|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dorian meet Sibyl?
(a) The London slums.
(b) In Bristol.
(c) At a dinner party.
2. What is praised in the Preface?
3. What does James learn about his parents at the end of Chapter Five?
(a) They divorced.
(b) Mrs. Vane killed Mr. Vane.
(c) They were never married.
(d) They were children when they were married.
4. Who is the author of The Picture of Dorian Gray?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Pablo Neruda.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. Who introduced Dorian to Sibyl?
(b) A playhouse owner.
(c) Lord Henry.
(d) Mrs. Vane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dorian agree to go with Lord Henry in Chapter Eight?
2. Who is Dorian speaking with at the beginning of Chapter Four?
3. What does Dorian devote himself to in Chapter Eight?
4. What does Dorian stop Basil from doing at the end of Chapter Two?
5. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Dorian decide he will do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction does Dorian have to the yellow book? What does the yellow book signify?
2. How does Lord Henry defend his point of view at the end of Chapter Six?
3. Why is Basil reluctant to introduce Dorian and Lord Henry?
4. What is the Preface about?
5. What drew Dorian to Sibyl?
6. Why does Dorian hide the painting from Basil?
7. How does Dorian react when Basil offers his condolences about Sibyl’s death?
8. Why is Dorian intrigued by Lord Henry in Chapter Two?
9. What does Lord Henry muse over at the end of Chapter Four?
10. Why does Basil not want to exhibit the portrait of Dorian, according to Chapter One?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)