|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two places do the shepherds show Christian and Hopeful?
(a) The Hill of Error and the Mountain of Caution.
(b) The Tree of Caution and the Silver Unicorn.
(c) The Caves of Wonder and the River of Life.
(d) The Golden Gates and the Forest of Flowers.
2. What are Sloth, Simple, and Presumption doing when Christian sees them?
(a) Playing cards.
(c) Listening to music.
3. What is the Slough of Despair comprised of?
(a) Electric eels.
(b) The hopes of the grieving.
(d) The fears of sinners.
4. What do Christian and Hopeful pass on the way to Lucre Hill?
(a) The Primeval Forest.
(b) The Plain of Ease.
(c) The Pit of Oblivion.
(d) The River of Comfort.
5. What do the people of Vanity want to do with Christian and Faithful?
(a) Invite them to a dance.
(b) Get them to sing on stage.
(c) Put them up in the town’s hotel.
(d) Steal their clothing and possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which way does the path go that the black man leads Christian and Hopeful down?
2. What does the dust in the room represent?
3. Whom do the shepherds tell Christian and Hopeful to ignore?
4. Whom does Worldly Wiseman want Christian to meet?
5. Why are Christian and Hopeful confused shortly after talking about Little Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hopeful say about his own life?
2. Where does Christian go from the valley in question 10 and what is bad about it?
3. Where do Christian and Hopeful go after leaving the Enchanted Ground and where is it in relation to Celestial City?
4. What does Evangelist tell Faithful and Christian about the city they are about to enter?
5. Who is Christian and why does he leave his home?
6. Who do Christian and Hopeful meet after they leave the shepherds? What does that person say to them?What is Christian’s response?
7. What do the shepherds show Christian and Hopeful?
8. What does Atheist say to Christian and Hopeful?
9. How does Christian get out of the river? Who meets them on the other side?Where do they go?
10. What does Talkative tell Christian and Faithful and what does Christian say about Talkative? What does Faithful say once he understands Talkative?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)