|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Henry mock at dinner in Chapter Three?
(a) Basil’s fascination with Dorian.
(b) His aunt’s philanthropy.
(c) Dorian’s naivety.
(d) The London theater.
2. How old is Dorian going to be on his birthday, according to the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
3. What does Dorian do when he sees the portrait?
(a) He takes it.
(b) He refuses to look at it.
(c) He curses it.
(d) He covers it.
4. Why does Lord Henry become more fascinated by Dorian in Chapter Three?
(a) Because of Dorian’s past.
(b) Because of Dorian’s conversational skills.
(c) Because of Basil’s portrait.
(d) Because of Lord Fermor’s experiences with Dorian.
5. How does a woman address Dorian as he prepares to leave an opium den in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) The Muse.
(b) Damned Dorian.
(c) The Youth.
(d) Prince Charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Dorian’s conversation at the beginning of Chapter Four?
2. Where did Dorian meet Sibyl?
3. Why does Dorian want opium, according to Chapter Sixteen?
4. Who does Dorian have breakfast with at the beginning of Chapter Eighteen?
5. How does Lord Henry react to Dorian’s comments about his philosophy?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)