|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: 1152 - 1155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the monastery after 2 years under the care of Prior Philip?
(a) The monks are hungry and the monastery in ruins.
(b) It is self sufficient and morale is high.
(c) It is in dire straits.
(d) The monastery is dirty and unkempt.
2. Who does the prisoner look at while he stands on the gallows?
(a) A girl of about 15 years of age
(b) His father
(c) A young boy
(d) His mother
3. What does Aliena's and Richard's father make them vow to him?
(a) They will get as far away from Shiring as they can.
(b) They will get King Stephen to help them.
(c) They will go into the forest and stay out of harm's way.
(d) They will get revenge on the Hamleighs and get back the earldom.
4. What does Jack invent to help Aliena with her wool business?
(a) Wool clippers
(b) A collapsible market booth
(c) A wool sheerer
(d) A cloth felter
5. What is the reaction of the young boys toward the prisoner?
(a) They think he is a demon.
(b) They think he is strong and brave.
(c) They laugh hysterically at him until they fall down.
(d) They are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aliena surprised to discover about Jack?
2. What is the result of the fight between Alfred and Jack?
3. What does Waleran tell William would be an ideal insult to Philip?
4. Who are the three men that ride behind the oxcart that carries the prisoner?
5. What does the prisoner do after the noose is placed around his neck?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)