|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
2. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
(b) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
(c) The Festival of the Third Month.
(d) The Festival of the First Month.
3. What color of under-robe was depressing in the Eighth Month?
4. What did the bedraggled and injured dog do that convinced Shonagon he was Okinamaro?
(a) Place his head in Shonagon's lap.
(b) Bark at the cat.
(c) Wag his tail at the mention of his name.
(d) Shed a flood of tears.
5. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shonagon say was depressing for a messenger who brought a gift to a house where a child was just born?
2. What was painted on the sliding screen in the back of the hall at Seiryo Palace?
3. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
4. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
5. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)