|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy's Torino art dealer phones, inviting Andy and B to what?
(c) A performance.
2. Andy finds what he is looking for and is content until when?
(a) A salesman shows him some new underwear options.
(b) He gets in a long line behind the register.
(c) He sees the price tag.
(d) A salesman tells him his purchase is on sale.
3. Andy answers the phone in the midst of doing what?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Brushing his teeth.
(c) Working on a portrait.
(d) Eating jam from a jar.
4. How many tricks does Andy have to help him persevere?
5. Andy is tired from the long flight and wishes that he could sleep in the lobby. Why?
(a) He is too tired to go to his room.
(b) He does not want to have to get up.
(c) The lobby chairs are comfortable.
(d) The lobby of any hotel is always much nicer than the rooms.
6. When B leaves the room for a few minutes, how does Andy feel about being left alone with Damian?
(c) Very uncomfortable.
7. Ultimately what does Andy think of this dialogue?
(a) He tires of it.
(b) He is immune to it.
(c) He craves it.
(d) He enjoys it.
8. If you can't believe it's happening, what should you do?
(a) Pretend it is a movie.
(b) Talk about it.
(c) Forget about it.
(d) Complain about it.
9. When does Andy enjoy going to restaurants and drugstores?
(a) In the morning.
(b) During the afternoon.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) In the middle of the night.
10. Andy admires people who can use space wisely with what?
11. Why might this chapter be so short?
(a) Perhaps Andy wanted to make his book shorter.
(b) Perhaps Andy did not care about the subject matter.
(c) Perhaps Andy enjoyed the artistic allusion he created here.
(d) Perhaps Andy did not know what to say.
12. While people are living their lives what can happen?
(a) They go from single to married in a matter of moments.
(b) They fall in love quickly.
(c) They are caught up short by death's appearance.
(d) They fed and satisfied in a matter of minutes.
13. In what does Andy delight when walking around the store?
(a) Looking at all the beautiful things to buy.
(b) Looking at the shoppers around him.
(c) Looking rich and buying things to store on his bedroom windowsill.
(d) Looking at people stare at him.
14. What might be another reason for the brevity of this chapter?
(a) He simply had other things he wanted to think about more.
(b) He simply got bored of the subject matter.
(c) He simply did not want to work on his book at that point of the process.
(d) He simply was unwilling to discuss the topic in any detail.
15. To Andy's way of thinking, people compartmentalize their thoughts into what?
(a) Condominium-like spaces in their minds.
(b) Time lines of thought in their minds.
(c) Schools of thought in their minds.
(d) Lists of things to do in their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy feel about change?
2. Why is this character flustered?
3. If the thought is too repugnant, what should be done?
4. Can the brevity of the chapter be seen as a literary form?
5. Andy recommends that people have tubes installed where?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)