|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would make a player in a game of hidden rhymes look pleased with himself?
(a) A dinner bell before his defeat.
(b) Ending the game in a tie.
(c) Finding the concealed character.
(d) His opponent's puzzlement.
2. What color were the Shigei Sha's under-robes when Shonagon first saw her at Toka Palace?
(b) Light violet.
(c) Plum red.
(d) Shades of blue.
3. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Third Month.
(b) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
(c) The Festival of the First Month.
(d) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
4. What time of day did the Shigei Sha arrive at the Palace to see the Empress?
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early evening.
(d) Early in the morning.
5. What insect did Shonagon say she should have included in her list of hateful things?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yukinari tell Shonagon he was saying to the woman she saw him speaking with near the garden fence?
2. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
3. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
4. What was Yukinari's title?
5. To whom did the Emperor pay his respects when he returned from his visit to Yawata?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)