|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the driver of an ox-carriage supposed to look like according to Shonagon?
2. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
3. What was Yukinari's title?
(a) Controller First Secretary.
(d) Middle Counsellor.
4. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
(a) Bitter cold.
(b) Mild and warm.
(c) Cool and breezy.
(d) Stiflingly hot.
5. What kind of bird was said to make its nest in the paulownia tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
2. Who did most people consider as "unimportant as a piece of wood?"
3. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
4. In "It Is So Stiflingly Hot," who did the woman in the house with the open lattice receive a letter from?
5. What color were the horses that members of the nobility came to see on the first day of the First Month?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)