|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 13-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the officials carry when they came to thank the Emperor for their new appointments?
2. In the section called "Hateful Things," what hateful thing happened when an admirer came for a clandestine visit?
(a) A dog barked.
(b) The admirer got lost.
(c) The door was locked.
(d) A maid caught the visitor.
3. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
(a) The Second Month.
(b) The Fourth Month.
(c) The Third Month.
(d) The Sixth Month.
4. What instrument did His Majesty play?
5. What did Shonagon enjoy seeing men carry to and fro as the Festival approached?
(a) Loaves of bread.
(b) Decorations for the palace.
(c) Rolls of material.
(d) Flowers for the ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
2. What color robe did Korechika wear when he came to report to His Majesty while the ladies sat discussing the painting on a sliding screen?
3. Who was the nurse in charge of the palace cat?
4. What was the driver of an ox-carriage supposed to look like according to Shonagon?
5. How did Shonagon say the sky should appear on the fifth day of the Fifth Month?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)