|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 136-155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shonagon see someone spreading on the ground while traveling in her carriage one day?
(b) Straw mats.
2. What color of under-robe was depressing in the Eighth Month?
3. What were the musicians singing at the rehearsal of the Special Festivals?
(a) Temple Path.
(b) Udo Beach.
(d) The Song of the Phoenix.
4. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
5. In "When His Excellency, the Chancellor, Had Departed" who reminded Shonagon of the next line of a poem she had forgotten?
(a) Shonagn's maid.
(b) A page boy.
(c) The Empress.
(d) Lady Sakyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
2. Which of these did Shonagon say was distant but near?
3. In the section titled "It Was During One of Her Majesty's Periods of Residence," what did the women go outside to see in the early morning?
4. What did one of the women ask the old nun to do, which the Empress found degrading?
5. When Shonagon went to a temple for a retreat and was kneeling to pray, what did a priest bring her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)