|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should one ever complain about a situation while the situation is still going on?
2. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
3. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
4. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
5. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over what do Andy and B argue?
2. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
3. What do Andy and B say about socks?
4. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
5. About what does B talk?
6. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
7. What does Andy think about pennies?
8. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
9. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
10. How does Andy prefer to carry cash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has definite ideas on beauty.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion on beauty? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does this affect his work and, indirectly, affect others?
Part 3) Is this opinion surprising to you? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is your own opinion of beauty? How does it compare to Andy's?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)