|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shonagon say was a painful surprise on the morning after a fierce wind?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A disheveled garden.
(c) Broken branches.
(d) A knocked over fence.
2. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
(a) Wicker-work carriage.
(b) Oxen cart.
(d) Palm leaf carriage.
3. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
(a) Large feet.
(b) An unattractive voice.
(c) Unkempt hair.
4. What tree did Shonagon say had a vulgar name?
(a) Chinese hawthorn.
(d) Pear tree.
5. In "On the Last Day of the Second Month," who was present at court that made Shonagon worry about her response to the note she received at the Black Door?
(a) The Empress.
(b) The Shigei Sha.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did the Emperor pay his respects when he returned from his visit to Yawata?
2. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
3. Which of these did Shonagon say was a thing that gave a hot feeling?
4. What did Shonagon tell the Empress she thought of Yukinari?
5. Who impressed Shonagon with his obeisance to the Chancellor?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)