|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big bowl of cherries.
(b) A big stack of pancakes.
(c) A big glass of orange juice.
(d) A big bowl of cereal.
2. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
(a) In the rectum.
(b) In the intestines.
(c) In the esophagus.
(d) In the stomach.
3. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(b) Looking at the shoppers around him.
(c) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(d) Looking at people stare at him.
4. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) All that a person needs.
(b) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(c) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(d) Everything has grown more expensive.
5. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
(b) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
(c) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(d) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
6. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Working on a portrait.
(d) Eating jam from a jar.
7. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Laugh about it with a friend.
(b) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
(c) Forget about it.
(d) Accept blame for it.
8. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
(b) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(c) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(d) Because Capote is very funny.
9. What does Andy especially like getting and considers almost as a form of currency?
(b) Grocery lists.
10. Where would B prefer to shop?
11. Where are Andy and B staying?
(a) At the Hotel Mirabeau in Marseilles.
(b) At the Hotel Mirabeau in Monte Carlo.
(c) At the Hotel Mirabeau in Nice.
(d) At the Hotel Mirabeau in Paris.
12. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
13. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
(a) It continues.
(b) It moves to the topic of growing wiser with age.
(c) It becomes very heated.
(d) It ends completely.
14. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(a) Truman Capote
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
15. Andy's Torino art dealer phones, inviting Andy and B to what?
(b) A performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what can Andy not be bothered?
2. Does this last possible reason for the brevity of this chapter make him more human and average?
3. Why has Andy flown to Rome?
4. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
5. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)