|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Honest tell the group?
(a) One about an unknown man.
(b) One about Coward.
(c) One about Lost Way.
(d) One about Fearing.
2. What does the group do at Enchanted Ground?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Tries to wake two pilgrims.
(c) Tells each other jokes to stay awake.
(d) Bypasses Enchanted Ground.
3. What are the names of Christiana’s sons?
(a) John, Matthew, Mark and Peter.
(b) Matthew, Samuel, Joseph, and James.
(c) James, Mark, Paul and Matthew.
(d) Mark, Samuel, Matthew, and James.
4. What does Goodwill say to the group at the Wicket Gate?
(a) Everyone can enter.
(b) Only two can come inside that day, then two in the morning.
(c) They must hide behind him from the Devil’s arrows.
(d) He tells Mercy she is on probation.
5. Great Heart points out locations where who had adventures along the journey in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the evil giant the men talk about at the inn in Part 2?
2. What happens first to the group at Doubting Castle?
3. What does Mercy ask Christiana in the beginning of Part 2?
4. Why did the hero from Honest's story have a problem on the journey?
5. How do the people of Vanity feel about the group of pilgrims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group’s rescuer tell them and where do they go next? What do they see there first?
2. Why is Mercy worried about the journey?
3. What happens to the group when they leave Goodwill’s house?
4. What is in the dream Christiana has before she leaves her home?
5. Who visits Christiana while she is preparing to depart and what happens?
6. Where does the group lodge in Vanity? Why do they stay there? What happens with his two daughters?
7. What happens to the group shortly after leaving Vanity?
8. What does the group ask Great Heart when they get to House Beautiful and what is his response?
9. What happens when the group gets to the Wicket Gate?
10. What happens to ease the mind of the latest group member and what does Great Heart do after the group sets forth following James’ wedding?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)