|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorian think of the book, according to the end of Chapter Ten?
(a) He thinks it is fascinating.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He is unsure of what it means.
2. What was Basil’s emotion upon first meeting Dorian?
(a) He was fascinated.
(b) He was terrified.
(c) He fell in love.
(d) He was angry.
3. What does James learn about his parents at the end of Chapter Five?
(a) They were never married.
(b) Mrs. Vane killed Mr. Vane.
(c) They were children when they were married.
(d) They divorced.
4. What decision does Sibyl make in Chapter Seven?
(a) To follow James to Australia.
(b) To break off the engagement.
(c) To elope with Dorian.
(d) To quit her acting career.
5. What does Basil say about Dorian’s marriage at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) He will support it.
(b) He is against it.
(c) He does not comment on the marriage.
(d) He will attend the wedding.
6. What does Dorian ask Basil to do in Chapter Nine?
(a) A new portrait.
(b) To leave.
(c) Let Dorian move into his house.
(d) A drawing of Sibyl.
7. Who does Lord Henry visit after learning more about Dorian?
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lord Fermor.
8. What is praised in the Preface?
9. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter Five?
(a) Lord Henry’s home.
(b) Basil’s home.
(c) Sibyl’s home.
(d) Dorian's home.
10. When does Chapter Four begin in relation to Chapter Three?
(a) A week later.
(b) A month later.
(c) A month earlier.
(d) An unspecified amount of time later.
11. What role did Sibyl play that led to Dorian’s proposal?
12. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Dorian decide he will do the next day?
(a) Move in with Lord Henry.
(b) Break off his engagement with Sibyl.
(c) Move to the country.
(d) Make amends with Sibyl.
13. What material is the cover that hides Dorian’s portrait in Chapter Ten?
14. What news does Dorian receive at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) Sibyl has eloped with an actor.
(b) Sibyl has committed suicide.
(c) James has died in Australia.
(d) Lord Henry has been injured in a fight.
15. Where did Dorian meet Sibyl?
(a) In Bristol.
(b) At a dinner party.
(c) The London slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basil do while Lord Henry and Dorian talk in Chapter Two?
2. Where did Basil meet Dorian?
3. How is Sibyl’s performance in Chapter Seven?
4. When does Dorian wake up in Chapter Eight?
5. What does Lord Henry mock at dinner in Chapter Three?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)