|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 13-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the officials carry when they came to thank the Emperor for their new appointments?
2. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
(a) Stiflingly hot.
(b) Cool and breezy.
(c) Mild and warm.
(d) Bitter cold.
3. In the section called "Depressing Things," what was depressing about a letter from the provinces?
(a) When the letter arrived without a gift.
(b) When the letter was on plain paper.
(c) When the letter bore bad news.
(d) When the penmanship was poor.
4. What did the bedraggled and injured dog do that convinced Shonagon he was Okinamaro?
(a) Wag his tail at the mention of his name.
(b) Place his head in Shonagon's lap.
(c) Bark at the cat.
(d) Shed a flood of tears.
5. What gate at the house of the Senior Steward was too small for the carriage Shonagon and the other ladies rode in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Palace of the First Ward known as?
2. How did Shonagon feel about women who lived at home and cared for their husbands?
3. How did Shonagon say the sky should appear on the fifth day of the Fifth Month?
4. What instrument did His Majesty play?
5. What did His Majesty ask Shonagon and the others to write down on a folded piece of paper following dinner?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)