|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 25-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the nurse in charge of the palace cat?
(a) Lady Uma.
(d) Lady Myobu.
2. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
3. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
(a) Pear tree.
(b) Chinese hawthorn.
4. What tree did pilgrims returning from Mitake often bring back branches of?
5. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
(a) A source of sin.
(d) A deterrent of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
2. What was Yukinari's title?
3. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
4. In the section called "Depressing Things," what was depressing about a letter from the provinces?
5. What hateful thing did Shonagon say some elderly people did when warming their hands over a brazier?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)