|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of plant did Shonagon find pretty when it floated on the water of a pond?
(a) Water oats.
(b) Lotus leaves.
2. What did Shonagon see someone spreading on the ground while traveling in her carriage one day?
(c) Straw mats.
3. What color did Shonagon say oxen's bellies should be?
4. What color were the horses that members of the nobility came to see on the first day of the First Month?
5. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
(a) Earth worm.
(b) Silk worm.
(c) Inch worm.
(d) Basket worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was hung from the pillars of the Empress' palace during the Festival of the Fifth Month?
2. What title was Norimitsu awarded after his falling out with Shonagon?
3. What color was the lute Shonagon saw the Empress holding in the section called "A Group of Senior Courtiers?"
4. What did His Majesty ask Shonagon and the others to write down on a folded piece of paper following dinner?
5. What gate at the house of the Senior Steward was too small for the carriage Shonagon and the other ladies rode in?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)