|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) All that a person needs.
(b) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(c) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(d) Everything has grown more expensive.
2. What does B clean with a special cloth?
(a) Her violin.
(b) Her antiques.
(c) Her tables.
(d) Her pencil jar.
3. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
(a) It moves to the topic of growing wiser with age.
(b) It continues.
(c) It becomes very heated.
(d) It ends completely.
4. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
(a) They are fake, just like all celebrities.
(b) That artist should go back to his or her roots.
(c) They are no different than anyone else.
(d) That artist must have taken some risk at some time to have become different and stand out from the others.
5. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
(a) This B is notorious for calling Andy before he can call her.
(b) He has caller ID.
(c) She calls the same time every day.
(d) He is always hoping it is her calling.
6. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because he is an American artist.
(b) Because of his accent.
(c) Because of his penchant for buying things.
(d) Because he was born in the United States.
7. Andy's Torino art dealer phones, inviting Andy and B to what?
(b) A performance.
8. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
(b) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
(c) He does not want to have to get up.
(d) He is too tired to go to his room.
9. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
(a) He would rather not talk to her.
(b) Being an artist is just another job.
(c) He would like her to leave.
(d) He does not want to talk about this topic.
10. About what is this chapter?
11. What does Andy especially like getting and considers almost as a form of currency?
(d) Grocery lists.
12. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(c) Very uncomfortable.
13. When do Damian and B feel that a person grows potentially more depressed?
(a) With each year.
(b) The closer they live to a large city.
(c) As they become wealthier.
(d) With each friend they lose.
14. With what is B obsessed?
(a) Asking Andy questions.
(b) Talking to Andy.
(d) Talking about herself.
15. What does the trio discuss about the race car drivers?
(a) How many hours they train a week.
(b) Whether they get paid a lot.
(c) How they are able to not have to use the restroom during the entire race.
(d) Whether or not they have death wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does this last possible reason for the brevity of this chapter make him more human and average?
2. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
3. After it's over, what should one do?
4. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
5. What could this chapter represent?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)