|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the format of the Preface to The Picture of Dorian Gray?
(b) A letter.
2. Where is Sibyl’s social standing in comparison to Dorian’s?
(a) This is not revealed in the story.
(b) They are social equals.
(c) Beneath him.
(d) Above him.
3. What does Lord Henry mock at dinner in Chapter Three?
(a) Dorian’s naivety.
(b) Basil’s fascination with Dorian.
(c) His aunt’s philanthropy.
(d) The London theater.
4. Who arrives at the end of Chapter One?
(b) Lord Fermor.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Sibyl Vane.
5. Where is James preparing to go in Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dorian, Basil, and Lord Henry go at the end of Chapter Six?
2. What is Sibyl’s occupation?
3. What does Dorian stop Basil from doing at the end of Chapter Two?
4. What does Dorian do when he sees the portrait?
5. What is Dorian’s news at the beginning of Chapter Four?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)