|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 136-155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
(a) Horse drawn.
2. What position was the young man in "A Family Has Finally Arranged the Marriage" appointed to?
(c) Palace Guard.
3. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
4. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
5. A promotion to what rank changed a man who was previously a Subordinate Official so much that he seemed to have been reborn?
(a) Grounds keeper.
(c) Palace guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stuck into the pile of snow that Emperor Murakami ordered?
2. What was the right season to meet one's lover?
3. What did Shonagon say was the most splendid of all qualities, especially in men?
4. Where did the wood for the batons for the new Chamberlains of the Sixth Rank come from?
5. What did Shonagon say a woman's house should look like when she lived alone?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)