|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 116-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what festival did people decorate with irises?
(a) The Festival of the Third Month.
(b) The Festival of the Eighth Month.
(c) The Festival of the First Month.
(d) The Festival of the Fifth Month.
2. In the section titled "I Was Standing in a Corridor," what were the servants carrying?
(a) Attractively wrapped bundles and bags.
(b) Baskets of fruit.
3. What insect did Shonagon say she should have included in her list of hateful things?
4. Which of these did Shonagon say was a thing that gave a hot feeling?
(a) A zither bag.
(b) A colt in a field.
(c) A roll of silk.
(d) A well-dressed oxen driver.
5. What did Yukinari say he could not stand in a woman?
(a) Large feet.
(b) An unattractive voice.
(d) Unkempt hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shonagon say was a painful surprise on the morning after a fierce wind?
2. During what cool month of heavy showers and fierce winds did Shonagon like to nap?
3. What tree's blossoms did Shonagon consider prosaic and vulgar, but later changed her mind about?
4. What did the High Priestess travel in during the Return Procession from Kamo?
5. In "In the First Month When I Go to a Temple" who did Shonagon say she liked to have with her when she visited a new place?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)