|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to check on the Empress due to the heavy snow even though it was an abstinence day?
2. What did Masahiro hide behind a screen to eat?
3. What kind of wood was the round brazier the Empress sat before when Shonagon came to visit in her early days as a lady-in-waiting?
4. What color were the Shigei Sha's under-robes when Shonagon first saw her at Toka Palace?
(a) Light violet.
(b) Plum red.
(d) Shades of blue.
5. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Third Month.
(b) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
(c) The Festival of the First Month.
(d) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did the Shigei Sha arrive at the Palace to see the Empress?
2. What caused the lamp to tip when Masahiro was responsible for filling the lamps with oil?
3. What did Shonagon tell the Empress she thought of Yukinari?
4. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
5. Which of these did Shonagon say gains by being painted?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)