|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
2. Why is this character flustered?
3. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
4. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
5. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
2. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
3. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
4. Why does B ask about how to adopt good habits?
5. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
6. What might this chapter symbolize?
7. How does Andy believe people should live?
8. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
9. Why does Andy not allow his bag to be taken from him at the grocery?
10. About what does B talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol loves work above all other things.
Part 1) How do you know he loves work above all other things?
Part 2) What are his work habits? What do they reveal about Andy? How do they support and/or contradict his philosophies?
Part 3) How is his desire to work reflected in his personal and professional life?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol meets many celebrities.
Part 1) Name four of these celebrities. How does he act around them? Why does he act this way?
Part 2) How does his behavior around celebrities reinforce his beliefs about fame?
Part 3) Does the way he act around celebrities reflect how he feels about them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)