|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird was said to make its nest in the paulownia tree?
2. Which of these was included in the list of things that had lost their power?
(a) An ancient Emperor.
(b) A large tree that was blown down.
(c) A dead fish washed up on a beach.
(d) A retreating storm.
3. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
4. Who impressed Shonagon with his obeisance to the Chancellor?
(a) The Emperor.
5. Who was the Empress' sister?
(a) She did not have a sister.
(c) A nun.
(d) The Shigei Sha.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "There Was a Man in the Corridor" what was the man's servant holding?
2. Who did Shonagon say was especially likely to be confronted with shameful things if he was a light sleeper?
3. When Shonagon went to a temple for a retreat and was kneeling to pray, what did a priest bring her?
4. What tree's blossoms did Shonagon consider prosaic and vulgar, but later changed her mind about?
5. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)