|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the colored bindings on Dorian’s book match, according to Chapter Eleven?
(a) His dinner jackets.
(b) His shoes.
(c) The rooms in his home.
(d) His shifting moods.
2. Who does Dorian use to create an alibi at the end of Chapter Thirteen?
(b) His servant.
(c) Lord Henry.
3. What does Dorian not want Lord Henry to loan to anyone, according to Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Dorian’s favor.
(b) The yellow book.
(c) Lord Henry’s favor.
4. What is the occupation of the man Dorian sends for in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What source of light is used to show Basil the portrait?
(a) An oil lamp.
(b) An electric lamp.
(c) The sun.
(d) A candle.
6. What does Dorian do to the portrait in Chapter Twenty?
(a) He stabs it.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He moves it to a monastery.
(d) He gives it to Lord Henry.
7. What knowledge does Dorian’s friend have that Dorian needs, according to Chapter Fourteen?
8. What does Lady Narborough suggest is the root of Dorian’s problems in Chapter Fifteen?
9. Why does the man follow Dorian into the street in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To get his poker winnings.
(b) To avenge the death of Sibyl.
(c) To see his portrait.
(d) To beg forgiveness.
10. What is the smell in the upper room of Dorian’s house at the end of Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Nitric acid.
11. How does Dorian appear as time passes during Chapter Eleven?
(c) The same.
12. What does Dorian tell Lord Henry about what happens on the hunting trip?
(a) It is a symbol of Sibyl’s love.
(b) It could not have been an accident.
(c) It is a good omen.
(d) It is a bad omen.
13. How does Lord Henry praise Dorian’s life in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) As being “wholly hedonistic.”
(b) As being “exquisite.”
(c) As being a true representation of the artistic life.
(d) As being “pure.”
14. Why does Lord Henry think Dorian could not have murdered Basil?
(a) He thinks murder is too vulgar for a man like Dorian.
(b) He does not think Basil is dead.
(c) He thinks Dorian lacks the detachment needed to murder.
(d) He thinks Dorian loved Basil too much to kill him.
15. How much time passes during Chapter Eleven?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorian react to Basil’s request?
2. How much time passes between Chapter Sixteen and Chapter Seventeen?
3. What happens on the hunting trip in Chapter Eighteen?
4. What does Dorian feel when he looks at his portrait in Chapter Thirteen?
5. How does Lord Henry react to what Dorian says about the incident on the hunting trip?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)