|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "It Is So Stiflingly Hot," who did the woman in the house with the open lattice receive a letter from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her original lover.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Her husband.
2. What tree did pilgrims returning from Mitake often bring back branches of?
3. Who did Shonagon say was splendid in spite of their low station?
(a) A Governor.
(b) A Lieutenant of the Guard.
(c) A Middle Counselor.
(d) A Chamberlain of the Sixth Rank.
4. What did Lord Akinobu say he had picked with his own hands?
(c) Fern sprouts.
5. What did Shonagon see someone spreading on the ground while traveling in her carriage one day?
(d) Straw mats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
2. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
3. What gate at the house of the Senior Steward was too small for the carriage Shonagon and the other ladies rode in?
4. What did Shonagon say that women at the palace did not do as other women did?
5. Who did most people consider as "unimportant as a piece of wood?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)