|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: 1152 - 1155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip's brother, Francis, surprise him with when he comes to visit?
(a) He brings needed donations.
(b) He brings a baby.
(c) He brings fresh fruit.
(d) He brings a new bible.
2. How many people die in the raid on Kingsbridge?
(b) Over 50
(c) Over 200
(d) Over 100
3. What does Philip model the plans for a new town after?
4. How does the master builder of William's church find masons to hire?
(a) He goes to Winchester to hire them.
(b) He steals them from Kingsbridge.
(c) He goes to France and brings them back.
(d) He hires them in Salisbury.
5. What do the young men in the marketplace think is lucky for a condemned man?
(a) To hang slowly in the hope of being rescued
(b) To break his neck, resulting in a quick death
(c) To have a friend shoot him with an arrow before he hangs
(d) To be forgiven by a priest
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Tom ask Ellen after staying with her for a time?
2. What impresses Tom about Ellen's son, Jack?
3. Why do the townspeople find the whole situation of the hanging strange?
4. What is the language the condemned man speaks?
5. What is the historical significance of the ship that flounders off Balfour?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)