|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which way does the path go that the black man leads Christian and Hopeful down?
(a) Toward the North Pole.
(b) Away from Celestial City.
(c) Away from. the City of Destruction.
(d) Toward Celestial City.
2. With what is Faithful charged in Vanity?
(a) Meeting in secret with Christian by the gate.
(b) Hitting a man in the face.
(c) Accusing the town of having a false religion.
(d) Not paying the entrance tax to the city.
3. From what city is Worldly Wiseman?
(a) Pernicious Place.
(b) Humanity Haven.
(c) World Peace.
(d) Carnal Policy.
4. Whom does Christian meet after leaving the area of the Devil’s Castle?
(a) Know Much.
5. By whom was Faithful beaten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the giant named Pope?
2. From where does Ignorance say his salvation comes?
3. Who joins Christian when Christian leaves Vanity?
4. What mountains do Christian and Hopeful reach?
5. What very frightening place does Christian pass in the Valley of the Shadow of Death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atheist say to Christian and Hopeful?
2. How does Christian get out of the river? Who meets them on the other side?Where do they go?
3. How does Christian meet Formalist and Hypocrisyand what happens to them and why?
4. Where do Christian and Hopeful get confused and who leads them away?
5. What happens at Lucre Hill?
6. Where do Christian and Hopeful go after they leave the castle?
7. What does Faithful tell Christian about why Faithful is there?
8. Where does Christian go from the valley in question 10 and what is bad about it?
9. Where does Christian meet Timorous and Mistrust and why is it nightfall before he gets to the top of the mountain?
10. Who do Christian and Hopeful meet after they leave the shepherds? What does that person say to them?What is Christian’s response?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)