|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Buy things back from people.
(b) Sell more variety of items.
(c) Sell only what he needs.
(d) Buy back bad meat.
2. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(b) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(c) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(d) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
3. Would Andy like to seem more human and average?
(d) Very likely.
4. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
(b) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(c) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
(d) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
5. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
(a) Andy will be buying many groceries.
(b) Andy might be stealing.
(c) Andy is afraid someone might keep his bag.
(d) Andy is very attached to his bag.
6. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
(a) In order to remember when they were purchased.
(b) In order to rip out the tags.
(c) In order to know when they are out of style.
(d) In order to avoid the collection of too many things.
7. How many tricks does Andy have to help him persevere?
8. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) Everything has grown more expensive.
(b) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(c) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(d) All that a person needs.
9. What could this chapter represent?
(a) Someone expressing his love for another.
(b) Someone planning for wedding.
(c) Someone meeting someone for the first time.
(d) Someone changing the topic of a conversation due to its uncomfortable nature.
10. What do the two discuss?
(a) Intermarriage in Europe and the wars that have been waged against family members.
(b) The monarchies of Europe and the easy train transportation.
(c) The wealth of Europe and the beautiful ruins.
(d) The many languages spoken in Europe and the possibility of the use of one currency.
11. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
(a) A cluttered but comfortable space.
(b) A completely empty, clean space.
(c) A space filled with his art.
(d) A space filled with art.
12. What does Andy think about flying?
(a) He does not mind it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He refuses to do it.
13. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Watching television in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(b) Sleeping in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(c) People-watching in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(d) Talking in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
14. Arriving at Macy's, by what are Andy and B overwhelmed?
(a) The underwear supply.
(b) The amount of clothing available for purchase.
(c) The big Saturday shopping crowd.
(d) The number of sales persons.
15. Andy would like to be where every week?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might this chapter be so short?
2. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
3. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
4. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
5. After it's over, what should one do?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)