|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's position in Kingsbridge?
(a) Head of security
(b) Accountant for the monastery
(d) Wool business manager
2. What does Alfred do when he is unable to perform on his wedding night?
(a) He asks Aliena for forgiveness.
(b) He forces Aliena to sleep on the floor.
(c) He cries out of frustration.
(d) He promises to do better next time.
3. What does Aliena consider when she goes to the tallest tower of the cathedral?
(a) Marrying Jack
(b) Joining a nunnery
(c) Moving away
4. Who does Philip name as the new master builder of the cathedral?
5. Why do a band of outlaws attack Kingsbridge?
(a) They want to assassinate Prior Philip.
(b) They are starving and desperate.
(c) They want Aliena's wool.
(d) They want gold from the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aliena tell Richard he should do to be named Earl of Shiring?
2. What does Philip model the plans for a new town after?
3. Why is Prior Philip's life in danger when he walks around the castle grounds with King Sephen?
4. What is the advice William's mother gives him about how to become the earl of Shiring?
5. What is the result of the fight between Alfred and Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the first meeting between Jack and Aliena when Jack finds her reading in the woods.
2. Describe the scene between Jack and Alfred after Alfred tells Jack that his real father was hanged as a thief.
3. Why does Alfred force Aliena to sleep on the floor at the foot of the bed?
4. What are the changes Alfred proposes for the cathedral when Philip names him as master builder?
5. How does Ellen find a way into Jack's cell after the monks lock him up for talking to Aliena?
6. What are the aftereffects of William's attack on Kingsbridge on the citizens of the town?
7. How is William's mismanagement of Shiring evident throughout the countryside?
8. Why does Jack invent an ingenious cloth felter for Aliena?
9. Why does Alfred come to see Jack after 10 years with no communication?
10. Why does Richard decide to join the Christian crusades fighting in the Holy Land?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)