|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is annoying Andy about his room?
(a) It is too small.
(b) The bed is not very comfortable.
(c) The waxing and waning of the noise from the racecars.
(d) It is not very tidy.
2. Should one ever complain about a situation while the situation is still going on?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, rarely.
3. Why is Andy joined in his room by B and Damian?
(a) They need to have a meeting.
(b) They want to keep him company.
(c) They have come to take Andy to lunch.
(d) He begs them to visit him.
4. Almost as much fun for Andy as grocery shopping is what?
(a) Eating his groceries.
(b) Shopping for books and magazines.
(c) Cooking with his groceries.
(d) Buying for others.
5. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(a) Truman Capote
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
6. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(b) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(c) Looking at people stare at him.
(d) Looking at the shoppers around him.
7. How is Andy no different from most other people?
(a) He is nervous about getting married.
(b) In his denial of death or unwillingness to discuss it.
(c) He has been in love many times.
(d) He loves to eat.
8. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
(a) He is always hoping it is her calling.
(b) This B is notorious for calling Andy before he can call her.
(c) She calls the same time every day.
(d) He has caller ID.
9. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Laugh about it with a friend.
(b) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
(c) Forget about it.
(d) Accept blame for it.
10. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
(a) He does not want to talk about this topic.
(b) He would rather not talk to her.
(c) He would like her to leave.
(d) Being an artist is just another job.
11. What could this chapter represent?
(a) Someone meeting someone for the first time.
(b) Someone expressing his love for another.
(c) Someone planning for wedding.
(d) Someone changing the topic of a conversation due to its uncomfortable nature.
12. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) During the afternoon.
13. Today, the target of Andy's consumption habits is what?
(a) Beauty products.
14. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
(a) It smelling.
(b) Taking it to the dumpster.
(c) Anyone seeing what she discards.
(d) Replacing the bag with a new one.
15. Why does Andy think B must feel at home in Italy?
(a) Because of B's Italian descent.
(b) Because of B's dark complexion.
(c) Because of B's ability to speak Italian.
(d) Because of B's interest in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
2. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
3. Where are Andy and B staying?
4. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
5. What do B and Andy discuss?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)