|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the trio discuss about the race car drivers?
(a) How they are able to not have to use the restroom during the entire race.
(b) How many hours they train a week.
(c) Whether they get paid a lot.
(d) Whether or not they have death wishes.
2. Is this chapter symbolic?
3. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
(a) Yes, rarely.
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, many times.
(d) No, never.
4. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) He is too tired to go to his room.
(b) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
(c) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
(d) He does not want to have to get up.
5. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Sell only what he needs.
(b) Buy things back from people.
(c) Sell more variety of items.
(d) Buy back bad meat.
6. Why has Andy flown to Rome?
(a) He is in need of a vacation.
(b) To attend a major celebrity event.
(c) To visit the museums.
(d) He loves Italy.
7. As what does the bag function?
(a) A security blanket.
(b) A purse.
(c) A friend.
(d) A shopping cart.
8. With what is B obsessed?
(a) Asking Andy questions.
(b) Talking about herself.
(d) Talking to Andy.
9. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
10. Arriving at Macy's, by what are Andy and B overwhelmed?
(a) The underwear supply.
(b) The number of sales persons.
(c) The big Saturday shopping crowd.
(d) The amount of clothing available for purchase.
11. What is annoying Andy about his room?
(a) The waxing and waning of the noise from the racecars.
(b) It is not very tidy.
(c) It is too small.
(d) The bed is not very comfortable.
12. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(a) Truman Capote
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
13. What do B and Andy discuss?
(a) The price of underwear.
(b) The need for beauty products to cover blemishes and the fact that the products also cause the blemishes.
(c) The law of diminishing returns regarding socks.
(d) The cost of food.
14. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to create a more balanced economy.
(b) In order to make shopping easier.
(c) In order to make him feel special.
(d) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
15. When do Damian and B feel that a person grows potentially more depressed?
(a) As they become wealthier.
(b) With each friend they lose.
(c) With each year.
(d) The closer they live to a large city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy think about flying?
2. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
3. Why does Andy love folding money and notes?
4. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
5. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)