|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dorian want opium, according to Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To forget.
(b) To remember.
(c) For its social standing.
2. How much time passes during Chapter Eleven?
3. Who does Lord Henry mock in a discussion about the soul in Chapter Nineteen?
(b) A street preacher.
(d) Lord Fermor.
4. How does Basil advise Dorian about his influence over other youths?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) Use it for good.
(c) Let go of it.
(d) Refrain from using it.
5. Who is the hostess at the party in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Lady Narborough.
(c) Lord Fermor.
(d) Lord Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Fourteen, how does Dorian feel when he thinks about the events that occurred in Chapter Thirteen?
2. What occupation did Dorian assume the man who was shot had in Chapter Eighteen?
3. Who does Dorian send for after breakfast in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Dorian tell his friend in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What youth does Dorian find in Chapter Sixteen, whom he is said to have corrupted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Henry’s credo mean?
2. Explain the hypocrisy in Dorian’s attempt to reform himself.
3. What role does Alan Campbell play in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Basil wonder about Dorian in Chapter Twelve? Why?
5. What does the hare in Chapter Eighteen symbolize?
6. What is the turning point that occurs at the end of Chapter Eighteen? Why is this a turning point?
7. What moral can be taken from Dorian’s experiences in The Picture of Dorian Gray?
8. Why does Dorian burn Basil’s belongings in Chapter Fifteen?
9. Why does Basil call Dorian’s painting “an awful lesson?”
10. Why is Dorian so conflicted in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)