|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy's career has its beginnings in what type of art?
2. Why does Andy believe people act like babies longer than before?
3. Andy feels that each person has some beauty at different points in life but what?
4. If children understand early how insignificant _____________ is, they will not be so obsessed with it.
5. How does Andy mock his physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy say about Paris in comparison to New York?
2. How does Andy's opinion of death compare to others?
3. How does Andy's career evolve?
4. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
5. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
6. What does Andy say about the times for scheduled meetings?
7. Why is Andy Warhol so popular?
8. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
9. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
10. Describe Andy's childhood.
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol believes that any space with art in it is wasted space.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? What is an appropriate space for one in which to live? Why?
Part 2) How is this belief a contradiction to much of Andy's life?
Part 3) How might his work as an artist help to create such a need for space without art? Would he desire this so much if he was not an artist? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol loves work above all other things.
Part 1) How do you know he loves work above all other things?
Part 2) What are his work habits? What do they reveal about Andy? How do they support and/or contradict his philosophies?
Part 3) How is his desire to work reflected in his personal and professional life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol's ideas on class structure and employment fit in well with the time period.
Part 1) What are Andy's ideas about class structure? How do his ideas compare with others' ideas at this time?
Part 2) How might Andy have come to have these ideas about class structure? How much has this time period influenced his beliefs about class structure?
Part 3) How do his ideas on class structure affect his work and his popularity as an artist? How might his work have been received in previous decades? If he were a new artist today, how would his work be received today? Why?
This section contains 2,151 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)