|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After it's over, what should one do?
(a) Laugh about it with a friend.
(b) Find somebody to pin the blame on and never let them forget it.
(c) Accept blame for it.
(d) Forget about it.
2. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
(a) It never turns out as he plans.
(b) Others like it more than he does.
(c) It is not as good as he would like it to be.
(d) It will waste people's space.
3. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
(a) Andy might be stealing.
(b) Andy will be buying many groceries.
(c) Andy is very attached to his bag.
(d) Andy is afraid someone might keep his bag.
4. What does Andy especially like getting and considers almost as a form of currency?
(c) Grocery lists.
5. Andy would like to be where every week?
(d) New York.
6. Should one ever complain about a situation while the situation is still going on?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, rarely.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, always.
7. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(b) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
(c) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(d) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
8. What do the two discuss?
(a) The wealth of Europe and the beautiful ruins.
(b) The many languages spoken in Europe and the possibility of the use of one currency.
(c) Intermarriage in Europe and the wars that have been waged against family members.
(d) The monarchies of Europe and the easy train transportation.
9. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
10. Is this chapter symbolic?
11. Why should supermarkets do this?
(a) In order to keep others from eating bad meat.
(b) In order to make him feel special.
(c) In order to create a more balanced economy.
(d) In order to make shopping easier.
12. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(b) Everything has grown more expensive.
(c) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(d) All that a person needs.
13. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Buy back bad meat.
(b) Sell only what he needs.
(c) Buy things back from people.
(d) Sell more variety of items.
14. A female B calls Andy. Why does Andy know who it is on the other end of the line before Andy picks up the phone?
(a) This B is notorious for calling Andy before he can call her.
(b) She calls the same time every day.
(c) He has caller ID.
(d) He is always hoping it is her calling.
15. Over what do Andy and B argue?
(a) Whether or not Andress is taller or shorter in person than she appears on film.
(b) Whether or not Paul McCartney would sing for them.
(c) Whether or not Elton John always wears wild clothing.
(d) Whether or not Elizabeth Taylor would marry either one of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what other artist does Andy compare himself?
2. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
3. Andy is immediately annoyed by the direction of the conversation and tells Damian what?
4. What is annoying Andy about his room?
5. Andy and B are hosted by what film director?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)