|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
(a) The Fourth Month.
(b) The Second Month.
(c) The Third Month.
(d) The Sixth Month.
2. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
3. What tree did people regard as the tree of the Divine Presence?
4. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
(d) Horse drawn.
5. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
(c) Chinese hawthorn.
(d) Pear tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section called "Hateful Things," what hateful thing happened when an admirer came for a clandestine visit?
2. Where did the Empress' residence lie in relationship to Seiryo Palace?
3. What was Yukinari's title?
4. What was the residence of the Major Captain of the Smaller Palace of the First Ward called?
5. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)