|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andy find his first television set fascinating?
(a) He no longer has to entertain himself.
(b) People on the TV can share their problems with him, making Andy more immune to the problems of his real life acquaintances.
(c) There are shows on at all hours of the day.
(d) It is the most technologically-advanced appliance he owns.
2. When does Andy realize his true marriage to media?
(a) When he purchases his television.
(b) When he cannot leave his tape recorder at home.
(c) When he purchases a telephone.
(d) When he purchases a tape recorder.
3. Why does New York not have time to have an aesthetic?
(a) It takes a person half a day to go either downtown or uptown.
(b) The people are rude and loud.
(c) There is very little art in New York.
(d) It is ugly and dirty.
4. B offers up an alternative career for Andy. What is that career?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Customs Official.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) A college professor.
5. What does Taxi do with makeup?
(a) She hoards it.
(b) She steals it.
(c) She rarely uses it.
(d) She gives it away.
6. Are Andy's movies purely about sex?
7. How does Andy adopt this pattern?
(a) He arrives at five minutes to one for every ten o'clock appointment.
(b) He cancels.
(c) He arrives early.
(d) He reschedules.
8. What is Andy's fear?
(a) Being on live television.
(b) Losing his fame.
(c) Losing his friends.
(d) Being poor.
9. When Andy has an appointment to meet someone at ten o'clock, what does that person sometimes do?
(a) Arrive early.
(c) Not become available until five minutes to one.
10. Why will adults never take this position with their children?
(a) Beauty, love, and sex constitute big business.
(b) Art, dance, and music constitute big business.
(c) Math, reading, and writing constitute big business.
(d) Science, history, and foreign languages constitute big business.
11. What does Andy hope for Taxi?
(a) That she can find happiness.
(b) That her parents will support her.
(c) That the singer can take care of Taxi better than Andy could.
(d) That she will be successful.
12. Why does a woman shoot Andy?
(a) She is afraid he would attack her.
(b) She wants Andy to produce a film script she had written and he rejected the project.
(c) She thinks he is robbing her.
(d) She wants to kill him.
13. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
(a) Commercial Art.
(b) Soda Art.
(c) Modern Art.
(d) Pop Art.
14. To what does this discussion of Andy's physical appearance lead?
(a) A long discussion of tatoos and piercings.
(b) A long discussion of makeup and bodily scars.
(c) A short discussion of makeup and bodily scars.
(d) A short discussions of tatoos and piercings.
15. What does Andy admit about the business at first?
(a) It was a perfect job.
(b) It ran very smoothly.
(c) It did not run smoothly.
(d) It was not enjoyable.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
2. What is the largest part of being famous?
3. If children understand early how insignificant _____________ is, they will not be so obsessed with it.
4. Andy also explores the concept of having what?
5. Fame has what?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)