|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 136-155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to check on the Empress due to the heavy snow even though it was an abstinence day?
2. Where did the wood for the batons for the new Chamberlains of the Sixth Rank come from?
(a) The Chamberlains cut it themselves.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) The south-east corner of the Empress's Office.
(d) The woods surrounding the Palace.
3. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
(b) Baskets of fruit.
(d) Attractively wrapped bundles and bags.
4. What did Tadanobu say one was always sorry for in "It Was Late at Night?"
(a) An inadvertent remark.
(b) Forgetting one's manners.
(c) A poorly written poem.
(d) Visiting the ladies-in-waiting.
5. What hateful thing did Shonagon say some elderly people did when warming their hands over a brazier?
(a) Stretched out their wrinkles.
(b) Rubbed their hands together.
(d) Counted their age spots.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Things Without Merit" what item did Shonagon say was so vulgar that people wouldn't want her to mention it?
2. What was the driver of an ox-carriage supposed to look like according to Shonagon?
3. Who wanted Shonagon to teach her the terminology that Shonagon and Tadanobu used to talk in secret?
4. What ruined the cherry blossoms used to decorate for the Dedication of the Full Canon?
5. Who was the woman that Nobukata broke off his relationship with due to the gossip of the ladies?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)