|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
(a) Vincent Van Gogh.
(b) Judy Chicago.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
2. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
(a) He is too lazy.
(b) He likes to be in control.
(c) He is too tired to order it himself.
(d) He is too insecure to do it on his own.
3. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
4. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
(a) He goes to his room to nap.
(b) He goes grocery shopping.
(c) He goes out to dinner.
(d) He works.
5. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He craves it.
(b) He tires of it.
(c) He is immune to it.
(d) He enjoys it.
6. Why has Andy flown to Rome?
(a) To attend a major celebrity event.
(b) He is in need of a vacation.
(c) To visit the museums.
(d) He loves Italy.
7. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Truman Capote
8. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(b) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
(c) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(d) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
9. How many tricks does Andy have to help him persevere?
10. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
(a) A space filled with art.
(b) A cluttered but comfortable space.
(c) A space filled with his art.
(d) A completely empty, clean space.
11. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
(a) Forget about it.
(b) Pretend it is a movie.
(c) Complain about it.
(d) Talk about it.
12. Andy would like to be where every week?
(d) New York.
13. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
(a) Talking about the amount of risk involved in being an artist.
(b) Complimenting him about his work.
(c) Asking him about his art.
(d) Asking many questions about being an artist.
14. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
(a) In order to avoid the collection of too many things.
(b) In order to know when they are out of style.
(c) In order to remember when they were purchased.
(d) In order to rip out the tags.
15. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(b) Because Capote is very funny.
(c) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
(d) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
2. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
3. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
4. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
5. Why is Andy joined in his room by B and Damian?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)