|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
2. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Schools of thought in their minds.
(b) Lists of things to do in their minds.
(c) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(d) Time lines of thought in their minds.
3. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He tires of it.
(b) He is immune to it.
(c) He craves it.
(d) He enjoys it.
4. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(c) Very uncomfortable.
5. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
(a) The waste material could be colored pink or some other pleasing color.
(b) They should not think about it.
(c) They should not know that the tube is being installed.
(d) The tube should be intalled at a young age.
6. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) All that a person needs.
(b) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(c) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(d) Everything has grown more expensive.
7. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(b) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(c) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(d) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
8. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
(a) A completely empty, clean space.
(b) A cluttered but comfortable space.
(c) A space filled with his art.
(d) A space filled with art.
9. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
(a) Judy Chicago.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
10. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(b) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
(c) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
(d) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
11. Why does Andy love folding money and notes?
(a) Wealthy people keep this money in long white envelopes.
(b) He likes crinkled money.
(c) He does not want others to know how much money he has.
(d) He loves how thick it looks when it is folded.
12. Is this chapter symbolic?
13. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because he was born in the United States.
(b) Because he is an American artist.
(c) Because of his accent.
(d) Because of his penchant for buying things.
14. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, many times.
(c) Yes, rarely.
(d) No, never.
15. What does Andy feel about change?
(a) It can be a burden.
(b) It is inevitable.
(c) It can be very useful.
(d) It makes a neat noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
2. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
3. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
4. What could this chapter represent?
5. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)