|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Andy and B argue?
2. Would Andy like to seem more human and average?
3. These from number 117 are proof of what?
4. Why is this character flustered?
5. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
2. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
3. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
4. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
5. How does Andy prefer to carry cash?
6. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
7. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
8. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
9. Why does Andy have B order room service?
10. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol believes he understands why some people he knows, including himself, still act like babies.
Part 1) Why does he believe people still act like babies? Is this good or bad? Explain.
Part 2) Why does he believe he is still a "mama's boy?" How might he have come to this belief? Is there any validity to these beliefs? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is this section included in this book? What does this reveal about Andy and his art?
Essay Topic 3
B has a one-sided conversation with Andy Warhol.
Part 1) Describe this conversation. Why does Andy allow this?
Part 2) How can Andy relate to this female B?
Part 3) What is the reason for including this chapter in this book? What does it reveal about Andy? how does it support his philosophies?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)