|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophy does Lord Henry discuss at dinner in Chapter Three?
(d) Freud’s psychology.
2. In what historical period does The Picture of Dorian Gray take place?
(a) The Victorian Age.
(b) The Industrial Age.
(c) The Elizabethan Era.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. Why does Basil refuse to do what Lord Henry wants him to do?
(a) He thinks Dorian is too immoral to be captured on canvas.
(b) He does not do portraits of friends.
(c) He fears a self-portrait would show his true, ugly self.
(d) He says the painting shows too much of himself.
4. Who does Lord Henry visit after learning more about Dorian?
(b) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lord Fermor.
5. Where did Dorian meet Sibyl?
(b) In Bristol.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) The London slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basil do while Lord Henry and Dorian talk in Chapter Two?
2. Whose home is the setting of the beginning of Chapter One?
3. Why does Lord Henry become more fascinated by Dorian in Chapter Three?
4. What is praised in the Preface?
5. What does Dorian stop Basil from doing at the end of Chapter Two?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)