|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andy's fear?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Losing his fame.
(c) Being on live television.
(d) Losing his friends.
2. Whose hands does Andy study?
(a) His neighbor's.
(b) His girlfriend's.
(c) His own.
(d) A waiter's.
3. To what aspect of Andy are entertainment celebrities especially drawn?
(a) His art and bohemian lifestyle.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His personality.
4. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
(a) Talking to strangers.
(b) Working hard.
(d) Making friends.
5. The hardest work for Andy, after being alive, is what?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Earning money.
(c) Having sex.
(d) Making art.
6. What is the largest part of being famous?
(a) The friends.
(b) The parties.
(c) The mystique of fame and notoriety.
(d) The money.
7. B offers up an alternative career for Andy. What is that career?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) Customs Official.
(c) Police officer.
(d) A college professor.
8. What does Andy hope for Taxi?
(a) That she can find happiness.
(b) That the singer can take care of Taxi better than Andy could.
(c) That she will be successful.
(d) That her parents will support her.
9. Why does Andy find his first television set fascinating?
(a) He no longer has to entertain himself.
(b) It is the most technologically-advanced appliance he owns.
(c) There are shows on at all hours of the day.
(d) People on the TV can share their problems with him, making Andy more immune to the problems of his real life acquaintances.
10. What does this fear create?
(a) A basis for unhappiness.
(b) A basis for anger.
(c) A basis of respect.
(d) A basis for loneliness.
11. What does Andy find to be the hardest part of fame?
(a) Signing autographs.
(b) Greeting fans.
(c) Being lonely.
(d) Doing interviews with people from different media.
12. When does Andy's attack take place?
(a) In June, 1966.
(b) In June, 1965.
(c) In June, 1968.
(d) In June, 1967.
13. What do Andy and B say about chocolate-covered cherries?
(a) They are a strange desert.
(b) The avoidance of chocolate-covered cherries strewn on the floor and what each does if he or she should happen to step on one of the candies.
(c) They are delicious.
(d) They should be avoided because they are so fattening.
14. Andy also admits to being what kind of a snob?
(a) A celebrity snob.
(b) A music snob.
(c) A food snob.
(d) An art snob.
15. Does Andy believe that a person should change his or her beauty for the sake of changing with trends?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young man, Andy strives to learn about love and finds the truest representations where?
2. Why does he find this to be the hardest part?
3. Due to what does Andy spend much of a sickly childhood in bed with paper dolls?
4. What does Andy believe about love?
5. Why is popular culture in America a great equalizer in Andy's opinion?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)