|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
2. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
3. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
4. Andy and B spot a number of celebrities in the hotel, including who?
5. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
2. Over what do Andy and B argue?
3. What do Andy and B say about socks?
4. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
5. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
6. How does Andy's opinion of death compare to others?
7. Of what is this chapter comprised?
8. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
9. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
10. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol studies the concept of time.
Part 1) What does Andy ponder about the concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he muse about these aspects of time? How does his personality guide these musings?
Part 3) What does Andy do with these musings? How do these concepts of time change his life?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol believes he understands why some people he knows, including himself, still act like babies.
Part 1) Why does he believe people still act like babies? Is this good or bad? Explain.
Part 2) Why does he believe he is still a "mama's boy?" How might he have come to this belief? Is there any validity to these beliefs? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is this section included in this book? What does this reveal about Andy and his art?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)