|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy would like to be where every week?
(c) New York.
2. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Laugh about it with a friend.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Accept blame for it.
(d) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
3. Why is Andy joined in his room by B and Damian?
(a) He begs them to visit him.
(b) They want to keep him company.
(c) They need to have a meeting.
(d) They have come to take Andy to lunch.
4. How many tricks does Andy have to help him persevere?
5. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He tires of it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He is immune to it.
(d) He craves it.
6. Why might this chapter be so short?
(a) Perhaps Andy enjoyed the artistic allusion he created here.
(b) Perhaps Andy did not know what to say.
(c) Perhaps Andy did not care about the subject matter.
(d) Perhaps Andy wanted to make his book shorter.
7. What does Andy do before the big event that evening?
(a) He goes out to dinner.
(b) He goes grocery shopping.
(c) He works.
(d) He goes to his room to nap.
8. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
(a) Forget about it.
(b) Pretend it is a movie.
(c) Complain about it.
(d) Talk about it.
9. Why does Andy consider himself to be truly American?
(a) Because of his penchant for buying things.
(b) Because he is an American artist.
(c) Because of his accent.
(d) Because he was born in the United States.
10. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(b) Working on a portrait.
(c) Eating jam from a jar.
(d) Watching television.
11. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Lists of things to do in their minds.
(b) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(c) Schools of thought in their minds.
(d) Time lines of thought in their minds.
12. Arriving at Macy's, by what are Andy and B overwhelmed?
(a) The number of sales persons.
(b) The big Saturday shopping crowd.
(c) The underwear supply.
(d) The amount of clothing available for purchase.
13. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to create a more balanced economy.
(b) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
(c) In order to make shopping easier.
(d) In order to make him feel special.
14. Andy admires people who can use space wisely with what?
15. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
Short Answer Questions
1. When breakfast arrives, by what is Andy delighted?
2. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
3. What could this chapter represent?
4. Over what do Andy and B argue?
5. Why is this character flustered?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)