|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Thirteen, Basil recognizes the portrait based on his signature and _____.
(d) Color palette.
2. How much time passes between Chapter Sixteen and Chapter Seventeen?
(a) A week.
(b) Ten years.
(c) An indeterminate amount of time.
(d) A month.
3. According to Chapter Thirteen, what did Dorian pledge his soul in exchange for?
4. What is impossible for Dorian to do in Chapter Fifteen?
5. Who hears a noise at the end of Chapter Twenty?
(a) Dorian’s servants.
(b) Lord Henry.
(c) Mrs. Vane.
6. When does Chapter Fourteen begin in relation to Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Several hours later.
(b) An indeterminate amount of time.
(c) The next morning.
(d) A week or so later.
7. Who follows Dorian into the street in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Lord Henry.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A sailor.
8. Who does Dorian have breakfast with at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
(c) Lord Henry.
(d) The duchess.
9. What is the focus of Dorian’s study, according to Chapter Eleven?
(a) The yellow book.
(b) Lord Henry.
(c) Beautiful things.
(d) Art and music.
10. How does Dorian appear as time passes during Chapter Eleven?
(a) The same.
11. What does Basil want Dorian to do, according to Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Beg for forgiveness.
(b) Destroy the painting.
(c) Reconcile with Sibyl.
(d) Exile himself.
12. According to Chapter Fourteen, how does Dorian feel when he thinks about the events that occurred in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Hatred toward Basil.
(b) Pride over Sibyl.
(c) Remorse over Sibyl.
(d) Fear about Lord Henry.
13. What happens when Dorian excuses himself from the conversation in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Lord Henry hits him.
(b) A storm suddenly appears.
(c) He swoons.
(d) Sibyl approaches him.
14. What does Dorian actually see at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) No change in the painting.
(b) The spirit of Sibyl.
(c) Lord Henry’s wife.
(d) More questions.
15. What do the ladies discuss in Chapter Fifteen before they leave the gentlemen to talk?
(d) Lady Agatha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorian tell Lord Henry about what happens on the hunting trip?
2. What happens on the hunting trip in Chapter Eighteen?
3. What occupation did Dorian assume the man who was shot had in Chapter Eighteen?
4. What does Dorian feel when he looks at his portrait in Chapter Thirteen?
5. What occupation does Dorian discover the man who was accidentally shot had?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)