|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dorian wake up in Chapter Eight?
(a) Before dawn.
(b) After noon.
(c) Around nine.
2. Who does Lord Henry visit at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(b) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lord Fermor.
3. What does Basil say about Dorian’s marriage at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) He does not comment on the marriage.
(b) He will support it.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He will attend the wedding.
4. What does Lord Henry mock at dinner in Chapter Three?
(a) Dorian’s naivety.
(b) The London theater.
(c) His aunt’s philanthropy.
(d) Basil’s fascination with Dorian.
5. What is Dorian’s servant’s name, according to Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dorian, Basil, and Lord Henry go at the end of Chapter Six?
2. What material is the cover that hides Dorian’s portrait in Chapter Ten?
3. What news about Dorian is shared at the end of Chapter Four?
4. What does Dorian devote himself to in Chapter Eight?
5. What plans does Dorian abandon at the end of Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lord Henry defend his point of view at the end of Chapter Six?
2. Why is Dorian’s past considered dark?
3. How does Lord Henry believe one’s life should be spent, according to Chapter Three? Who is he targeting with these comments?
4. Why is Basil reluctant to introduce Dorian and Lord Henry?
5. What decision does Dorian make in his life as a result of Sibyl’s suicide?
6. What reaction does Dorian have to the yellow book? What does the yellow book signify?
7. What does Lord Henry muse over at the end of Chapter Four?
8. Why does Lord Henry not pass judgment on Dorian’s engagement?
9. What pledges do James and Sibyl each make at the end of Chapter Five?
10. Why is Dorian intrigued by Lord Henry in Chapter Two?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)