|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Andy, why is the idea of fame relative?
2. Does Andy feel that being in the dark about love and sex can be a good situation?
3. Andy believes that during this time people forget about what?
4. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
5. Why does he find this to be the hardest part?
Short Essay Questions
1. On What is Taxi dependent?
2. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
3. Why is Andy Warhol so popular?
4. Describe Andy's life when he first moves to New York City?
5. How has Andy received some of his bodily scars?
6. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
7. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
8. What else exemplifies real beauty?
9. What does Andy have to say about his television?
10. Why are movies important to Andy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The chapter on death is very brief.
Part 1) Describe this chapter on death. Why is it so brief?
Part 2) How is this chapter symbolic? Is this chapter effective in expressing Andy's beliefs about death? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this chapter affect the reader? How does it fit with the rest of the book and Andy's philosophies?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol studies the concept of time.
Part 1) What does Andy ponder about the concept of time?
Part 2) Why does he muse about these aspects of time? How does his personality guide these musings?
Part 3) What does Andy do with these musings? How do these concepts of time change his life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol believes that any space with art in it is wasted space.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? What is an appropriate space for one in which to live? Why?
Part 2) How is this belief a contradiction to much of Andy's life?
Part 3) How might his work as an artist help to create such a need for space without art? Would he desire this so much if he was not an artist? Explain.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)