|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy believes that during this time people forget about what?
2. By the early 1960s, what happens to Andy's art career?
3. What does Andy say about Taxi's hygiene habits?
4. Who is Taxi?
5. Andy feels that each person has some beauty at different points in life but what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy say about Paris in comparison to New York?
2. What are the drawbacks and advantages of fame?
3. Why is Andy Warhol so popular?
4. How can time be ethereal and mystical?
5. What does Andy think about leftovers?
6. According to Andy, when should people be informed about love and sex? Why?
7. Why are movies important to Andy?
8. What does Andy have to say about his television?
9. What does Andy think should be taught to children? Why?
10. What does Andy say about the times for scheduled meetings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's view on money is the same as that of every thing else in his world.
Part 1) What is Andy's view on money? How does this view fit with most everything else in his world?
Part 2) How is Andy able to have such a view on money? How does it affect his life?
Part 3) Is his view of money useful? Is it realistic? How does his view of money compare to your own?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)