Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy and B then discuss the viability of Andy becoming what one day?
2. Due to what does Andy spend much of a sickly childhood in bed with paper dolls?
3. Why is popular culture in America a great equalizer in Andy's opinion?
4. As a young man, Andy strives to learn about love and finds the truest representations where?
5. Andy believes that during this time people forget about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. On What is Taxi dependent?
2. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
3. To what does Andy compare events that happen in people's lives? Give an example.
4. What does Andy believe every person has?
5. Of what is this chapter comprised?
6. Who does Andy admire? Why?
7. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
8. What else exemplifies real beauty?
9. What do Andy Warhol and B discuss?
10. Why does Andy not allow his bag to be taken from him at the grocery?
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol does not view the world as others do.
Part 1) How does he view the world? How is this different than others?
Part 2) What factors in his life lead to these views?
Part 3) How does his view of the world affect his interaction with others and his work as an artist?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol has three fundamental philosophies.
Part 1) What are his three fundamental philosophies? How are they revealed throughout this book?
Part 2) How does he contradict these philosophies? Why do these contradictions take place?
Part 3) What is the reason Andy has written this book about his philosophies? Is it for himself? For others? Explain.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)