|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arriving at Macy's, by what are Andy and B overwhelmed?
2. What does the trio discuss about the race car drivers?
3. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
4. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
5. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does B ask about how to adopt good habits?
2. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
3. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
4. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
5. Why does Andy wish he could sleep in the lobby?
6. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
7. About what does B talk?
8. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
9. Why does Andy have B order room service?
10. How does Andy believe people should live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol is popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
Part 1) How has he become popular? What has he done to make himself popular?
Part 2) How do his beliefs and opinions affect his popularity?
Part 3) Does he enjoy his popularity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol loves work above all other things.
Part 1) How do you know he loves work above all other things?
Part 2) What are his work habits? What do they reveal about Andy? How do they support and/or contradict his philosophies?
Part 3) How is his desire to work reflected in his personal and professional life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has emotional issues surrounding sex.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion of sex? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does it reiterate his lack of attachment to others? How might his opinion of sex affect his work?
Part 3) Why does he express this opinion? How do aspects of this opinion contradict themselves? What are your thoughts on his views on sex? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)