|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost as much fun for Andy as grocery shopping is what?
2. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
3. What do the two discuss?
4. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
5. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does B talk?
2. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
3. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
4. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
5. Over what do Andy and B argue?
6. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
7. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
8. Why does Andy have B order room service?
9. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
10. Of what is this chapter comprised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)