|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy also explores the concept of having what?
2. What city is more aesthetic than New York?
3. How does Andy mock his physical appearance?
4. B offers up an alternative career for Andy. What is that career?
5. Fame has what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
2. What does Andy believe every person has?
3. What does Andy say that contradicts what he believes should be taught to children?
4. What does Andy think about pennies?
5. What do Andy and B say about socks?
6. To what does Andy compare events that happen in people's lives? Give an example.
7. Where does Taxi go after New York? What does Andy think of this?
8. Why are movies important to Andy?
9. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
10. Describe Andy's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol has interesting shopping habits.
Part 1) Describe Andy's shopping habits. How do his shopping habits reflect his philosophies?
Part 2) What do these shopping habits reveal about Andy's personality?
Part 3) What other reason is this chapter found in this book? Why is it the last chapter and topic discussed? How does it affect the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol likes to say shocking things.
Part 1) Give two examples of shocking comments he has made. Why were each of these comments made?
Part 2) What is the purpose for saying such shocking things?
Part 3) What do these shocking statements reveal about Andy? How do they reflect his beliefs? What do they say about his life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol believes that any space with art in it is wasted space.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? What is an appropriate space for one in which to live? Why?
Part 2) How is this belief a contradiction to much of Andy's life?
Part 3) How might his work as an artist help to create such a need for space without art? Would he desire this so much if he was not an artist? Explain.
This section contains 2,075 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)