|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: 1152 - 1155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philip granted when he asks for a market license?
(a) He is granted the license if he pays 100 pounds.
(b) He is granted the forestland but no license.
(c) He is granted the use of the quarry but no license.
(d) He is granted only a partial license.
2. What news does a page bring to William while he is fighting in the civil war between Maud and Stephen?
(a) His father died.
(b) His sister is ill.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) His castle was attacked.
3. How does William plan to get more money for Shiring?
(a) Starting a wool market
(b) Raping and pillaging the villagers
(c) Selling farmland
(d) Selling the castle silver pieces
4. Why does Alfred go to Aliena's home?
(a) To laugh in her face
(b) To ask her to come back to him
(c) To kill her
(d) To beg her for money
5. What is the condition of Tom and his family by the time Christmas arrives?
(a) They are doing well because of Tom's new job.
(b) They are starving
(c) They are happy to be together in a warm cave.
(d) They are healthy and warm in a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter of Wareham become angry with Prior Philip?
2. Why does Alfred come to see Jack after 10 years of absence?
3. What horrifies Philip when he first sees Kingsbridge?
4. Who comes out of the forest to help Martha when she is hit on the head by a robber?
5. What is Aliena's reaction when Jack tells her he hired Alfred?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)