|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yukinari's title?
(a) Controller First Secretary.
(d) Middle Counsellor.
2. What did the officials carry when they came to thank the Emperor for their new appointments?
3. What title was Norimitsu awarded after his falling out with Shonagon?
(a) Middle Counsellor.
(b) Assistant Governor of Totomi.
(c) Lieutenant of the Guards.
(d) Governor of Suruga.
4. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
(c) Baskets of fruit.
(d) Attractively wrapped bundles and bags.
5. Who did the Empress refer to as "heavenly maidens floating in the air?"
(a) Her daughters.
(b) Young women at a wedding.
(c) Her attendants.
(d) Little girls at a festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the lute Shonagon saw the Empress holding in the section called "A Group of Senior Courtiers?"
2. What color robe did Korechika wear when he came to report to His Majesty while the ladies sat discussing the painting on a sliding screen?
3. What tree did people regard as the tree of the Divine Presence?
4. What did His Majesty ask Shonagon and the others to write down on a folded piece of paper following dinner?
5. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)