|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Formalist and Hypocrisy get on the mountain path?
(a) They came down the river.
(b) Through a hole in the fence.
(c) Through the Wicket Gate.
(d) By climbing a different hill.
2. Whom do Christian and Hopeful meet in the By Path Meadow?
(a) The Lion of Temperance.
(b) Vain Confidence.
(c) No one.
(d) The Lamb of God.
3. Where do the giant, Despair, and his wife live?
(a) Doubting Castle.
(b) Depression Gulley.
(c) Shadow Alley.
(d) Diffidence Hotel.
4. What do the shepherds say about the mountains in question 61?
(a) They are very safe.
(b) They are very near the Celestial City.
(c) They are very dangerous.
(d) They are a great place for goats.
5. What does the person who protects Christian from the Devil’s arrows tell Christian to do next?
(a) To return to his home and get his wife.
(b) To ignore Evangelist.
(c) Spend the night in the Wayfarer Inn.
(d) To go up the path on the mountain.
6. What do Christian and Hopeful do with Atheist?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They try to convert him.
(c) They sit and talk with him.
(d) They turn away from him.
7. Why was the Vanity Fair set up?
(a) To draw in tourists.
(b) To stop pilgrims on their way to Celestial City.
(c) To bring money into town.
(d) To keep the city entertained.
8. Why are Christian and Hopeful confused shortly after talking about Little Faith?
(a) They encounter a large group of people talking to them all at once.
(b) They encounter a village that should not be there.
(c) There is a cross road with four paths.
(d) There are two equally straight paths before them.
9. Who meets Christian and Hopeful on the other side of the river?
(b) Saint Peter.
(d) Shining Ones.
10. What do the women of the House Beautiful give Christian?
(a) A copy of the Bible.
(b) Supplies and equipment for his journey.
(d) A new pair of eyeglasses.
11. What very frightening place does Christian pass in the Valley of the Shadow of Death?
(a) The Mouth of Hell.
(b) The Door to the Devil’s Abode.
(c) Five different paths going in different directions.
(d) The den of the dragon.
12. What does Christian warn Ignorance?
(a) He will not be invited into the Celestial City.
(b) The silver unicorn is nearby.
(c) He still must pass the River of Death.
(d) He does not know the Bible well enough.
13. Why might the waters to cross be shallow for a pilgrim?
(a) The greater someone’s faith the more shallow the water.
(b) The height of the pilgrim makes a difference.
(c) It depends on the season when a pilgrim reaches the water.
(d) Fear can induce the waters to recede.
14. What does Christian accidentally leave at the arbor?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His silver cross.
(c) His roll.
(d) His canteen.
15. What does Christian ask Evangelist?
(a) If Evangelist will still walk with him.
(b) If there is still hope for Christian.
(c) If Christian can rest for the night.
(d) If he is far off the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Worldly Wiseman want Christian to meet?
2. How do Christian and Hopeful keep awake on Enchanted Ground?
3. What does Jesus pour on the Devil’s fire?
4. With what crime are Faithful and Christian charged by Vanity?
5. About what does Evangelist warn Faithful and Christian?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)