|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(b) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(c) Because Capote is very funny.
(d) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
2. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
(b) In order to create a more balanced economy.
(c) In order to make shopping easier.
(d) In order to make him feel special.
3. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) Everything has grown more expensive.
(b) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(c) All that a person needs.
(d) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
4. With what can Andy not be bothered?
(a) Other people.
(c) Dollar bills.
(d) A wallet.
5. What does Andy feel about change?
(a) It makes a neat noise.
(b) It can be a burden.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It can be very useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
2. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
3. Andy and B spot a number of celebrities in the hotel, including who?
4. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
5. Andy's Torino art dealer phones, inviting Andy and B to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over what do Andy and B argue?
2. What three tricks does Andy use to help him persevere in situations in which he would prefer not to be?
3. Who hosts Andy and B? Why does this person become flustered?
4. What might this chapter symbolize?
5. Why does B ask about how to adopt good habits?
6. What does Andy say about others' thoughts? What does he think about this?
7. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
8. How does Andy's opinion of death compare to others?
9. Why does Andy have B order room service?
10. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)