|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
(b) He does not want to have to get up.
(c) He is too tired to go to his room.
(d) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
2. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
(a) On the weekends.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) During the afternoon.
3. Why does Andy love folding money and notes?
(a) He loves how thick it looks when it is folded.
(b) He likes crinkled money.
(c) He does not want others to know how much money he has.
(d) Wealthy people keep this money in long white envelopes.
4. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
(a) He likes to be in control.
(b) He is too insecure to do it on his own.
(c) He is too tired to order it himself.
(d) He is too lazy.
5. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
(a) That artist should go back to his or her roots.
(b) That artist must have taken some risk at some time to have become different and stand out from the others.
(c) They are fake, just like all celebrities.
(d) They are no different than anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. These from number 117 are proof of what?
2. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
3. Why is this character flustered?
4. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
5. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
2. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
3. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
4. How does Andy believe people should live?
5. Who does Andy admire? Why?
6. What might this chapter symbolize?
7. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
8. Over what do Andy and B argue?
9. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
10. About what does B talk?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)