|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy admit about the business at first?
2. Who is Taxi?
3. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
4. If Andy had not been famous for being Andy Warhol, what does Andy believe would not have happened to him?
5. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
2. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
3. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
4. What does Andy find to be the hardest part of fame?
5. What are the drawbacks and advantages of fame?
6. Why does Andy believe everyone should take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
7. How does Andy believe people should live?
8. How does Andy prefer to carry cash?
9. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
10. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
Essay Topic 2
B has a one-sided conversation with Andy Warhol.
Part 1) Describe this conversation. Why does Andy allow this?
Part 2) How can Andy relate to this female B?
Part 3) What is the reason for including this chapter in this book? What does it reveal about Andy? how does it support his philosophies?
Essay Topic 3
Fame has drawbacks and advantages.
Part 1) What are the drawbacks of fame? What are the advantages of fame? How does Andy explain this in his own life?
Part 2) Which is more powerful for Andy, the drawbacks or advantages? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does Andy act when he sees other celebrities? Why does he act this way? How does his behavior compare to how you might act around celebrities? Why?
This section contains 2,051 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)