|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dorian plan to hold a party, according to Chapter Fifteen?
(b) His country estate.
(c) His summer home.
(d) Basil’s estate.
2. Where does Dorian decide to go at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
(a) The Vane home.
(b) To Lord Henry’s estate.
(c) He stays home.
(d) The theater.
3. Whose face does Dorian see pressed against the window in Chapter Seventeen?
(d) Lord Henry’s.
4. Why does Dorian ask about the man who was accidentally shot in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) He is afraid the man was Basil.
(b) He thinks the man was hired to steal his portrait.
(c) To make provisions for his family.
(d) He wants to send his condolences to the man’s wife.
5. How does Dorian appear as time passes during Chapter Eleven?
(a) The same.
6. What governs Dorian’s behavior, according to the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
(a) Lord Henry.
(b) His love of Sibyl.
(c) His guilt.
(d) The “yellow book.”
7. What of Dorian’s does Basil say he wants to see, according to Chapter Twelve?
(a) His soul.
(b) His diary.
(c) His portrait.
(d) His bedchamber.
8. What does Dorian insist about the soul in his discussion with Lord Henry in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) That it can be seen.
(b) That it is real.
(c) That it can be taken.
(d) That it carries weight in the heart.
9. According to Chapter Thirteen, what did Dorian pledge his soul in exchange for?
10. Why does Basil say he wanted to speak to Dorian before leaving?
(a) To tell him Sibyl has committed suicide.
(b) To warn him.
(c) To ask him to dinner.
(d) To ask him to accompany Basil on his trip.
11. What happens on the hunting trip in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A man is accidentally shot and killed.
(b) Dorian sees a wolf.
(c) Dorian is accidentally shot.
(d) There is a terrible storm.
12. What does Dorian say he wants to do at the beginning of Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Get married.
(c) Travel to Australia.
(d) Reform himself.
13. Who does Lord Henry mock in a discussion about the soul in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) A street preacher.
(c) Lord Fermor.
14. Who does Lord Basil tease Dorian about in Chapter Eighteen?
(c) The duchess.
15. What does Dorian hope to see at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) The love Mrs. Vane had for Sibyl.
(b) A change in the painting.
(c) A true friendship between himself and Lord Henry.
(d) The answers to his questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorian visit at the beginning of Chapter Nineteen?
2. What does Lady Narborough suggest is the root of Dorian’s problems in Chapter Fifteen?
3. How does Dorian react to Basil’s request?
4. What does Dorian do to Basil in Chapter Thirteen?
5. What source of light is used to show Basil the portrait?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)