|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(b) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
(c) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(d) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
2. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Eating jam from a jar.
(c) Working on a portrait.
(d) Watching television.
3. Why does Andy think B must feel at home in Italy?
(a) Because of B's Italian descent.
(b) Because of B's ability to speak Italian.
(c) Because of B's dark complexion.
(d) Because of B's interest in Italy.
4. Why is Andy joined in his room by B and Damian?
(a) They want to keep him company.
(b) They need to have a meeting.
(c) They have come to take Andy to lunch.
(d) He begs them to visit him.
5. What does B clean with a special cloth?
(a) Her pencil jar.
(b) Her tables.
(c) Her violin.
(d) Her antiques.
6. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
(a) He is too tired to order it himself.
(b) He is too insecure to do it on his own.
(c) He likes to be in control.
(d) He is too lazy.
7. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
(b) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
(c) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(d) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
8. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Truman Capote
9. What does Andy prefer carrying as opposed to traveler's checks or personal checks?
(a) Credit cards.
(b) A debit card.
(d) Money orders.
10. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(b) Very uncomfortable.
11. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
(a) Andy will be buying many groceries.
(b) Andy is afraid someone might keep his bag.
(c) Andy might be stealing.
(d) Andy is very attached to his bag.
12. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(b) Looking at the shoppers around him.
(c) Looking at people stare at him.
(d) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
13. Does this last possible reason for the brevity of this chapter make him more human and average?
(c) Probably not.
14. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
(a) That artist should go back to his or her roots.
(b) That artist must have taken some risk at some time to have become different and stand out from the others.
(c) They are no different than anyone else.
(d) They are fake, just like all celebrities.
15. Would Andy like to seem more human and average?
(d) Very likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
2. What does Andy feel about change?
3. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
4. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
5. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)