|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the basis for Mercy’s worry as the group sets out?
(a) She has not received a specific invitation
(b) They have not heard from Christian for a while
(c) She has never thought herself lovable
(d) Matthew has been looking at her friend Miriam
2. What happens to Mercy at the Wicket Gate?
(a) She faints with worry
(b) She is almost rejected
(c) She sprains her ankle
3. What does Great Heart kill to protect the group?
(a) A rabid bear
(b) A giant
(c) A pack of wolves
(d) A lion
4. What does Christiana have for illness when they leave House Beautiful?
(a) A sack of herbs
(b) A box of pills
(c) Holy Water
(d) A waterskin filled with a potion
5. Why is the man at the place where he meets the group?
(a) He has run out of food
(b) He sprained an ankle climbing
(c) He was inspired by Christian
(d) Evangelist sent him there
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the commemoration?
2. What is the Interpreter’s relationship to Great Heart?
3. What does Matthew do while the group is resting at the gatekeeper’s house?
4. How did the person in question 145 fare when he reached the CelestialCity?
5. How does the group react to Honest’s story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Honest tell the group about Self-Will?
2. Where does the group lodge in Vanity? Why do they stay there? What happens with his two daughters?
3. Why is Mercy worried about the journey?
4. What happens to the group at DelectableMountain?
5. What happens to ease the mind of the latest group member and what does Great Heart do after the group sets forth following James’ wedding?
6. What happens to the group in the morning at the Interpreter’s house and what does he do before the group leaves? Where are they going next?
7. What do the men of the group do? Who marries James? Who marries Matthew?
8. What is on the hill that commemorates something, and what does it commemorate?
9. What does the group see when they pass the spot where Christian met Sloth and his friends?
10. What happens when the group is on Enchanted Ground and who meets them at BeulahLand?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)