|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taxi adapt to her new life?
(a) By buying cheap clothes.
(b) By buying used art supplies.
(c) By asking Andy for help.
(d) By studying hard.
2. Who is Taxi?
(a) A television show.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A waitress at Andy's favorite restaurant.
(d) A spoiled South Carolina debutante.
3. To Andy, why is the idea of fame relative?
(a) Fame comes and goes.
(b) There is always someone more famous than you.
(c) Fame is shallow.
(d) As soon as a person begins to know a famous person, the aura of fame is diminished a little bit.
4. Andy believes that the events that happen in people's lives are more like what?
(a) Watching a play.
(b) Fiction than reality.
(c) The action in his life.
(d) Watching TV than the shows presented on television.
5. What is the largest part of being famous?
(a) The parties.
(b) The friends.
(c) The money.
(d) The mystique of fame and notoriety.
6. By the early 1960s, what happens to Andy's art career?
(a) It begins.
(b) It blossoms.
(c) It struggles.
(d) It is the same as it has been.
7. If children understand early how insignificant _____________ is, they will not be so obsessed with it.
8. When Andy arrives in New York, where does he live?
(a) In the YMCA.
(b) In a studio apartment.
(c) In an art commune.
(d) In a small one bedroom apartment.
9. What does Andy equate with the first time he, as an adult, sees the movie SNOW WHITE?
(a) The importance of love.
(b) The anticipation of love and sex.
(c) The fantasy of love.
(d) The ignorance of youth.
10. How does this concept come to Andy?
(a) He wastes his time every day.
(b) His friends often do as they wish.
(c) He witnesses a funeral in Japan where all the mourners are reveling instead of weeping.
(d) Businessmen are good at using their time wisely.
11. If Andy had a television show, what would he call it?
(a) Something Special.
(c) Nothing Special.
(d) Something Strange.
12. Why does Andy believe this is a good age to learn about love and sex?
(a) People should not become sexually active until after high school.
(b) People should learn before puberty.
(c) People are living longer and there should be a longer period of anticipation in people's lives.
(d) People should not get married until they are in their thirties.
13. What does Andy believe about love?
(a) It is all anyone needs in life.
(b) It is what he obsesses over.
(c) It is too complicated and involves more work than most people are willing or able to commit to.
(d) It does not exist.
14. What does this fear create?
(a) A basis for loneliness.
(b) A basis for unhappiness.
(c) A basis of respect.
(d) A basis for anger.
15. As a young man, Andy strives to learn about love and finds the truest representations where?
(a) In movies.
(b) In restaurants.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Andy believe that a person should change his or her beauty for the sake of changing with trends?
2. To round out his statements on beauty, Andy names how many things that are always beautiful to him?
3. To what is Taxi addicted?
4. Why does Taxi leave Andy's life?
5. Why has Taxi moved to New York City?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)