|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
(a) Being an artist is just another job.
(b) He does not want to talk about this topic.
(c) He would like her to leave.
(d) He would rather not talk to her.
2. What does the trio discuss about the race car drivers?
(a) Whether they get paid a lot.
(b) Whether or not they have death wishes.
(c) How they are able to not have to use the restroom during the entire race.
(d) How many hours they train a week.
3. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
(b) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(c) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(d) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
4. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
(a) She calls the same time every day.
(b) He has caller ID.
(c) This B is notorious for calling Andy before he can call her.
(d) He is always hoping it is her calling.
5. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
(a) Others like it more than he does.
(b) It is not as good as he would like it to be.
(c) It never turns out as he plans.
(d) It will waste people's space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should supermarkets do this?
2. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
3. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
4. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
5. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
2. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
3. Who does Andy admire? Why?
4. How does Andy's opinion of death compare to others?
5. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
6. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
7. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
8. What does Andy think about pennies?
9. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
10. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)