|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(a) Very uncomfortable.
2. Where would B prefer to shop?
3. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
(a) In the intestines.
(b) In the esophagus.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the rectum.
4. Andy would like to be where every week?
(d) New York.
5. How does Andy try to dissuade Damian?
(a) Becoming a celebrity artist is very difficult.
(b) Being a celebrity artist is not always fun.
(c) Being a celebrity artist takes more risk than one would think.
(d) By naming some people who really take risks in life.
6. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(b) Time lines of thought in their minds.
(c) Schools of thought in their minds.
(d) Lists of things to do in their minds.
7. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
8. What does Andy think about flying?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He refuses to do it.
(d) He does not mind it.
9. Why is Truman Capote one person Andy respects?
(a) Because Capote is very funny.
(b) Because Capote is so weatlhy.
(c) Because of Capote's interest in Andy's art.
(d) Because of Capote's brilliant use of words to fill a space with intelligence and quantity.
10. When at home in New York City, why does Andy talk on the phone to many of his B's?
(a) To feel powerful.
(b) To get more commissions.
(c) To catch up on the latest gossip.
(d) To not feel alone.
11. What does Andy prefer carrying as opposed to traveler's checks or personal checks?
(a) Credit cards.
(b) A debit card.
(d) Money orders.
12. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
(a) Taking it to the dumpster.
(b) Replacing the bag with a new one.
(c) It smelling.
(d) Anyone seeing what she discards.
13. Does Andy ever have situations in which he does what he would prefer not to?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, rarely.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, many times.
14. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He is immune to it.
(b) He tires of it.
(c) He craves it.
(d) He enjoys it.
15. The fact that Andy will not relinquish his big bag when shopping at the grocery makes it appear that what is happening?
(a) Andy will be buying many groceries.
(b) Andy is very attached to his bag.
(c) Andy is afraid someone might keep his bag.
(d) Andy might be stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
2. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
3. What happens to Andy's attempts to convince Damian and B about the value of nothing?
4. What is annoying Andy about his room?
5. Andy and B spot a number of celebrities in the hotel, including who?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)