|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy believes that the events that happen in people's lives are more like what?
2. What does Taxi do with makeup?
3. Andy believes that during this time people forget about what?
4. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
5. When Andy arrives in New York, where does he live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is being overweight a hindrance to beauty? Why or why not?
2. According to Andy, when should people be informed about love and sex? Why?
3. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
4. How has Andy received some of his bodily scars?
5. Where does Taxi go after New York? What does Andy think of this?
6. Describe Andy's life when he first moves to New York City?
7. On What is Taxi dependent?
8. What are the drawbacks and advantages of fame?
9. What does Andy think about leftovers?
10. Why does Andy believe everyone should take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fame has drawbacks and advantages.
Part 1) What are the drawbacks of fame? What are the advantages of fame? How does Andy explain this in his own life?
Part 2) Which is more powerful for Andy, the drawbacks or advantages? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does Andy act when he sees other celebrities? Why does he act this way? How does his behavior compare to how you might act around celebrities? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has three fundamental philosophies.
Part 1) What are his three fundamental philosophies? How are they revealed throughout this book?
Part 2) How does he contradict these philosophies? Why do these contradictions take place?
Part 3) What is the reason Andy has written this book about his philosophies? Is it for himself? For others? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
B has a one-sided conversation with Andy Warhol.
Part 1) Describe this conversation. Why does Andy allow this?
Part 2) How can Andy relate to this female B?
Part 3) What is the reason for including this chapter in this book? What does it reveal about Andy? how does it support his philosophies?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)