|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy equate with the first time he, as an adult, sees the movie SNOW WHITE?
(a) The anticipation of love and sex.
(b) The importance of love.
(c) The ignorance of youth.
(d) The fantasy of love.
2. Andy also explores the concept of having what?
(a) Time on your hands.
(b) A busy schedule.
(c) No free time.
(d) A great deal of money.
3. What clothing is especially offensive to Andy?
(a) Leathers and suedes.
(b) Unnatural fabrics.
(c) Clothing that does not flatter someone.
(d) Clothing that is very bright.
4. Why will adults never take this position with their children?
(a) Beauty, love, and sex constitute big business.
(b) Math, reading, and writing constitute big business.
(c) Art, dance, and music constitute big business.
(d) Science, history, and foreign languages constitute big business.
5. Does Andy feel that being in the dark about love and sex can be a good situation?
(b) Not at first.
6. Andy and B then discuss the viability of Andy becoming what one day?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) A father.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A famous artist.
7. Andy believes that during this time people forget about what?
(a) What true emotions are.
(b) What good art really is.
(c) What it is like to be normal.
(d) What matters to them.
8. What is Andy determined to become?
(b) A good artist.
(c) Friends with other artists.
(d) A loner.
9. Real beauty, to Andy, is exemplified by what?
(a) The meek and mild.
(b) The selfless and helpful.
(c) Cleanliness and good grooming.
(d) Kindness and virtue.
10. Andy admits to an affair with what?
(a) Another artist.
(b) His friend.
(c) His television.
(d) A girl down the hall.
11. Andy also believes that a person can make a conscious choice to do what, regarding his time?
(a) He can waste time.
(b) He can do what he wants with his time.
(c) He can make their time more efficient.
(d) He can spend it happy or sad.
12. B offers up an alternative career for Andy. What is that career?
(a) Customs Official.
(b) Police officer.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) A college professor.
13. Why does Andy find his first television set fascinating?
(a) It is the most technologically-advanced appliance he owns.
(b) There are shows on at all hours of the day.
(c) He no longer has to entertain himself.
(d) People on the TV can share their problems with him, making Andy more immune to the problems of his real life acquaintances.
14. What does Andy regret not having?
(b) A pet.
(d) A boss.
15. What does Andy recall when he is shot?
(a) Being afraid of his attacker.
(b) Seeing a bright light.
(c) Feeling a great deal of pain.
(d) Feeling that he is watching the event as opposed to experiencing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andy believe people act like babies longer than before?
2. The hardest work for Andy, after being alive, is what?
3. Toward whom does Andy gravitate more?
4. What does Andy hope for Taxi?
5. Why does Andy feel this way about being in the dark about love and sex?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)