|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 13-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the residence of the Major Captain of the Smaller Palace of the First Ward called?
(a) Otoko Yama.
(b) Smaller Shirakawa.
(c) Seiryo Palace.
(d) High Court.
2. What gate at the house of the Senior Steward was too small for the carriage Shonagon and the other ladies rode in?
3. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
(a) The Fourth Month.
(b) The Third Month.
(c) The Second Month.
(d) The Sixth Month.
4. Who was the nurse in charge of the palace cat?
(c) Lady Uma.
(d) Lady Myobu.
5. What was the driver of an ox-carriage supposed to look like according to Shonagon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Palace of the First Ward known as?
2. What did the officials carry when they came to thank the Emperor for their new appointments?
3. Where did the Empress' residence lie in relationship to Seiryo Palace?
4. What color did Shonagon say a cat's back should be?
5. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)