|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Empress' sister?
(b) The Shigei Sha.
(c) A nun.
(d) She did not have a sister.
2. Which of these did Shonagon say loses by being painted?
(a) Cherry blossoms.
(d) Mountain villages.
3. What kind of bird was said to make its nest in the paulownia tree?
4. What caused the lamp to tip when Masahiro was responsible for filling the lamps with oil?
(a) A cat knocked it over.
(b) He bumped it with the oil jar.
(c) His foot stuck to the cloth.
(d) He kicked it.
5. Who remarked to all the ladies gathered in the corridor to watch that it "must make [them] laugh to see the foolish old man?"
(a) The Empress.
(b) The Chancellor.
(c) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
2. In "On the Last Day of the Second Month," who was present at court that made Shonagon worry about her response to the note she received at the Black Door?
3. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
4. Which of these did Shonagon say was a thing that gave a hot feeling?
5. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)