|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the waters to cross be shallow for a pilgrim?
(a) It depends on the season when a pilgrim reaches the water.
(b) The height of the pilgrim makes a difference.
(c) The greater someone’s faith the more shallow the water.
(d) Fear can induce the waters to recede.
2. What statue do Christian and Hopeful see?
(a) One of St. Peter.
(b) One of a lion and a lamb.
(c) A statue of the present Pope.
(d) One of Lot’s Wife.
3. What do Christian and Hopeful do with Atheist?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They turn away from him.
(c) They sit and talk with him.
(d) They try to convert him.
4. What does Evangelist tell Christian he must do to save himself?
(a) He must follow his wife’s instructions.
(b) He does not have to do anything, as he is already safe.
(c) He has to leave the City of Destruction.
(d) He has to become a priest.
5. What did Shame say to Faithful?
(a) There is nothing shameful in the world.
(b) It is shameful to admit one’s sins.
(c) It is shameful to eat when others are hungry.
(d) It is shameful to leave one’s spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Christian and Hopeful clear up their situation regarding what path to choose?
2. What mountains do Christian and Hopeful reach?
3. What is the first thing Christian is shown after leaving the area of the Devil’s Castle?
4. What are the names of the paths around the Hill of Difficulty that Formalist and Hypocrisy take?
5. How do Christian and Hopeful keep awake on Enchanted Ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What valley does Christian enter after he leaves the top of the mountain and what happens there?
2. Where do Christian and Hopeful go after they leave the castle?
3. What story does Christian tell Hopeful and the person in question 23?
4. What must Christian and Hopeful cross to reach the Celestial City and how does Hopeful help Christian?
5. Who do Christian and Hopeful meet after they leave the shepherds? What does that person say to them?What is Christian’s response?
6. What happens at Lucre Hill?
7. What do the shepherds show Christian and Hopeful?
8. What does Talkative tell Christian and Faithful and what does Christian say about Talkative? What does Faithful say once he understands Talkative?
9. What happens to Christian and Hopeful after the flood on By Pass Meadow blocks them from leaving?
10. What city do Christian and Faithful enter? What is there that happens all year?What happens to Faithful and Christian?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)