|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 136-155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paper was Yukinari's letter to Shonagon written on in "One Evening Yukinari, the Controller First Secretary?"
(a) Meng-Ch'ang paper.
(b) Cherry blossom paper.
(c) Koya paper.
(d) Bamboo paper.
2. What color of under-robe was depressing in the Eighth Month?
3. What kind of plant did Shonagon find pretty when it floated on the water of a pond?
(c) Water oats.
(d) Lotus leaves.
4. What did Shonagon say gentlemen should always have lest she find them boring?
(b) Quick tongues.
(c) Nice clothes.
5. What time of day did the Shigei Sha arrive at the Palace to see the Empress?
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early evening.
(d) Early in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like in the Seventh Month?
2. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
3. Where did the Empress live after the Chancellor's death?
4. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
5. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)