|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
(a) Earth worm.
(b) Inch worm.
(c) Basket worm.
(d) Silk worm.
2. What hateful thing did Shonagon say some elderly people did when warming their hands over a brazier?
(a) Stretched out their wrinkles.
(c) Rubbed their hands together.
(d) Counted their age spots.
3. What was painted on the screens carried in the Empress's apartments on the day after the Naming of the Buddhas?
(b) The sea.
(d) A temple.
4. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
5. Where did the Empress' residence lie in relationship to Seiryo Palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
2. What gift did the Empress give the wet nurse who was leaving?
3. Who came out of the house to inquire whether or not "Lord So-and-so's" attendants had arrived yet in the section titled "Once When I Was Passing?"
4. What color did Shonagon say a cat's back should be?
5. What time of the day did Shonagan say was the most beautiful in the spring?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)