|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves the group when they are threatened outside the Gatekeeper's house??
2. What happens to the group of travelers on the second morning at the Interpreter's house?
(a) They are ceremonially bathed and clothed in white.
(b) Matthew is taken from the group.
(c) They are shown yet more images.
(d) They are taken to the armory.
3. What does Mrs. Timorous say about Christiana’s plans to go on a pilgrimage?
(a) She is enthusiastic about them.
(b) She has no opinion at all.
(c) She condemns them.
(d) She is undecided about them.
4. What does Great Heart kill to protect the group after leaving House Beautiful?
(a) A giant.
(b) A rabid bear.
(c) A pack of wolves.
(d) A lion.
5. What is the basis for Mercy’s worry as the group sets out?
(a) They have not heard from Christian for a while.
(b) She has not received a specific invitation.
(c) She has never thought herself lovable.
(d) Matthew has been looking at her friend Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group stop for the night after meeting Honest?
2. Who greets the group at the entrance to the Land of Beulah?
3. What does Matthew do while the group is resting at the Gatekeeper’s house?
4. With whom does the author have a conversation with to justify the second part of the book?
5. Great Heart points out locations where who had adventures along the journey in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group’s rescuer tell them and where do they go next? What do they see there first?
2. Why is Mercy worried about the journey?
3. How does the group earn the gratitude of Vanity’s townspeople and what has happened while the group is staying in Vanity?
4. What is in the dream Christiana has before she leaves her home?
5. Where does the group lodge in Vanity? Why do they stay there? What happens with his two daughters?
6. What does the group do when it prepares to leave and what is the consequence of that action?
7. What is on the hill that commemorates something, and what does it commemorate?
8. Whom does the group ask to join them and what is that person’s worry?
9. Where does the group stop shortly after meeting Honest and what are they told there?
10. What happens when the group is on Enchanted Ground and who meets them at BeulahLand?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)