|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dorian wake up in Chapter Eight?
(a) After noon.
(b) Around nine.
(c) Before dawn.
2. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter Five?
(a) Lord Henry’s home.
(b) Dorian's home.
(c) Basil’s home.
(d) Sibyl’s home.
3. What does Basil do while Lord Henry and Dorian talk in Chapter Two?
(a) Finish the portrait.
(b) Make tea.
(c) Dress for dinner.
(d) Play the piano.
4. Where did Basil meet Dorian?
(a) At university.
(b) On holiday.
(c) Through Lord Henry.
(d) At a party.
5. What career path does Sibyl suggest for James?
(a) Carriage driver.
(c) Sheep farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes an announcement at the beginning of Chapter Six?
2. What color is the book Dorian reads in Chapter Ten?
3. In what historical period does The Picture of Dorian Gray take place?
4. What is Dorian’s housekeeper’s name, according to Chapter Ten?
5. What is Sibyl’s nickname for Dorian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dorian hide the painting from Basil?
2. Why does Dorian see a faint sneer on his portrait at the end of Chapter Seven?
3. Why is Basil reluctant to introduce Dorian and Lord Henry?
4. Why is Dorian intrigued by Lord Henry in Chapter Two?
5. How does Dorian deal with his emotion about Sibyl’s death at the end of Chapter Ten?
6. What does Lord Henry think of the story of Dorian’s past?
7. How does Dorian end up with the portrait at the end of Chapter Two?
8. What does Basil think of the change in Dorian, according to Chapter Nine?
9. How does Lord Henry defend his point of view at the end of Chapter Six?
10. How does Lord Henry believe one’s life should be spent, according to Chapter Three? Who is he targeting with these comments?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)