|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christiana have to treat illness when they leave House Beautiful?
(a) Holy Water.
(b) A box of pills.
(c) A sack of herbs.
(d) A waterskin filled with a potion.
2. What does the group do when they reach the Wicket Gate?
(a) Yell and bang on it.
(b) It is night, so they go to sleep.
(c) It is open, and they go right inside.
(d) Wait for it to open.
3. What happens to Mercy at the Wicket Gate?
(a) She is almost rejected.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
(d) She faints with worry.
4. How does the group leave Doubting Castle?
(a) They imprison Despair in his own dungeon.
(b) Giant Despair runs away.
(c) They have not gone to Doubting Castle.
(d) The men kill the giant and destroy the castle.
5. Who helps Matthew?
(a) An angel.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Great Heart.
6. What giant does Great Heart defeat on the way up the hill?
7. With whom does the author have a conversation with to justify the second part of the book?
(a) With the book itself.
(b) With Interpreter.
(c) With a Shining One.
(d) With the author’s minister.
8. What is the relationship between Christian and Christiana?
(a) Christian is Christiana's uncle.
(b) They are married.
(c) Christiana is Christian's aunt.
(d) Christian is Christiana's brother.
9. What is Mercy’s secret hope?
(a) That she can marry Joshua.
(b) That she can save her soul.
(c) That Christian will be waiting for them.
(d) She has no secret hope.
10. Whom does Mr. Mnason know in the group?
(a) Great Heart.
(b) Feeble Minded.
(c) Ready to Halt.
11. Why does Matthew get sick at House Beautiful?
(a) He has bad tonsils.
(b) He is allergic to flour.
(c) From drinking bad water.
(d) From the fruit he ate from the forbidden trees.
12. What do the men do when they leave Mr. Mnason’s house?
(a) Go to the pub for a drink.
(b) Kill a monster on the outskirts of town.
(c) Scout out the area.
(d) Rescue a person in the dungeon.
13. With whom did Self-Will justify his own sins?
(a) People in the Koran.
(b) People in the Bible.
(c) People in the city.
(d) People in his hometown.
14. Who saves the group when they are threatened outside the Gatekeeper's house??
15. What happens first to the group at Doubting Castle?
(a) They are tortured.
(b) They are invited to join the giant for a meal.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They pass it by safely so nothing happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the beautiful room they are shown?
2. Who greets the group at the entrance to the Land of Beulah?
3. How do the people of Vanity feel about the group of pilgrims?
4. How does Matthew heal?
5. What do the people who stop the group as they leave the Gatekeeper’s house threaten?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)