|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Picture of Dorian Gray?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Pablo Neruda.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. Who introduced Dorian to Sibyl?
(b) A playhouse owner.
(c) Lord Henry.
(d) Mrs. Vane.
3. What does Dorian stop Basil from doing at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) Destroying the portrait.
(b) Painting over the portrait.
(c) Giving the portrait to Lord Henry.
(d) Selling the portrait.
4. Where is Sibyl’s social standing in comparison to Dorian’s?
(a) Beneath him.
(b) They are social equals.
(c) This is not revealed in the story.
(d) Above him.
5. Who does Lord Henry visit after learning more about Dorian?
(a) Lord Fermor.
(c) Lady Agatha.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what historical period does The Picture of Dorian Gray take place?
2. Why does Basil refuse to do what Lord Henry wants him to do?
3. Who is Dorian speaking with at the beginning of Chapter Four?
4. Why does Lord Henry become more fascinated by Dorian in Chapter Three?
5. Where is James preparing to go in Chapter Five?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)