|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
2. Why should supermarkets do this?
3. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
4. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
5. What do B and Andy discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
2. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
3. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
4. What might this chapter symbolize?
5. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
6. Why does Andy not allow his bag to be taken from him at the grocery?
7. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
8. Why does Andy wish he could sleep in the lobby?
9. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
10. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol believes he understands why some people he knows, including himself, still act like babies.
Part 1) Why does he believe people still act like babies? Is this good or bad? Explain.
Part 2) Why does he believe he is still a "mama's boy?" How might he have come to this belief? Is there any validity to these beliefs? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is this section included in this book? What does this reveal about Andy and his art?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol studies the concept of time.
Part 1) What does Andy ponder about the concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he muse about these aspects of time? How does his personality guide these musings?
Part 3) What does Andy do with these musings? How do these concepts of time change his life?
Essay Topic 3
Fame has drawbacks and advantages.
Part 1) What are the drawbacks of fame? What are the advantages of fame? How does Andy explain this in his own life?
Part 2) Which is more powerful for Andy, the drawbacks or advantages? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does Andy act when he sees other celebrities? Why does he act this way? How does his behavior compare to how you might act around celebrities? Why?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)