|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 85-99.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the spirit of the Captain from the Inner Palace Guards said to be haunting?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A temple.
(c) The Palace.
(d) A path leading to the garden.
2. In the section called "Hateful Things," what hateful thing happened when an admirer came for a clandestine visit?
(a) The admirer got lost.
(b) A dog barked.
(c) A maid caught the visitor.
(d) The door was locked.
3. Which of these did Shonagon say gave an clean feeling?
(a) Little sparrows.
(b) The containers used for oil.
(c) A rush mat.
(d) A soft breeze.
4. In the section titled "Once When Her Majesty Was Residing" what did the ladies-in-waiting build in the garden?
(a) A sculpture of a bird.
(b) A small building.
(c) A flower bed.
(d) A snow mountain.
5. What gift did the Empress give the wet nurse who was leaving?
(a) A basket of flowers.
(b) A piece of jewelry.
(c) A robe.
(d) A fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of the women ask the old nun to do, which the Empress found degrading?
2. What was painted on the screens carried in the Empress's apartments on the day after the Naming of the Buddhas?
3. Who recited the perfect lines at the gathering following the service dedicated to the late Chancellor?
4. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
5. Where did the Empress' residence lie in relationship to Seiryo Palace?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)