|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(b) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(c) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(d) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
2. Why does Andy think B must feel at home in Italy?
(a) Because of B's Italian descent.
(b) Because of B's interest in Italy.
(c) Because of B's dark complexion.
(d) Because of B's ability to speak Italian.
3. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
(b) Because Capote is very funny.
(c) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(d) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
4. Damian attempts to engage Andy in conversation by doing what?
(a) Asking many questions about being an artist.
(b) Asking him about his art.
(c) Complimenting him about his work.
(d) Talking about the amount of risk involved in being an artist.
5. Andy claims that the perception of discipline comes from what?
(a) Being quiet.
(b) Doing what he is told to do.
(c) His good manners.
(d) Smiling all the time.
6. What does Andy feel that Rome is becoming?
(a) An ancient ruin.
(b) The new Hollywood.
(c) A museum.
(d) The new New York.
7. Andy would like to be where every week?
(c) New York.
8. Whose habits does Andy follow?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Truman Capote
9. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the intestines.
(c) In the rectum.
(d) In the esophagus.
10. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He tires of it.
(b) He is immune to it.
(c) He craves it.
(d) He enjoys it.
11. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because of his penchant for buying things.
(b) Because he was born in the United States.
(c) Because of his accent.
(d) Because he is an American artist.
12. Andy admires people who can use space wisely with what?
13. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
(a) It never turns out as he plans.
(b) It will waste people's space.
(c) It is not as good as he would like it to be.
(d) Others like it more than he does.
14. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, rarely.
(c) Yes, many times.
(d) No, never.
15. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
(a) It is laughed at.
(b) It becomes valid.
(c) It falls flat.
(d) It is ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might this chapter be so short?
2. Andy's Torino art dealer phones, inviting Andy and B to what?
3. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
4. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
5. With what can Andy not be bothered?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)