|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
(a) Bitter cold.
(b) Mild and warm.
(c) Cool and breezy.
(d) Stiflingly hot.
2. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
(a) Pear tree.
(b) Chinese hawthorn.
3. What was painted on the sliding screen in the back of the hall at Seiryo Palace?
(a) Cherry trees.
(c) Plum blossoms.
(d) Stormy sea.
4. What was wrong with the appearance of the escorts that Shonagon saw while visiting the palace to see the horses on the first day of the First Month?
(a) Their feet were too large.
(b) They were too tall.
(c) Their hair was unkempt.
(d) Their faces were improperly powdered.
5. What color robe did Korechika wear when he came to report to His Majesty while the ladies sat discussing the painting on a sliding screen?
(b) Golden yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shonagon say gentlemen should always have lest she find them boring?
2. What color did Shonagon say a cat's back should be?
3. What insect did Shonagon say she should have included in her list of hateful things?
4. What color did Shonagon say oxen's bellies should be?
5. What dried plant evoked a memory from the past in the section titled "Things That Arouse a Fond Memory From the Past?"
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)