|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the group of travelers on the second morning at the Interpreter's house?
(a) They are shown yet more images.
(b) Matthew is taken from the group.
(c) They are taken to the armory.
(d) They are ceremonially bathed and clothed in white.
2. How long does the group stay at the place where they stop for the night after the giant is killed in Part 2?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
3. What giant does Great Heart defeat on the way up the hill?
4. What does the giant do that is evil in Part 2?
(a) Imprison pilgrims for one year.
(b) Kill anyone within his reach.
(c) Encourages thieves to rob pilgrims.
(d) Preaches against God.
5. How do Christiana and Mercy interpret the images which they are shown by the Interpreter?
(a) They do not know what to make of the images.
(b) The way to find Christian.
(c) As lessons about religious faith and false paths.
(d) The Interpreter tells them what each image represents.
6. Who helps Matthew?
(b) The doctor.
(c) Great Heart.
(d) An angel.
7. What does the group do when they reach the Wicket Gate?
(a) It is night, so they go to sleep.
(b) Yell and bang on it.
(c) Wait for it to open.
(d) It is open, and they go right inside.
8. With whom does the author have a conversation with to justify the second part of the book?
(a) With Interpreter.
(b) With the author’s minister.
(c) With the book itself.
(d) With a Shining One.
9. What does Great Heart tell the group as he departs the Beautiful House?
(a) He will take Matthew with him when he leaves.
(b) They should have asked for a permanent conductor.
(c) He will be sure to give their gratitude to the Interpreter.
(d) Men are allowed to stay in the house.
10. Why do Christiana’s four sons stay in Beulah?
(a) They want to see their grandchildren.
(b) They are too young to die.
(c) They have not reached a state of Grace, yet.
(d) They continue having children.
11. What does the group do while they stay at House Beautiful?
(a) Write down the tales of their journey.
(b) Learn from the sisters.
(c) Everyone gets married.
(d) Help the sisters renovate the house.
12. How does the group leave Doubting Castle?
(a) The men kill the giant and destroy the castle.
(b) They have not gone to Doubting Castle.
(c) Giant Despair runs away.
(d) They imprison Despair in his own dungeon.
13. What does Mercy ask Christiana in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) If Mercy can go with her.
(b) If Mercy can marry one of Christiana’s sons.
(c) If Christiana plans to take her sons.
(d) If Christian expects to find Christian.
14. Who saves the group when they are threatened outside the Gatekeeper's house??
15. What is Mercy’s secret hope?
(a) That she can marry Joshua.
(b) That Christian will be waiting for them.
(c) She has no secret hope.
(d) That she can save her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do when they leave Mr. Mnason’s house?
2. What does Great Heart do to help the group enter House Beautiful?
3. What do the men find when they kill the giant?
4. What does the group ask Great Heart when they are inside the house?
5. What hill does the group climb after they leave the Interpreter’s house?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)