|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yukinari's title?
(b) Controller First Secretary.
(c) Middle Counsellor.
2. What shade of plum blossom brought Shonagon the most pleasure?
3. Which worm was said to have been begotten by a demon?
(a) Silk worm.
(b) Inch worm.
(c) Earth worm.
(d) Basket worm.
4. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
(b) Attractively wrapped bundles and bags.
(c) Baskets of fruit.
5. What was hung from the pillars of the Empress' palace during the Festival of the Fifth Month?
(a) Pear blossoms.
(b) Herbal balls.
(c) Cherry blossoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Shonagon went to a temple for a retreat and was kneeling to pray, what did a priest bring her?
2. In "There Was a Man in the Corridor" what was the man's servant holding?
3. What kind of wood was the round brazier the Empress sat before when Shonagon came to visit in her early days as a lady-in-waiting?
4. What did Shonagon say gentlemen should always have lest she find them boring?
5. What caused the lamp to tip when Masahiro was responsible for filling the lamps with oil?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)