|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two discuss?
(a) The monarchies of Europe and the easy train transportation.
(b) The many languages spoken in Europe and the possibility of the use of one currency.
(c) The wealth of Europe and the beautiful ruins.
(d) Intermarriage in Europe and the wars that have been waged against family members.
2. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Eating jam from a jar.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Working on a portrait.
3. Where would B prefer to shop?
4. What does Andy feel that Rome is becoming?
(a) The new Hollywood.
(b) A museum.
(c) An ancient ruin.
(d) The new New York.
5. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
(a) It becomes valid.
(b) It falls flat.
(c) It is laughed at.
(d) It is ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
2. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
3. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
4. What is annoying Andy about his room?
5. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy think about pennies?
2. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
3. Why might he have kept this chapter so short?
4. What do B, Damian, and Andy think about the topic of growing wiser with age?
5. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
6. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
7. Over what do Andy and B argue?
8. About what does B talk?
9. What is said about Andy's phone conversations?
10. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)