|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy and B then discuss the viability of Andy becoming what one day?
2. What does Andy believe about love?
3. What do Andy and B say about chocolate-covered cherries?
4. With what does Taxi struggle?
5. Why does Andy believe people act like babies longer than before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy have to say about his television?
2. Where does Taxi go after New York? What does Andy think of this?
3. Why does Andy believe everyone should take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
4. Who is Taxi? What does Andy think of her?
5. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
6. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
7. Why is Andy Warhol so popular?
8. Why are movies important to Andy?
9. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
10. How does Andy's career evolve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of time can be very ethereal and mystical.
Part 1) How can time be ethereal and mystical? What does Andy think about this concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he enjoy anticipation? How does this reinforce other beliefs of Andy's?
Part 3) What is a conscious choice that people can make regarding their time? How might this affect one's life? How does it affect Andy's life? How does it affect his work?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)