Part 1: Through Page 30
1. What reason does the author give for writing The Pilgrim’s Progress?
(a) He wants to teach people about salvation
(b) He is bored
(c) His mother has suggested he write it
(d) He wants to make money
2. Why does Bunyan use the allegorical approach in writing this book?
(a) In the hopes people will not be offended by the work
(b) So he can make up a lot of fake creatures
(c) In order to appear to be very religious
(d) He is not a fiction writer
3. What kind of revelation does Christian have?
(a) About death and hell
(b) About his wife’s current activities
(c) About a new invention
(d) How to keep his children safe
4. What does Christian’s family say when he tells them about his revelation?
(a) They are impressed
(b) They are dubious
(c) They are very enthusiastic
(d) They say he is crazy
5. What does Christian do to try and save himself?
(a) Asks his older brother to protect him
(b) Eats nutritional food
(c) Devotes himself to reading and prayer
(d) Decides to never leave his house
This section contains 5,213 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)