|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Sibyl play that led to Dorian’s proposal?
2. What plans does Dorian abandon at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) Visiting Basil.
(b) Singing for Lady Agatha.
(c) Visiting his mother.
(d) Going to the theater.
3. What is Dorian’s servant’s name, according to Chapter Ten?
4. What does Dorian ask Basil to do in Chapter Nine?
(a) Let Dorian move into his house.
(b) A new portrait.
(c) A drawing of Sibyl.
(d) To leave.
5. What is Dorian’s news at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) He has joined the church.
(b) He has given up his worldly possessions.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He is the heir to a fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career path does Sibyl suggest for James?
2. Who does Lord Henry visit at the beginning of Chapter Three?
3. What is Dorian’s topic of conversation at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
4. What does Dorian stop Basil from doing at the end of Chapter Two?
5. What does Lord Henry mock at dinner in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Dorian in the slums in Chapter Four?
2. What decision does Dorian make in his life as a result of Sibyl’s suicide?
3. Why does Dorian see a faint sneer on his portrait at the end of Chapter Seven?
4. How does Dorian react when Basil offers his condolences about Sibyl’s death?
5. Why does the portrait of Dorian make him unhappy?
6. Why does Dorian hide the painting from Basil?
7. Why does Basil not want to exhibit the portrait of Dorian, according to Chapter One?
8. How does Dorian deal with his emotion about Sibyl’s death at the end of Chapter Ten?
9. What is the Preface about?
10. Why is Dorian’s past considered dark?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)