|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy and B spot a number of celebrities in the hotel, including who?
2. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
3. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
4. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
5. About what is this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might this chapter symbolize?
2. What does Andy think about pennies?
3. Of what is this chapter comprised?
4. How does Andy believe people should live?
5. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
6. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
7. Why does Andy have B order room service?
8. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
9. About what does B talk?
10. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol believes he understands why some people he knows, including himself, still act like babies.
Part 1) Why does he believe people still act like babies? Is this good or bad? Explain.
Part 2) Why does he believe he is still a "mama's boy?" How might he have come to this belief? Is there any validity to these beliefs? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is this section included in this book? What does this reveal about Andy and his art?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has emotional issues surrounding sex.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion of sex? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does it reiterate his lack of attachment to others? How might his opinion of sex affect his work?
Part 3) Why does he express this opinion? How do aspects of this opinion contradict themselves? What are your thoughts on his views on sex? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has definite ideas on beauty.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion on beauty? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does this affect his work and, indirectly, affect others?
Part 3) Is this opinion surprising to you? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is your own opinion of beauty? How does it compare to Andy's?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)