|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andy believe it is preferable to think of nothing?
(a) It is less stressful to think of nothing.
(b) It is nothing that is exciting and sexy in this world.
(c) No one will be offended or hurt.
(d) It is too difficult to think about anything.
2. What is Andy determined to become?
(a) Friends with other artists.
(b) A good artist.
(c) A loner.
3. Andy admits to an affair with what?
(a) His television.
(b) Another artist.
(c) A girl down the hall.
(d) His friend.
4. What is the largest part of being famous?
(a) The parties.
(b) The mystique of fame and notoriety.
(c) The money.
(d) The friends.
5. What does Taxi do in regards to fashion statements?
(a) She stays current with fashion trends.
(b) She ignores fashion.
(c) She wishes she could understand fashion.
(d) She makes them readily adapted by the fashion industry.
6. Due to what does Andy spend much of a sickly childhood in bed with paper dolls?
(a) Many broken bones.
(b) St. Vitus Dance.
7. What is Taxi's main focus each day?
(a) Finding places to exhibit her art.
(b) Getting and hoarding the drugs she will need to support her addictions.
(c) Paying her bills.
(d) Getting her art work completed.
8. The hardest work for Andy, after being alive, is what?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Making art.
(c) Earning money.
(d) Having sex.
9. By the early 1960s, what happens to Andy's art career?
(a) It blossoms.
(b) It is the same as it has been.
(c) It begins.
(d) It struggles.
10. How does Andy mock his physical appearance?
(a) By talking about his weight and short fingers.
(b) By talking about his crooked teeth.
(c) By talking about his lack of hair and crooked spine.
(d) By talking about his pallor, shaggy, silver white hair, the chic freakiness and affectless gaze.
11. What does this fear create?
(a) A basis for anger.
(b) A basis for loneliness.
(c) A basis of respect.
(d) A basis for unhappiness.
12. What clothing is especially offensive to Andy?
(a) Clothing that is very bright.
(b) Leathers and suedes.
(c) Unnatural fabrics.
(d) Clothing that does not flatter someone.
13. Why will adults never take this position with their children?
(a) Art, dance, and music constitute big business.
(b) Beauty, love, and sex constitute big business.
(c) Math, reading, and writing constitute big business.
(d) Science, history, and foreign languages constitute big business.
14. When Andy arrives in New York, where does he live?
(a) In an art commune.
(b) In a studio apartment.
(c) In a small one bedroom apartment.
(d) In the YMCA.
15. If Andy had not been famous for being Andy Warhol, what does Andy believe would not have happened to him?
(a) He would not be happy.
(b) He would not have any friends.
(c) He would not have been shot.
(d) He would not be so wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the art style that Andy establishes which draws even more people and more celebrity to him?
2. Why does Andy agree with this woman about her opinion of herself?
3. Why does Taxi leave Andy's life?
4. To what is Taxi addicted?
5. Andy also explores the concept of having what?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)