|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Dorian make in Chapter Seven?
(a) To elope with Sibyl.
(b) To buy a house for Mrs. Vane.
(c) To follow James to Australia.
(d) To break off the engagement.
2. What is the relationship between James and Sibyl?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) They were once engaged.
(d) Father and daughter.
3. How many men does Dorian tell his servant to bring back at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
(a) As many as can be spared.
4. What does Basil do while Lord Henry and Dorian talk in Chapter Two?
(a) Make tea.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Dress for dinner.
(d) Finish the portrait.
5. Who gave Dorian the book he reads in Chapter Ten?
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) The local parish priest.
(d) Lord Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sibyl see while she talks to James?
2. Who visits Dorian at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
3. What does Dorian’s love of Sibyl teach him about Lord Henry’s philosophy, according to Chapter Six?
4. What accompanies the book Dorian reads in Chapter Ten?
5. What decision does Sibyl make in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)