|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dorian’s servant’s name, according to Chapter Ten?
2. What accompanies the book Dorian reads in Chapter Ten?
(a) A bookmark.
(b) A pressed clover.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
3. From whom did Lord Henry first hear Dorian’s name?
(a) From Dorian himself.
(b) Lord Fermor.
(c) Lady Agatha.
4. What is the relationship between James and Sibyl?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) They were once engaged.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. Who makes an announcement at the beginning of Chapter Six?
(c) Lord Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basil do while Lord Henry and Dorian talk in Chapter Two?
2. What does Lord Henry ask about in Chapter Three?
3. Who introduced Dorian to Sibyl?
4. What does Dorian think of the book, according to the end of Chapter Ten?
5. Who arrives at the end of Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Dorian in the slums in Chapter Four?
2. Why does the portrait of Dorian make him unhappy?
3. Why is Dorian’s past considered dark?
4. How does Dorian react when Basil offers his condolences about Sibyl’s death?
5. What pledges do James and Sibyl each make at the end of Chapter Five?
6. What does Lord Henry think of the story of Dorian’s past?
7. Why is Dorian heartbroken at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
8. How does Lord Henry want Dorian to see Sibyl’s death?
9. What does Basil think of the change in Dorian, according to Chapter Nine?
10. Why is Basil reluctant to introduce Dorian and Lord Henry?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)