|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy awakens where?
(a) At the Grand Excelsior Principi di Savoia Hotel in Torino, Italy.
(b) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Florence, Italy.
(c) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Venice, Italy.
(d) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Rome, Italy.
2. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Buy back bad meat.
(b) Sell more variety of items.
(c) Sell only what he needs.
(d) Buy things back from people.
3. Where would B prefer to shop?
4. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(b) Looking at people stare at him.
(c) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(d) Looking at the shoppers around him.
5. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(b) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(c) Because Capote is very funny.
(d) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
2. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
3. When do Damian and B feel that a person grows potentially more depressed?
4. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
5. Andy and B are hosted by what film director?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does B talk?
2. Who does Andy admire? Why?
3. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
4. With what about breakfast is Andy delighted?
5. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
6. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
7. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
8. What do Andy and B say about socks?
9. What might this chapter symbolize?
10. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)