|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
(a) Vincent Van Gogh.
(b) Judy Chicago.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
2. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) He is too tired to go to his room.
(b) He does not want to have to get up.
(c) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
(d) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
3. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
(a) In order to know when they are out of style.
(b) In order to rip out the tags.
(c) In order to remember when they were purchased.
(d) In order to avoid the collection of too many things.
4. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
(a) That artist must have taken some risk at some time to have become different and stand out from the others.
(b) They are no different than anyone else.
(c) That artist should go back to his or her roots.
(d) They are fake, just like all celebrities.
5. Andy and B spot a number of celebrities in the hotel, including who?
(a) Elton John.
(b) Paul McCartney.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Woody Allen.
6. With what is B obsessed?
(a) Talking to Andy.
(b) Asking Andy questions.
(c) Talking about herself.
7. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(b) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(c) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(d) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
8. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
(a) A big glass of orange juice.
(b) A big stack of pancakes.
(c) A big bowl of cereal.
(d) A big bowl of cherries.
9. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because Capote is very funny.
(b) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(c) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(d) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
10. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking at people stare at him.
(b) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(c) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(d) Looking at the shoppers around him.
11. Almost as much fun for Andy as grocery shopping is what?
(a) Shopping for books and magazines.
(b) Buying for others.
(c) Cooking with his groceries.
(d) Eating his groceries.
12. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
(b) In order to make shopping easier.
(c) In order to make him feel special.
(d) In order to create a more balanced economy.
13. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(d) Very uncomfortable.
14. What do the two discuss?
(a) Intermarriage in Europe and the wars that have been waged against family members.
(b) The many languages spoken in Europe and the possibility of the use of one currency.
(c) The monarchies of Europe and the easy train transportation.
(d) The wealth of Europe and the beautiful ruins.
15. What does Andy especially like getting and considers almost as a form of currency?
(a) Grocery lists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When B returns to the room, what happens to the conversation?
2. What does the trio discuss about the race car drivers?
3. Should one ever complain about a situation while the situation is still going on?
4. Is this chapter symbolic?
5. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)