|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 37-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
(a) An unattractive voice.
(b) Unkempt hair.
(d) Large feet.
2. What kind of carriage was supposed to move slowly according to Shonagon?
(a) Horse drawn.
3. What did His Majesty ask Shonagon and the others to write down on a folded piece of paper following dinner?
(a) Their lineage.
(b) A passage from a book of philosophy.
(c) The first ancient poem that came to mind.
(d) Their names.
4. What bird did Shonagon say she liked even though it did not belong to her country?
5. What does the name of the kotonashi shrub mean?
(a) Shining leaves.
(b) High face.
(c) Grass that endures.
(d) Nothing wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section called "Hateful Things," what hateful thing happened when an admirer came for a clandestine visit?
2. What kind of bird was said to make its nest in the paulownia tree?
3. According to Shonagon, what can't be compared to rain?
4. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
5. What was the driver of an ox-carriage supposed to look like according to Shonagon?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)