|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Andy and B argue?
2. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
3. What is annoying Andy about his room?
4. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
5. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
2. How does Andy believe people should live?
3. Who does Andy admire? Why?
4. What might this chapter symbolize?
5. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
6. About what does B talk?
7. Why does Andy not allow his bag to be taken from him at the grocery?
8. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
9. What is said about Andy's phone conversations?
10. What do Andy and B say about socks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol has three fundamental philosophies.
Part 1) What are his three fundamental philosophies? How are they revealed throughout this book?
Part 2) How does he contradict these philosophies? Why do these contradictions take place?
Part 3) What is the reason Andy has written this book about his philosophies? Is it for himself? For others? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The concept of time can be very ethereal and mystical.
Part 1) How can time be ethereal and mystical? What does Andy think about this concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he enjoy anticipation? How does this reinforce other beliefs of Andy's?
Part 3) What is a conscious choice that people can make regarding their time? How might this affect one's life? How does it affect Andy's life? How does it affect his work?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has definite ideas on beauty.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion on beauty? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does this affect his work and, indirectly, affect others?
Part 3) Is this opinion surprising to you? Why or why not?
Part 4) What is your own opinion of beauty? How does it compare to Andy's?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)