|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big bowl of cherries.
(b) A big bowl of cereal.
(c) A big stack of pancakes.
(d) A big glass of orange juice.
2. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Watching television in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(b) Talking in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(c) Sleeping in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(d) People-watching in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
3. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(b) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(c) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(d) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
4. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
(b) Because Capote is very funny.
(c) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(d) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
5. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Eating jam from a jar.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Working on a portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy think about flying?
2. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
3. Why might this chapter be so short?
4. Today, the target of Andy's consumption habits is what?
5. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
2. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
3. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
4. What does Andy think about pennies?
5. What might this chapter symbolize?
6. Of what is this chapter comprised?
7. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
8. Who does Andy admire? Why?
9. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
10. How does Andy believe people should live?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)