|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy relish about these establishments.
(a) They will remain open just because he has money to spend.
(b) They have all that he needs.
(c) They are always clean and organized.
(d) The workers are always so friendly.
2. Why is this character flustered?
(a) When Andy refuses to leave the lobby.
(b) When Andy requests a hotel room for a few more nights.
(c) When Andy wants to leave the hotel.
(d) When Andy complains about his accomodations.
3. How is Andy no different from most other people?
(a) He loves to eat.
(b) He is nervous about getting married.
(c) He has been in love many times.
(d) In his denial of death or unwillingness to discuss it.
4. What do B and Andy discuss?
(a) The need for beauty products to cover blemishes and the fact that the products also cause the blemishes.
(b) The cost of food.
(c) The law of diminishing returns regarding socks.
(d) The price of underwear.
5. What is significant about the abrupt style in a book filled with rambling statements?
(a) It is less important than the rest of the book.
(b) It is unnatural.
(c) It mimics the sometimes abrupt nature of death.
(d) It shows how much more important this chapter is than the others.
6. What are Andy and B doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Watching television in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(b) Talking in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(c) People-watching in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
(d) Sleeping in the lobby of the Grand Hotel in Rome.
7. What could this chapter represent?
(a) Someone expressing his love for another.
(b) Someone meeting someone for the first time.
(c) Someone planning for wedding.
(d) Someone changing the topic of a conversation due to its uncomfortable nature.
8. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
(a) On the weekends.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) During the afternoon.
9. Andy finds what he is looking for and is content until when?
(a) A salesman shows him some new underwear options.
(b) He gets in a long line behind the register.
(c) A salesman tells him his purchase is on sale.
(d) He sees the price tag.
10. What does Andy think about flying?
(a) He does not mind it.
(b) He refuses to do it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He does not like it.
11. Over what do Andy and B argue?
(a) Whether or not Andress is taller or shorter in person than she appears on film.
(b) Whether or not Paul McCartney would sing for them.
(c) Whether or not Elton John always wears wild clothing.
(d) Whether or not Elizabeth Taylor would marry either one of them.
12. These from number 117 are proof of what?
(a) A careful person who works, saves receipts, and pays his taxes.
(b) All that a person needs.
(c) Some things can still be purchased for under a dollar.
(d) Everything has grown more expensive.
13. Why might this chapter be so short?
(a) Perhaps Andy did not care about the subject matter.
(b) Perhaps Andy did not know what to say.
(c) Perhaps Andy wanted to make his book shorter.
(d) Perhaps Andy enjoyed the artistic allusion he created here.
14. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
(a) In order to remember when they were purchased.
(b) In order to know when they are out of style.
(c) In order to rip out the tags.
(d) In order to avoid the collection of too many things.
15. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(b) Very uncomfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Today, the target of Andy's consumption habits is what?
2. Where would B prefer to shop?
3. What does Andy feel about change?
4. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
5. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)