|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on the hunting trip in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Dorian is accidentally shot.
(b) A man is accidentally shot and killed.
(c) There is a terrible storm.
(d) Dorian sees a wolf.
2. How does Lord Henry praise Dorian’s life in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) As being “wholly hedonistic.”
(b) As being a true representation of the artistic life.
(c) As being “pure.”
(d) As being “exquisite.”
3. Who does Lord Basil tease Dorian about in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) The duchess.
4. What does Dorian actually see at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) More questions.
(b) The spirit of Sibyl.
(c) Lord Henry’s wife.
(d) No change in the painting.
5. Who hears a noise at the end of Chapter Twenty?
(a) Mrs. Vane.
(c) Lord Henry.
(d) Dorian’s servants.
6. What does Dorian offer to show Basil, according to the end of Chapter Twelve?
(b) The portrait.
(c) A hidden room in his home.
(d) The diary of his life.
7. What is the occupation of the man Dorian sends for in Chapter Fourteen?
8. What does Dorian do at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) He sells his worldly possessions.
(b) He looks at the painting.
(c) He visits Lord Henry.
(d) He asks Mrs. Vane’s forgiveness for Sibyl’s death.
9. When does Dorian dress at the end of Chapter Fifteen?
(b) Sometime around noon.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Seven in the evening.
10. How long after the incident in Chapter Seventeen does Dorian go hunting?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) The time frame is not given.
(d) One day.
11. According to Chapter Thirteen, what did Dorian pledge his soul in exchange for?
12. How old is Dorian going to be on his birthday, according to the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
13. What does Dorian do to Basil in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Throw him out of his house.
(b) Laugh at him.
(c) End their friendship.
(d) Kill him.
14. Who does Dorian visit at the beginning of Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Lord Henry.
(b) Mrs. Vane.
(c) The duchess.
15. How does Dorian appear at the end of the story?
(a) He cannot be found.
(b) As a pile of burned bones.
(c) As a horribly wrinkled and disfigured old man.
(d) The same has he did throughout the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorian get Alan to do what he wants in Chapter Fourteen?
2. What knowledge does Dorian’s friend have that Dorian needs, according to Chapter Fourteen?
3. What does Dorian tell his friend in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Dorian feel when he looks at his portrait in Chapter Thirteen?
5. What does Lady Narborough suggest is the root of Dorian’s problems in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)