|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Pages 1 - 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the author give for writing The Pilgrim’s Progress?
(a) He wants to teach people about salvation.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He wants to make money.
(d) His mother has suggested he write it.
2. What does Christian call Heaven?
(a) The Celestial City.
(b) The Great Beyond.
(c) The Golden Village.
(d) God’s Abode.
3. What is the first thing Christian is shown after leaving the area of the Devil’s Castle?
(a) A set of robes.
(b) A portrait of a man.
(c) A woman playing a harp.
(d) The inside of a church.
4. What is at the spot on the mountain where Christian loses his burden of sin?
(a) The angel Michael.
(b) A small chapel.
(c) A cross and a tomb.
(d) A baptismal fount.
5. What are Sloth, Simple, and Presumption doing when Christian sees them?
(a) Playing cards.
(c) Listening to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Formalist and Hypocrisy get on the mountain path?
2. What does Christian’s family say when he tells them about his revelation?
3. Why is Evangelist angry at Christian?
4. What is the Slough of Despair comprised of?
5. Who protects Christian from the arrows of the Devil?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)