|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should this plan be put into effect for both permanent and short term beauty shortcomings?
2. With what does Taxi struggle?
3. Andy believes that the events that happen in people's lives are more like what?
4. Does Andy believe that a person should change his or her beauty for the sake of changing with trends?
5. What does Taxi do with makeup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about Andy's hair?
2. What does Andy say about Paris in comparison to New York?
3. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
4. Who is Taxi? What does Andy think of her?
5. Is being overweight a hindrance to beauty? Why or why not?
6. Describe Andy's childhood.
7. According to Andy, when should people be informed about love and sex? Why?
8. Why does Andy believe everyone should take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
9. What does Andy say that contradicts what he believes should be taught to children?
10. What else exemplifies real beauty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol has emotional issues surrounding sex.
Part 1) What is Andy's opinion of sex? How might this opinion have come about?
Part 2) How does it reiterate his lack of attachment to others? How might his opinion of sex affect his work?
Part 3) Why does he express this opinion? How do aspects of this opinion contradict themselves? What are your thoughts on his views on sex? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol believes that any space with art in it is wasted space.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? What is an appropriate space for one in which to live? Why?
Part 2) How is this belief a contradiction to much of Andy's life?
Part 3) How might his work as an artist help to create such a need for space without art? Would he desire this so much if he was not an artist? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The concept of time can be very ethereal and mystical.
Part 1) How can time be ethereal and mystical? What does Andy think about this concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he enjoy anticipation? How does this reinforce other beliefs of Andy's?
Part 3) What is a conscious choice that people can make regarding their time? How might this affect one's life? How does it affect Andy's life? How does it affect his work?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)