|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dried plant evoked a memory from the past in the section titled "Things That Arouse a Fond Memory From the Past?"
(d) Cherry blossom.
2. How did Shonagon say the sky should appear on the fifth day of the Fifth Month?
(c) Brilliantly blue.
3. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
4. Who asked Narimasa to arrange a meeting with Shonagon about the small gate?
(a) The Empress.
(b) The palace architect.
(c) Narimasa's brother.
(d) The Emperor.
5. What was the old nun who came on the second day of the Perpetual Readings asking for?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A job.
(c) New clothes.
(d) Leftovers from the altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women got in the carriage to go hear the hototogisu singing?
2. What was the right season to meet one's lover?
3. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
4. What did the pictures hung for the Perpetual Readings depict?
5. What did stout men strike Shonagon as being?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)