Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture does Hegel credit with inspiring his insights?
2. What does Hegel say is the Divine?
3. What was Hegel's dread of death influenced by?
4. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
5. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
Essay Topic 1
How does Hegel's philosophy change in modern times with modern technology? With an argument based in Hegel's text, say whether the Phenomenology of Spirit needs to be updated because of modernity's developments, either in technology or politics or warfare or the arts or culture.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit. Where is the book most itself? Where is it unresolved, or riven with internal tensions? How are those tensions contained? What are the forces that are trying to pull Phenomenology of Spirit apart?
Essay Topic 3
According to Hegel, what is the difference between duty, morality, law and art? These things all help the self mediate between subjective self-awareness and existence as an objective thing in the world. How are duty, morality, law, and art different in how they mediate the different stages of the opposition the self encounters?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)