|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the abrupt style in a book filled with rambling statements?
(a) It is unnatural.
(b) It shows how much more important this chapter is than the others.
(c) It is less important than the rest of the book.
(d) It mimics the sometimes abrupt nature of death.
2. Andy admires people who can use space wisely with what?
3. What does B clean with a special cloth?
(a) Her pencil jar.
(b) Her violin.
(c) Her antiques.
(d) Her tables.
4. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
(a) Jackson Pollock.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Judy Chicago.
5. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
(a) He has caller ID.
(b) She calls the same time every day.
(c) He is always hoping it is her calling.
(d) This B is notorious for calling Andy before he can call her.
6. Arriving at Macy's, by what are Andy and B overwhelmed?
(a) The number of sales persons.
(b) The big Saturday shopping crowd.
(c) The amount of clothing available for purchase.
(d) The underwear supply.
7. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking at people stare at him.
(b) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(c) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(d) Looking at the shoppers around him.
8. Is this chapter symbolic?
9. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
(a) It becomes very heated.
(b) It ends completely.
(c) It moves to the topic of growing wiser with age.
(d) It continues.
10. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
(a) Asking him about his art.
(b) Asking many questions about being an artist.
(c) Talking about the amount of risk involved in being an artist.
(d) Complimenting him about his work.
11. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(b) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(c) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(d) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
12. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
(a) He works.
(b) He goes grocery shopping.
(c) He goes out to dinner.
(d) He goes to his room to nap.
13. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because Capote is very funny.
(b) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(c) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
(d) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
14. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
(a) He is too tired to order it himself.
(b) He is too insecure to do it on his own.
(c) He is too lazy.
(d) He likes to be in control.
15. Why has Andy flown to Rome?
(a) He loves Italy.
(b) To visit the museums.
(c) To attend a major celebrity event.
(d) He is in need of a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two discuss?
2. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
3. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
4. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
5. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)