|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evangelist tell Christian he must do to save himself?
(a) He does not have to do anything, as he is already safe.
(b) He has to become a priest.
(c) He has to leave the City of Destruction.
(d) He must follow his wife’s instructions.
2. How do Christian and Hopeful keep awake on Enchanted Ground?
(b) Pouring water over their heads.
(c) Yelling at one another to surprise each other.
(d) Telling stories.
3. What does Christian ask Evangelist?
(a) If he is far off the path.
(b) If there is still hope for Christian.
(c) If Evangelist will still walk with him.
(d) If Christian can rest for the night.
4. Who protects Christian from the arrows of the Devil?
(a) Shining Knight.
(c) A dragon.
5. What happens to Ignorance as the three walk?
(a) Nothing happens to Ignorance.
(b) He begins to lag behind Christian and Hopeful.
(c) He runs ahead of Christian and Hopeful.
(d) He is dragged off by a wild beast.
6. What do the people of Vanity want to do with Christian and Faithful?
(a) Put them up in the town’s hotel.
(b) Get them to sing on stage.
(c) Invite them to a dance.
(d) Steal their clothing and possessions.
7. What is wrong with the giant named Pope?
(a) He is naked.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is starving.
8. What is at the spot on the mountain where Christian loses his burden of sin?
(a) A cross and a tomb.
(b) A baptismal fount.
(c) A small chapel.
(d) The angel Michael.
9. Whom do the shepherds tell Christian and Hopeful to ignore?
(a) The Silver Unicorn.
(b) No one.
(d) The Flatterer.
10. With what is Faithful charged in Vanity?
(a) Not paying the entrance tax to the city.
(b) Hitting a man in the face.
(c) Accusing the town of having a false religion.
(d) Meeting in secret with Christian by the gate.
11. What happens to Ignorance at the Celestial City?
(a) He has to take an exam about all the laws he followed.
(b) He is turned away.
(c) He is taken in because God forgives everyone who asks.
(d) He never makes it to the gates.
12. Why is Evangelist angry at Christian?
(a) Evangelist is not angry at Christian.
(b) Christian did not wait for Evangelist at the entrance to the town.
(c) Christian won’t go up the hill that Worldly Wiseman shows him.
(d) Christian left the path Evangelist showed him.
13. What is the name of the key Christian uses to escape the giant?
14. What are Sloth, Simple, and Presumption doing when Christian sees them?
(b) Listening to music.
(d) Playing cards.
15. What does Christian say about Talkative?
(a) Talkative is mentally ill and should be pitied because he is a compulsive talker.
(b) Talkative’s conversations about God are interesting.
(c) Talkative should not talk so much.
(d) Many people talk about religious principles without practicing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Christian and Hopeful enter when they leave Enchanted Ground?
2. What reason does the author give for writing The Pilgrim’s Progress?
3. What does Christian think about Lucre Hill?
4. Where do the shepherds tell Christian and Hopeful not to sleep?
5. What do the townspeople of Vanity first do to Christian and Faithful?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)