|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this discussion of Andy's physical appearance lead?
2. As a teenager, Andy finds summer employment where?
3. What would Andy's fear prevent him from ever being able to do?
4. Is being overweight a hindrance to beauty to Andy's way of thinking?
5. Whose hands does Andy study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
2. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
3. Where does Taxi go after New York? What does Andy think of this?
4. How can time be ethereal and mystical?
5. What does Andy think about leftovers?
6. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
7. What does Andy say about Paris in comparison to New York?
8. How does Andy's career evolve?
9. What are the drawbacks and advantages of fame?
10. According to Andy, when should people be informed about love and sex? Why?
Essay Topic 1
The chapter on death is very brief.
Part 1) Describe this chapter on death. Why is it so brief?
Part 2) How is this chapter symbolic? Is this chapter effective in expressing Andy's beliefs about death? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this chapter affect the reader? How does it fit with the rest of the book and Andy's philosophies?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
Essay Topic 3
B has a one-sided conversation with Andy Warhol.
Part 1) Describe this conversation. Why does Andy allow this?
Part 2) How can Andy relate to this female B?
Part 3) What is the reason for including this chapter in this book? What does it reveal about Andy? how does it support his philosophies?
This section contains 2,100 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)