|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
2. What does Hegel say has to be his starting point for consciousness?
3. According to Hegel, what is there in common between tool making and the work of art?
4. How does Hegel see self-division in an entity?
5. What does Hegel call a kind of diffusing selfless Self?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of life in Hegel's philosophy? How does that term apply differently to different entities? What are the different stages of purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Hegel's ideas concerning the characteristic tensions and conflicts as the individual is transformed from organic nature to Absolute Knowledge, and discuss the process by which the Spirit develops.
Essay Topic 3
Hegel's philosophy is predicated on the concept of the Spirit's progress from raw material to manifest spirit. Does "Phenomenology of Spirit" contain other views of human existence in which things are eternal and do not progress but remain the same forever? Does Hegel repress the concept of a culture that does not change over time but preserves the same arts and cultural practices from one generation to the next?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)