|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 136-155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
(c) Horse drawn.
2. Who came out of the house to inquire whether or not "Lord So-and-so's" attendants had arrived yet in the section titled "Once When I Was Passing?"
(a) A pretty kitchen-maid.
(b) A young boy.
(c) The Empress.
(d) A cook.
3. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
4. Where did the Empress live after the Chancellor's death?
(a) Seiryo Palace.
(b) The Smaller Palace of the Second Ward.
(c) The Imperial Palace.
(d) The Emperor's quarters.
5. What instrument did His Majesty play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women got in the carriage to go hear the hototogisu singing?
2. Who brought a Chamberlain who belonged to the Imperial Guard a cup of wine when he brought a message to an Imperial consort?
3. What insect did Shonagon say she should have included in her list of hateful things?
4. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
5. What did Lord Akinobu say he had picked with his own hands?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)