|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(b) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
(c) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
(d) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
2. What could this chapter represent?
(a) Someone changing the topic of a conversation due to its uncomfortable nature.
(b) Someone meeting someone for the first time.
(c) Someone planning for wedding.
(d) Someone expressing his love for another.
3. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
(a) It becomes very heated.
(b) It ends completely.
(c) It continues.
(d) It moves to the topic of growing wiser with age.
4. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
(b) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(c) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
(d) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
5. How is Andy no different from most other people?
(a) He loves to eat.
(b) In his denial of death or unwillingness to discuss it.
(c) He is nervous about getting married.
(d) He has been in love many times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
2. With what is B obsessed?
3. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
4. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
5. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy believe people should live?
2. Why does Andy wish he could sleep in the lobby?
3. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
4. What does Andy find to be almost as much fun as grocery shopping?
5. Over what do Andy and B argue?
6. Why does Andy have B order room service?
7. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
8. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
9. Who does Andy admire? Why?
10. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)