|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
(a) Doing what he is told to do.
(b) Being quiet.
(c) Smiling all the time.
(d) His good manners.
2. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
(b) In order to make shopping easier.
(c) In order to make him feel special.
(d) In order to create a more balanced economy.
3. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(b) All that a person needs.
(c) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(d) Everything has grown more expensive.
4. What does Andy feel that Rome is becoming?
(a) An ancient ruin.
(b) A museum.
(c) The new New York.
(d) The new Hollywood.
5. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
(a) He would like her to leave.
(b) He would rather not talk to her.
(c) He does not want to talk about this topic.
(d) Being an artist is just another job.
6. What could this chapter represent?
(a) Someone changing the topic of a conversation due to its uncomfortable nature.
(b) Someone expressing his love for another.
(c) Someone planning for wedding.
(d) Someone meeting someone for the first time.
7. What is significant about the abrupt style in a book filled with rambling statements?
(a) It is less important than the rest of the book.
(b) It mimics the sometimes abrupt nature of death.
(c) It is unnatural.
(d) It shows how much more important this chapter is than the others.
8. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big stack of pancakes.
(b) A big glass of orange juice.
(c) A big bowl of cherries.
(d) A big bowl of cereal.
9. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
(a) Yes, rarely.
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, many times.
(d) No, never.
10. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Forget about it.
(b) Accept blame for it.
(c) Laugh about it with a friend.
(d) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
11. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Talking in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(b) People-watching in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(c) Sleeping in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(d) Watching television in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
12. While people are living their lives what can happen?
(a) They are caught up short by death's appearance.
(b) They fall in love quickly.
(c) They go from single to married in a matter of moments.
(d) They fed and satisfied in a matter of minutes.
13. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(b) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(c) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(d) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
14. With what is B obsessed?
(a) Talking to Andy.
(c) Asking Andy questions.
(d) Talking about herself.
15. Would Andy like to seem more human and average?
(b) Very likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B clean with a special cloth?
2. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
3. What does Andy especially like getting and considers almost as a form of currency?
4. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
5. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)