|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
(a) Anyone seeing what she discards.
(b) It smelling.
(c) Replacing the bag with a new one.
(d) Taking it to the dumpster.
2. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
(b) He does not want to have to get up.
(c) He is too tired to go to his room.
(d) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
3. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big bowl of cherries.
(b) A big glass of orange juice.
(c) A big bowl of cereal.
(d) A big stack of pancakes.
4. What does Andy feel about change?
(a) It can be a burden.
(b) It can be very useful.
(c) It makes a neat noise.
(d) It is inevitable.
5. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because he is an American artist.
(b) Because he was born in the United States.
(c) Because of his accent.
(d) Because of his penchant for buying things.
6. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Lists of things to do in their minds.
(b) Schools of thought in their minds.
(c) Time lines of thought in their minds.
(d) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
7. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
(a) Andy is afraid someone might keep his bag.
(b) Andy is very attached to his bag.
(c) Andy might be stealing.
(d) Andy will be buying many groceries.
8. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He craves it.
(b) He tires of it.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He is immune to it.
9. What does Andy think about flying?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He refuses to do it.
(d) He does not mind it.
10. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Buy things back from people.
(b) Buy back bad meat.
(c) Sell more variety of items.
(d) Sell only what he needs.
11. As what does the bag function?
(a) A security blanket.
(b) A purse.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) A friend.
12. Andy awakens where?
(a) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Venice, Italy.
(b) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Rome, Italy.
(c) At the Grand Excelsior Principi di Savoia Hotel in Torino, Italy.
(d) At the Grand Excelsir Principi di Savoia Hotel in Florence, Italy.
13. Andy would like to be where every week?
(d) New York.
14. With what can Andy not be bothered?
(b) Dollar bills.
(c) Other people.
(d) A wallet.
15. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andy love folding money and notes?
2. How is Andy no different from most other people?
3. Why does Andy think B must feel at home in Italy?
4. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
5. What is annoying Andy about his room?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)