|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) All that a person needs.
(b) Everything has grown more expensive.
(c) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(d) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
2. What does Andy feel about change?
(a) It can be very useful.
(b) It can be a burden.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It makes a neat noise.
3. Should one ever complain about a situation while the situation is still going on?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, rarely.
(c) No, never.
(d) Yes, always.
4. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
5. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(b) Schools of thought in their minds.
(c) Lists of things to do in their minds.
(d) Time lines of thought in their minds.
6. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
(a) A cluttered but comfortable space.
(b) A space filled with his art.
(c) A space filled with art.
(d) A completely empty, clean space.
7. With what is B obsessed?
(a) Asking Andy questions.
(c) Talking about herself.
(d) Talking to Andy.
8. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because of his penchant for buying things.
(b) Because of his accent.
(c) Because he was born in the United States.
(d) Because he is an American artist.
9. Why might this chapter be so short?
(a) Perhaps Andy did not care about the subject matter.
(b) Perhaps Andy wanted to make his book shorter.
(c) Perhaps Andy did not know what to say.
(d) Perhaps Andy enjoyed the artistic allusion he created here.
10. How is Andy no different from most other people?
(a) He has been in love many times.
(b) He is nervous about getting married.
(c) He loves to eat.
(d) In his denial of death or unwillingness to discuss it.
11. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
(a) Anyone seeing what she discards.
(b) Taking it to the dumpster.
(c) It smelling.
(d) Replacing the bag with a new one.
12. Andy would like to be where every week?
(c) New York.
13. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
(a) Doing what he is told to do.
(b) Smiling all the time.
(c) Being quiet.
(d) His good manners.
14. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
(a) He goes to his room to nap.
(b) He works.
(c) He goes grocery shopping.
(d) He goes out to dinner.
15. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big bowl of cereal.
(b) A big stack of pancakes.
(c) A big bowl of cherries.
(d) A big glass of orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
2. What does B clean with a special cloth?
3. Where are Andy and B staying?
4. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
5. Today, the target of Andy's consumption habits is what?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)