|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
(a) Asking him about his art.
(b) Talking about the amount of risk involved in being an artist.
(c) Complimenting him about his work.
(d) Asking many questions about being an artist.
2. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
3. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(a) Very uncomfortable.
4. With what can Andy not be bothered?
(b) A wallet.
(c) Other people.
(d) Dollar bills.
5. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
(a) Vincent Van Gogh.
(b) Jackson Pollock.
(c) Judy Chicago.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
6. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
(a) Talk about it.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Complain about it.
(d) Pretend it is a movie.
7. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(b) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(c) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(d) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
8. Why does Andy want B to order room service?
(a) He is too lazy.
(b) He is too insecure to do it on his own.
(c) He is too tired to order it himself.
(d) He likes to be in control.
9. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) People-watching in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(b) Sleeping in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(c) Watching television in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(d) Talking in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
10. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
(b) Laugh about it with a friend.
(c) Accept blame for it.
(d) Forget about it.
11. When do Damian and B feel that a person grows potentially more depressed?
(a) With each year.
(b) The closer they live to a large city.
(c) As they become wealthier.
(d) With each friend they lose.
12. How is Andy no different from most other people?
(a) He has been in love many times.
(b) In his denial of death or unwillingness to discuss it.
(c) He loves to eat.
(d) He is nervous about getting married.
13. According to Andy, everyone should live in what?
(a) A space filled with art.
(b) A cluttered but comfortable space.
(c) A space filled with his art.
(d) A completely empty, clean space.
14. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
(b) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(c) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
(d) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
15. What does B clean with a special cloth?
(a) Her antiques.
(b) Her violin.
(c) Her pencil jar.
(d) Her tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose habits does Andy follow?
2. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
3. Is this chapter symbolic?
4. Where would B prefer to shop?
5. Why has Andy flown to Rome?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)