|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest part of being famous?
2. What are these things that are beautiful to him?
3. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
4. Andy believes that the events that happen in people's lives are more like what?
5. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
2. Why is Andy Warhol so popular?
3. Why are movies important to Andy?
4. Why has Taxi moved to New York? How does she deal with the little money she has?
5. Is being overweight a hindrance to beauty? Why or why not?
6. To what does Andy compare events that happen in people's lives? Give an example.
7. What is said about Andy's hair?
8. Who is Taxi? What does Andy think of her?
9. How is fame relative?
10. How can time be ethereal and mystical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol's life is radically different from the way of life he proposes as best or wishes he could adopt.
Part 1) Describe Andy's life. Describe what Andy proposes is the best way to live. How are these contradictory?
Part 2) Why does such a contradiction exist? What does this say about Andy?
Part 3) Might he realize this contradiction exists? What might he think about it? How would he explain it?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol does not view the world as others do.
Part 1) How does he view the world? How is this different than others?
Part 2) What factors in his life lead to these views?
Part 3) How does his view of the world affect his interaction with others and his work as an artist?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)