|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will adults never take this position with their children?
(a) Beauty, love, and sex constitute big business.
(b) Art, dance, and music constitute big business.
(c) Science, history, and foreign languages constitute big business.
(d) Math, reading, and writing constitute big business.
2. What does Andy believe about love?
(a) It is what he obsesses over.
(b) It is all anyone needs in life.
(c) It is too complicated and involves more work than most people are willing or able to commit to.
(d) It does not exist.
3. When does Andy believe that people should be informed about love and sex?
(a) Age forty.
(b) Age thirty.
(c) Age twenty.
(d) Age ten.
4. How does this concept come to Andy?
(a) He witnesses a funeral in Japan where all the mourners are reveling instead of weeping.
(b) Businessmen are good at using their time wisely.
(c) His friends often do as they wish.
(d) He wastes his time every day.
5. What city is more aesthetic than New York?
(a) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andy has an appointment to meet someone at ten o'clock, what does that person sometimes do?
2. Why does New York not have time to have an aesthetic?
3. To what aspect of Andy are entertainment celebrities especially drawn?
4. Andy feels that the best love is what kind of love?
5. What does this fear create?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)