|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
2. Today, the target of Andy's consumption habits is what?
3. After it's over, what should one do?
4. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
5. What does Andy feel about change?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy prefer to carry cash?
2. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
3. Why does B ask about how to adopt good habits?
4. Why does Andy wish he could sleep in the lobby?
5. Who does Andy admire? Why?
6. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
7. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
8. How does Andy believe people should live?
9. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
10. What do Andy and B say about socks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol is popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
Part 1) How has he become popular? What has he done to make himself popular?
Part 2) How do his beliefs and opinions affect his popularity?
Part 3) Does he enjoy his popularity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
Essay Topic 3
A bowl of cherries is symbolic.
Part 1) How is a bowl of cherries symbolic?
Part 2) How does Andy react to seeing a bowl of cherries? Why does he react this way?
Part 3) What is the purpose for having this bowl of cherries in the chapter? How does it affect the chapter or the book as a whole?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)