|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter Four begin in relation to Chapter Three?
(a) A month later.
(b) A month earlier.
(c) An unspecified amount of time later.
(d) A week later.
2. How does Dorian react to Sibyl’s performance in Chapter Seven?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He falls deeper in love.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. Who visits Dorian at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
(a) Mrs. Vane.
(b) Lord Henry.
4. What was Basil’s emotion upon first meeting Dorian?
(a) He was fascinated.
(b) He was terrified.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He fell in love.
5. What does Sibyl say is the cause of her performance in Chapter Seven?
(a) The playhouse owner.
(b) She has an illness.
6. Where does Dorian agree to go with Lord Henry in Chapter Eight?
(a) His home.
(b) The opera.
(d) The theater.
7. What does Dorian devote himself to in Chapter Eight?
(c) A life of virtue.
(d) The church.
8. Why is James reluctant to leave his family?
(a) He knows they will spend money poorly.
(b) He does not want to go to war.
(c) He fears Sibyl will try to follow him.
(d) He is worried about Sibyl.
9. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter Five?
(a) Sibyl’s home.
(b) Basil’s home.
(c) Dorian's home.
(d) Lord Henry’s home.
10. What is Basil’s occupation?
(d) It is not revealed.
11. What emotion does Dorian have at the end of Chapter Seven?
12. Who tells the story of Dorian’s engagement in Chapter Six?
(a) Lord Henry.
(d) No one.
13. What career path does Sibyl suggest for James?
(c) Sheep farmer.
(d) Carriage driver.
14. What is Sibyl’s occupation?
(d) Washer woman.
15. What does Basil want to do with the portrait of Dorian?
(a) Sell it to a collector.
(b) Hang it in his own home.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Show it at exhibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news about Dorian is shared at the end of Chapter Four?
2. What plans does Dorian abandon at the end of Chapter Three?
3. What philosophy does Lord Henry discuss at dinner in Chapter Three?
4. Whose home is the setting of the beginning of Chapter One?
5. Who arrives at the end of Chapter One?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)