1. What time of the day did Shonagan say was the most beautiful in the spring?
(b) Late night.
2. What color were the horses that members of the nobility came to see on the first day of the First Month?
3. What was wrong with the appearance of the escorts that Shonagon saw while visiting the palace to see the horses on the first day of the First Month?
(a) They were too tall.
(b) Their feet were too large.
(c) Their faces were improperly powdered.
(d) Their hair was unkempt.
4. In what month did the peach trees come into bloom?
(a) The Third Month.
(b) The Sixth Month.
(c) The Second Month.
(d) The Fourth Month.
5. What did Shonagon enjoy seeing men carry to and fro as the Festival approached?
(a) Flowers for the ladies.
(b) Decorations for the palace.
(c) Rolls of material.
(d) Loaves of bread.
This section contains 4,492 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)