|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aliena suggest Richard should do with the bandits?
(a) Turn them into an army
(b) Put them to work in the fields
(c) Let them go back to their families
(d) Hang them in the marketplace
2. What does Tom give to Jack that no other man could give?
(a) The cathedral
(b) His mason's tools
(c) His wedding ring
(d) A loving brother
3. How many people die in the raid on Kingsbridge?
(b) Over 200
(c) Over 50
(d) Over 100
4. What does Aliena tell Richard he should do to be named Earl of Shiring?
(a) Bribe William
(b) Forcibly take Earlcastle
(c) Assassinate William
(d) Ask King Stephen for the earldom
5. Who wins the battle when King Stephen's castle is attacked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do a band of outlaws attack Kingsbridge?
2. What is Richard's position in Kingsbridge?
3. What is Aliena's reaction when Jack tells her he hired Alfred?
4. What does Alfred reveal to Jack that infuriates him?
5. What does William vow to do after the death of his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the young wife of William Hamleigh.
2. Why is Jack angry with the conditions Philip gives him in order for him to be master builder of Kingsbridge cathedral?
3. What does William Hamleigh decide to do in order to increase the wealth of Shiring when he takes control after his father's death?
4. Describe Prior Philip's response to William Hamleigh when he arrives in Kingsbridge with his soldiers.
5. Why does Alfred force Aliena to sleep on the floor at the foot of the bed?
6. What are the changes Alfred proposes for the cathedral when Philip names him as master builder?
7. Describe Aliena's plan to get Shiring back for Richard.
8. What does Aliena teach Elizabeth when they meet each other when seeking shelter from a storm?
9. Why does Jack invent an ingenious cloth felter for Aliena?
10. What is Aliena's idea involving the starving outlaws who attack Kingsbridge in the search for food?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)