|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 85-99.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said he/she would order the dancers to perform for the ladies-in-waiting after the Special Festival at Iwashimizu?
(a) The Chancellor.
(c) The Empress.
(d) The Emperor.
2. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
(a) Baskets of fruit.
(b) Attractively wrapped bundles and bags.
3. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
(b) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
(c) The Festival of the Third Month.
(d) The Festival of the First Month.
4. What did Shonagon say an ugly preacher might be?
(b) A source of sin.
(c) A deterrent of sin.
5. How many women got in the carriage to go hear the hototogisu singing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was Norimitsu awarded after his falling out with Shonagon?
2. Where did the Empress live after the Chancellor's death?
3. In the section called "Depressing Things," what was depressing about a letter from the provinces?
4. What dried plant evoked a memory from the past in the section titled "Things That Arouse a Fond Memory From the Past?"
5. What was the right season to meet one's lover?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)