|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
(a) Talk about it.
(b) Pretend it is a movie.
(c) Complain about it.
(d) Forget about it.
2. What does Andy believe supermarkets should do?
(a) Sell more variety of items.
(b) Buy back bad meat.
(c) Buy things back from people.
(d) Sell only what he needs.
3. What does Andy feel that Rome is becoming?
(a) An ancient ruin.
(b) A museum.
(c) The new New York.
(d) The new Hollywood.
4. What does B clean with a special cloth?
(a) Her antiques.
(b) Her violin.
(c) Her tables.
(d) Her pencil jar.
5. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Schools of thought in their minds.
(b) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(c) Lists of things to do in their minds.
(d) Time lines of thought in their minds.
6. Why might this chapter be so short?
(a) Perhaps Andy wanted to make his book shorter.
(b) Perhaps Andy enjoyed the artistic allusion he created here.
(c) Perhaps Andy did not know what to say.
(d) Perhaps Andy did not care about the subject matter.
7. What does Andy think about flying?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He does not mind it.
(c) He refuses to do it.
(d) He does not like it.
8. B has a special obsession with garbage and cringes at the thought of what?
(a) Taking it to the dumpster.
(b) It smelling.
(c) Anyone seeing what she discards.
(d) Replacing the bag with a new one.
9. What does Andy prefer carrying as opposed to traveler's checks or personal checks?
(a) A debit card.
(b) Credit cards.
(d) Money orders.
10. Why does Andy believe it would be ideal for items in the closet to have expiration dates?
(a) In order to rip out the tags.
(b) In order to avoid the collection of too many things.
(c) In order to remember when they were purchased.
(d) In order to know when they are out of style.
11. Andy finds what he is looking for and is content until when?
(a) A salesman tells him his purchase is on sale.
(b) A salesman shows him some new underwear options.
(c) He gets in a long line behind the register.
(d) He sees the price tag.
12. When do Damian and B feel that a person grows potentially more depressed?
(a) With each year.
(b) With each friend they lose.
(c) As they become wealthier.
(d) The closer they live to a large city.
13. What is significant about the abrupt style in a book filled with rambling statements?
(a) It shows how much more important this chapter is than the others.
(b) It is less important than the rest of the book.
(c) It is unnatural.
(d) It mimics the sometimes abrupt nature of death.
14. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(b) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
(c) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(d) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
15. What does Damian say about being a celebrity artist?
(a) They are no different than anyone else.
(b) That artist must have taken some risk at some time to have become different and stand out from the others.
(c) That artist should go back to his or her roots.
(d) They are fake, just like all celebrities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of how many sentences is this chapter comprised?
2. Why is Andy joined in his room by B and Damian?
3. Why does Andy feel conflicted about his art?
4. What is annoying Andy about his room?
5. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)