|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: 1123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction do the old women have toward the prisoner?
(a) They feel sorry for him.
(b) They are glad he is about to hang.
(c) They feel he deserves his fate.
(d) They think he is handsome.
2. What do the young men in the marketplace think is lucky for a condemned man?
(a) To hang slowly in the hope of being rescued
(b) To be forgiven by a priest
(c) To break his neck, resulting in a quick death
(d) To have a friend shoot him with an arrow before he hangs
3. What do the older women bring to the marketplace when they go to watch the hanging?
(a) They bring wooden stools to sit while watching the hanging.
(b) They bring ale and food to sell at the hanging.
(c) They bring clothing to mend while at the hanging.
(d) They bring their weaving to pass the time.
4. What do the young boys of the village admire the most?
(a) A tender ballad
(c) A loving mother
5. What is the favorite event for the young boys who gather in the marketplace?
(a) Watching the king pass by
(b) Cock fighting
(c) Watching a hanging
(d) Buying treats at the market
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople find the whole situation of the hanging strange?
2. Who nudges the sheriff impatiently, wanting to hurry along the hanging?
3. Why are the boys terrified at the moment of the prisoner's death?
4. What is the description of the priest who is one of the condemned man's accusers?
5. What does the prisoner do after the noose is placed around his neck?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)