|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taxi leave Andy's life?
(a) She returns to her family.
(b) To study art in Europe.
(c) She tires of him.
(d) To go on the road with a singer.
2. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
(b) Working hard.
(c) Talking to strangers.
(d) Making friends.
3. What does Andy say about Taxi's hygiene habits?
(a) They are normal.
(b) They are horrendous.
(c) They are strict.
(d) They are abnormal.
4. What does this fear create?
(a) A basis for anger.
(b) A basis of respect.
(c) A basis for loneliness.
(d) A basis for unhappiness.
5. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
(a) It is less stressful to think of nothing.
(b) It is too difficult to think about anything.
(c) No one will be offended or hurt.
(d) It is nothing that is exciting and sexy in this world.
Short Answer Questions
1. To round out his statements on beauty, Andy names how many things that are always beautiful to him?
2. Real beauty, to Andy, is exemplified by what?
3. What would Andy's fear prevent him from ever being able to do?
4. What does Andy feel is the best part of time?
5. Why does Andy have a special fascination with these people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy think should be taught to children? Why?
2. Where is Andy at the beginning of this chapter? What is he doing?
3. What does Andy think about his room at the Hotel Mirabeau?
4. What do Damian and Andy say about risk takers?
5. What does Andy have to say about his television?
6. Why does Andy become annoyed with Damian?
7. What else exemplifies real beauty?
8. Why does Andy consider himself a true American?
9. What does Andy say about the times for scheduled meetings?
10. How does Andy believe people should live?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)