|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Christian and Christiana?
(a) They are married.
(b) Christiana is Christian's aunt.
(c) Christian is Christiana's uncle.
(d) Christian is Christiana's brother.
2. What does Goodwill say to the group at the Wicket Gate?
(a) Everyone can enter.
(b) Only two can come inside that day, then two in the morning.
(c) They must hide behind him from the Devil’s arrows.
(d) He tells Mercy she is on probation.
3. What is in the beautiful room they are shown?
(a) A woman playing a harp.
(b) A man painting a religious picture.
(c) A spider.
4. What has happened to Sloth, Simple, and Presumption in Part 2?
(a) Nothing, they are still sleeping on the path.
(b) They have finally continued their journey.
(c) They have been hanged.
(d) They have gone home.
5. What are the group of pilgrims told they did wrong when they left the gatekeeper’s house?
(a) They should have gotten some weapons from the gatekeeper.
(b) They should not be dressed like pilgrims.
(c) They need a conductor.
(d) They should wait for full daylight.
6. Whom does the group meet after leaving the mountain in Part 2?
(a) Never Weary.
(b) Valiant For The Truth.
(d) Gentle Soul.
7. How does the group react to Honest’s story?
(a) It makes them feel angry.
(b) They have no reaction to it.
(c) It reassures them.
(d) It makes them more afraid.
8. Who saves the group when they are threatened outside the Gatekeeper's house??
9. What do the people who stop the group as they leave the Gatekeeper’s house threaten?
(a) To steal the group’s money.
(b) To beat and jail them.
(c) To sexually assault Mercy and Christiana.
(d) To keep them from the Celestial City.
10. What has changed at the House Beautiful since Christian was there?
(a) There is a locked front door.
(b) There are new gardens around the yard.
(c) There is an additional obstacle.
(d) There is an angel standing at the entrance.
11. What does Christiana have to treat illness when they leave House Beautiful?
(a) A waterskin filled with a potion.
(b) Holy Water.
(c) A box of pills.
(d) A sack of herbs.
12. Whom does Mr. Mnason’s daughter, Martha, marry?
(a) Great Heart.
13. What is the group of pilgrims first shown at the Interpreter’s house?
(a) The same images Christian was shown.
(b) How to use a sword.
(c) The clothing they need to wear.
(d) The Holy Scriptures.
14. What happens to Mercy at the Wicket Gate?
(a) She faints with worry.
(b) She is almost rejected.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
15. What does Mrs. Timorous say about Christiana’s plans to go on a pilgrimage?
(a) She is undecided about them.
(b) She has no opinion at all.
(c) She condemns them.
(d) She is enthusiastic about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Great Heart do as the group continues on its journey after the inn?
2. What does a man refuse in a scene the Interpreter shows the group?
3. Whom does Mr. Mnason know in the group?
4. Who greets the group at the entrance to the Land of Beulah?
5. What type of commemoration is erected on the hill the group climbs?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)