|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andy agree with this woman about her opinion of herself?
(a) The woman wants to lose weight to be beautiful.
(b) The woman is not what others would call beautiful.
(c) The woman faces the world with a beautiful, confident demeanor.
(d) The woman has a beautiful face, so she is partially beautiful.
2. How does Andy mock his physical appearance?
(a) By talking about his crooked teeth.
(b) By talking about his weight and short fingers.
(c) By talking about his pallor, shaggy, silver white hair, the chic freakiness and affectless gaze.
(d) By talking about his lack of hair and crooked spine.
3. As a teenager, Andy finds summer employment where?
(a) At a museum.
(b) At a department store.
(c) At a gallery.
(d) At an art store.
4. Andy's musings about the concept of time range from what?
(a) The practical to the ridiculous.
(b) The somewhat practical to the very practical.
(c) The ridiculus to the insane.
(d) The somewhat odd to the very strange.
5. As an "energy-loser" Andy refrains as much as possible from what?
(b) Making friends.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Talking to strangers.
6. What would Andy's fear prevent him from ever being able to do?
(a) Become close to anyone.
(b) Spending money.
(c) Have a job on television.
(d) What he wants.
7. Real beauty, to Andy, is exemplified by what?
(a) The selfless and helpful.
(b) Cleanliness and good grooming.
(c) Kindness and virtue.
(d) The meek and mild.
8. What does Andy admit about the business at first?
(a) It was a perfect job.
(b) It ran very smoothly.
(c) It was not enjoyable.
(d) It did not run smoothly.
9. With what is Andy obsessed, regarding his appearance?
(a) His eyes.
(b) The pimples on his face.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His facial hair.
10. What is Andy determined to become?
(a) A loner.
(b) Friends with other artists.
(c) A good artist.
11. What do Andy and B say about chocolate-covered cherries?
(a) They are a strange desert.
(b) They are delicious.
(c) They should be avoided because they are so fattening.
(d) The avoidance of chocolate-covered cherries strewn on the floor and what each does if he or she should happen to step on one of the candies.
12. Does Andy believe that a person should change his or her beauty for the sake of changing with trends?
13. What clothing is especially offensive to Andy?
(a) Unnatural fabrics.
(b) Clothing that is very bright.
(c) Leathers and suedes.
(d) Clothing that does not flatter someone.
14. Why should this plan be put into effect for both permanent and short term beauty shortcomings?
(a) So that a person always feels in control of his or her attractiveness.
(b) So that others will know what to expect.
(c) So that one will be transparent.
(d) So others will know what topics of conversation to avoid.
15. Why does Andy have a special fascination with these people?
(a) He wants to learn from them.
(b) They are so different from him.
(c) They are so strong.
(d) They are able to balance the pressure of creating a successful show all the while seeming to just be engaged in conversation with several famous people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Andy feel that being in the dark about love and sex can be a good situation?
2. Why should a person take the initiative and point out his or her own personal shortcomings?
3. Andy also believes that a person can make a conscious choice to do what, regarding his time?
4. If children understand early how insignificant _____________ is, they will not be so obsessed with it.
5. What does this fear create?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)