|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insect did Shonagon say she should have included in her list of hateful things?
2. What did the officials carry when they came to thank the Emperor for their new appointments?
3. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
(a) Cool and breezy.
(b) Mild and warm.
(c) Stiflingly hot.
(d) Bitter cold.
4. What was the residence of the Major Captain of the Smaller Palace of the First Ward called?
(a) High Court.
(b) Seiryo Palace.
(c) Otoko Yama.
(d) Smaller Shirakawa.
5. What did Shonagon say that women at the palace did not do as other women did?
(a) Walk about with their hair unkempt.
(b) Hide their faces behind fans and screens.
(c) Bow to men.
(d) Serve tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was hung from the pillars of the Empress' palace during the Festival of the Fifth Month?
2. What was the Palace of the First Ward known as?
3. What did stout men strike Shonagon as being?
4. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
5. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)