|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: 1123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the description of the priest who is one of the condemned man's accusers?
(a) He is old, bald, rides an old mare, and wears black robes.
(b) He is young with blond hair, blue eyes, and has a friendly face.
(c) He is young, has black hair and a sharp nose, wears black robes, and has a dangerous look.
(d) He is fat, red faced, and clumsy.
2. What reaction do the old women have toward the prisoner?
(a) They think he is handsome.
(b) They feel he deserves his fate.
(c) They are glad he is about to hang.
(d) They feel sorry for him.
3. What is the favorite event for the young boys who gather in the marketplace?
(a) Cock fighting
(b) Buying treats at the market
(c) Watching the king pass by
(d) Watching a hanging
4. What type of death does the prisoner experience when the oxcart is pulled away?
(a) He strangles slowly.
(b) His neck breaks and death is quick.
(c) He gasps for breath for a long time.
(d) He kicks and fights against the noose.
5. What do the old women in the crowd conclude about the person at whom the prisoner is looking?
(a) He is old and weary.
(b) He is the prisoner's brother.
(c) She is about to die.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language the condemned man speaks?
2. What does the prisoner do after the noose is placed around his neck?
3. What do the young men in the marketplace think is lucky for a condemned man?
4. What color eyes does the person have that the prisoner stares at in the crowd?
5. What does the condemned man look like?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)