|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Andy arrives in New York, where does he live?
(a) In the YMCA.
(b) In a small one bedroom apartment.
(c) In a studio apartment.
(d) In an art commune.
2. Where is Andy shot?
(a) At a store.
(b) At his home.
(c) At his studio.
(d) In a dark alley.
3. Why will adults never take this position with their children?
(a) Math, reading, and writing constitute big business.
(b) Art, dance, and music constitute big business.
(c) Beauty, love, and sex constitute big business.
(d) Science, history, and foreign languages constitute big business.
4. Whose hands does Andy study?
(a) A waiter's.
(b) His neighbor's.
(c) His own.
(d) His girlfriend's.
5. Why does Andy find his first television set fascinating?
(a) People on the TV can share their problems with him, making Andy more immune to the problems of his real life acquaintances.
(b) There are shows on at all hours of the day.
(c) He no longer has to entertain himself.
(d) It is the most technologically-advanced appliance he owns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andy determined to become?
2. Why does Andy feel this way about being in the dark about love and sex?
3. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
4. Why does Taxi leave Andy's life?
5. Andy also believes that a person can make a conscious choice to do what, regarding his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy have to say about his television?
2. How can time be ethereal and mystical?
3. Why does Andy believe everyone should take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
4. How does Andy learn that a person can make a conscious choice to spend his or her time happy or sad?
5. Describe Andy's life when he first moves to New York City?
6. How does Andy's career evolve?
7. According to Andy, when should people be informed about love and sex? Why?
8. Why does Andy regret not having a boss?
9. What does Andy believe every person has?
10. Why does Andy have a special fascination with talk show hosts?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)