|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the body of the man who was accidentally shot being kept?
(a) The local doctor’s office.
(b) A farm.
(c) A church.
(d) The basement.
2. What idea does Dorian entertain in Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Sailing away on a yacht.
(c) Moving to the Americas.
(d) Following Basil to Paris.
3. What happens to Dorian’s portrait during Chapter Eleven?
(a) It does not change.
(b) It begins to look more beautiful.
(c) Dorian refuses to look at it, so this is not known.
(d) It deteriorates.
4. How does a woman address Dorian as he prepares to leave an opium den in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) The Muse.
(b) Damned Dorian.
(c) Prince Charming.
(d) The Youth.
5. How does Basil advise Dorian about his influence over other youths?
(a) Use it for good.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) Let go of it.
(d) Refrain from using it.
6. What does Basil want Dorian to do, according to Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Reconcile with Sibyl.
(b) Beg for forgiveness.
(c) Destroy the painting.
(d) Exile himself.
7. Who does Dorian run into at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(c) Lord Henry.
8. Who does Lord Henry mock in a discussion about the soul in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Lord Fermor.
(b) A street preacher.
9. Whose face does Dorian see pressed against the window in Chapter Seventeen?
(b) Lord Henry’s.
10. According to Lord Henry in Chapter Nineteen, what would spoil Dorian’s life?
(a) Being virtuous.
(b) Asking God’s forgiveness.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Forgiving himself.
11. Where does Dorian go at the end of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The opera house.
(b) Basil's estate.
(c) Lord Henry’s country estate.
(d) Opium dens.
12. How much time passes between Chapter Sixteen and Chapter Seventeen?
(a) An indeterminate amount of time.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
13. Where does Dorian plan to hold a party, according to Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Basil’s estate.
(b) His country estate.
(d) His summer home.
14. When does Chapter Fourteen begin in relation to Chapter Thirteen?
(a) A week or so later.
(b) The next morning.
(c) An indeterminate amount of time.
(d) Several hours later.
15. What governs Dorian’s behavior, according to the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
(a) His guilt.
(b) The “yellow book.”
(c) His love of Sibyl.
(d) Lord Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Dorian discover the man who was accidentally shot had?
2. How does Dorian appear as time passes during Chapter Eleven?
3. How does Dorian react to Basil’s request?
4. What does Dorian tell his friend in Chapter Fourteen?
5. When does Dorian dress at the end of Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)