|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercy ask Christiana in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) If Christiana plans to take her sons.
(b) If Mercy can go with her.
(c) If Christian expects to find Christian.
(d) If Mercy can marry one of Christiana’s sons.
2. What are the group of pilgrims told they did wrong when they left the gatekeeper’s house?
(a) They should not be dressed like pilgrims.
(b) They should have gotten some weapons from the gatekeeper.
(c) They need a conductor.
(d) They should wait for full daylight.
3. What is the relationship between Christian and Christiana?
(a) They are married.
(b) Christian is Christiana's uncle.
(c) Christiana is Christian's aunt.
(d) Christian is Christiana's brother.
4. Who saves the group when they are threatened outside the Gatekeeper's house??
5. What is the group of pilgrims first shown at the Interpreter’s house?
(a) The clothing they need to wear.
(b) The same images Christian was shown.
(c) How to use a sword.
(d) The Holy Scriptures.
6. What does Great Heart do to help the group enter House Beautiful?
(a) Has them pick certain flowers in the garden.
(b) Speaks to the angel for them.
(c) Have the key to the front door.
(d) Kill the giant, Grim.
7. Where does the group stop for the night after meeting Honest?
(a) Gaius’s Inn.
(b) Holy Spires.
(c) Spirit Place.
(d) The Great Cathedral.
8. What is Mercy’s secret hope?
(a) That she can save her soul.
(b) That she can marry Joshua.
(c) She has no secret hope.
(d) That Christian will be waiting for them.
9. What does the author relate about the first part of the book in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) It has become famous.
(b) He does not know what people think of the first part of the book.
(c) He says he has been condemned by the church.
(d) It has not been well received.
10. What is the basis for Mercy’s worry as the group sets out?
(a) She has not received a specific invitation.
(b) She has never thought herself lovable.
(c) They have not heard from Christian for a while.
(d) Matthew has been looking at her friend Miriam.
11. What do the men find when they kill the giant?
(a) A pile of rubies and diamonds.
(b) An entire family kept imprisoned.
(c) A prisoner named Feeble Minded.
(d) Christian’s cloak.
12. What hill does the group climb after they leave the Interpreter’s house?
(a) The Hill of Difficulty.
(b) The Hills of Sorrow.
(c) The Hill of Regrets.
(d) The Hill of Fear.
13. How does Matthew heal?
(a) He chews on some feverfew leaves.
(b) He drinks a potion.
(c) He drinks a lot of water.
(d) The illness runs its course.
14. What are the names of Christiana’s sons?
(a) Mark, Samuel, Matthew, and James.
(b) John, Matthew, Mark and Peter.
(c) Matthew, Samuel, Joseph, and James.
(d) James, Mark, Paul and Matthew.
15. What happens to Mercy at the Wicket Gate?
(b) She sprains her ankle.
(c) She is almost rejected.
(d) She faints with worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Sloth, Simple, and Presumption in Part 2?
2. Why did the hero from Honest's story have a problem on the journey?
3. Who helps Matthew?
4. What has changed at the House Beautiful since Christian was there?
5. What is the Interpreter’s relationship to Great Heart?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)