|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Taxi's main focus each day?
2. What does Andy believe about love?
3. What does Taxi do with makeup?
4. Due to what does Andy spend much of a sickly childhood in bed with paper dolls?
5. Who is Taxi?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Andy compare events that happen in people's lives? Give an example.
2. How does Andy's career evolve?
3. Who is Taxi? What does Andy think of her?
4. How has Andy received some of his bodily scars?
5. What does Andy say about Paris in comparison to New York?
6. Describe Andy's life when he first moves to New York City?
7. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
8. What is said about Andy's hair?
9. Describe Andy's childhood.
10. What does Andy find to be the hardest part of fame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fame has drawbacks and advantages.
Part 1) What are the drawbacks of fame? What are the advantages of fame? How does Andy explain this in his own life?
Part 2) Which is more powerful for Andy, the drawbacks or advantages? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does Andy act when he sees other celebrities? Why does he act this way? How does his behavior compare to how you might act around celebrities? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)