|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: 1123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that sinks after setting sail from England in 1120?
(a) The White Ship
(b) The Queen Elizabeth
(c) The Balfour
(d) The Queen Maud
2. What type of people live in the homes of the town square?
(a) Craftsmen and traders
(b) The poor of the town
3. What reaction do the old women have toward the prisoner?
(a) They are glad he is about to hang.
(b) They think he is handsome.
(c) They feel sorry for him.
(d) They feel he deserves his fate.
4. Why do three men ride behind the prisoner?
(a) They try to keep order.
(b) They mock the prisoner publicly.
(c) They recite the prisoner's crime.
(d) They are his accusers.
5. What does the prisoner do after the noose is placed around his neck?
(a) He starts to sing.
(b) He begins to scream.
(c) He begins to beg for mercy.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three men that ride behind the oxcart that carries the prisoner?
2. What is the historical significance of the ship that flounders off Balfour?
3. What type of death does the prisoner experience when the oxcart is pulled away?
4. How many passengers aboard the sunken ship survive?
5. What is the language the condemned man speaks?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)