|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andy believe people act like babies longer than before?
2. What is Andy's fear?
3. What does Taxi do in regards to fashion statements?
4. Whose hands does Andy study?
5. When does Andy believe that people should be informed about love and sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
2. What are the drawbacks and advantages of fame?
3. Who is Taxi? What does Andy think of her?
4. How can time be ethereal and mystical?
5. What else exemplifies real beauty?
6. Why are movies important to Andy?
7. How does Andy's career evolve?
8. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
9. Is being overweight a hindrance to beauty? Why or why not?
10. What does Andy think about leftovers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol's view on money is the same as that of every thing else in his world.
Part 1) What is Andy's view on money? How does this view fit with most everything else in his world?
Part 2) How is Andy able to have such a view on money? How does it affect his life?
Part 3) Is his view of money useful? Is it realistic? How does his view of money compare to your own?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)