|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorian not want Lord Henry to loan to anyone, according to Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Lord Henry’s favor.
(b) The yellow book.
(d) Dorian’s favor.
2. Where does Dorian go at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) A dinner.
(c) On a walk.
(d) The theater.
3. How does Basil advise Dorian about his influence over other youths?
(a) Use it for good.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) Refrain from using it.
(d) Let go of it.
4. How much time passes between Chapter Sixteen and Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Ten years.
(b) An indeterminate amount of time.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
5. How long after the incident in Chapter Seventeen does Dorian go hunting?
(a) One day.
(b) A week.
(c) Three days.
(d) The time frame is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Narborough suggest is the root of Dorian’s problems in Chapter Fifteen?
2. Where is the body of the man who was accidentally shot being kept?
3. What do the colored bindings on Dorian’s book match, according to Chapter Eleven?
4. What is impossible for Dorian to do in Chapter Fifteen?
5. Who does Lord Henry mock in a discussion about the soul in Chapter Nineteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dorian’s obsession in Chapter Eighteen?
2. Why do people dismiss the stories of Dorian’s behavior in Chapter Eleven?
3. Why does Basil stop Dorian on the street at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
4. Why does Dorian see red paint on the hand of his likeness in the portrait at the end of Chapter Fourteen?
5. What does Lord Henry’s credo mean?
6. What does Dorian mean when he says he will show Basil his soul in Chapter Twelve?
7. Why does Dorian get angry with Basil in Chapter Thirteen?
8. What fears does Dorian have in regards to his painting, according to Chapter Eleven? What does this fear reflect?
9. In Chapter Nineteen what evidence does Dorian give Lord Henry of his desire to reform himself?
10. Why does Dorian have multiple copies of the yellow book made?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)