|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is there in common between tool making and the work of art?
2. The spirit that creates artwork also creates what else according to Hegel?
3. What in Hegel's view does individuality gain when it finds itself after being lost to the public order?
4. How does Idealist philosophy describe the world?
5. What does conceit cause according to Hegel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hegel mean by saying that every action is divisive?
2. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
3. What, in Hegel's view, is the purpose of life?
4. How does Hegel describe the Absolute Spirit?
5. In what way or under what conditions can self-consciousness itself be moral in Hegel's view?
6. Define the German word Geist.
7. What does the statue represent in Hegel's view?
8. How is the Divine Being revealed, in Hegel's philosophy?
9. What does Hegel say about the distribution of wealth?
10. According to Hegel's philosophy, what is the progression the self follows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the laws that govern the self in its relation with itself and in its relation with external reality? Discuss the laws that apply to the self in its development. Is development itself one of the world's laws according to Hegel's philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Hegel's ideas concerning the characteristic tensions and conflicts as the individual is transformed from organic nature to Absolute Knowledge, and discuss the process by which the Spirit develops.
Essay Topic 3
What is Hegel's relationship with art? What is his ideal artistic form, or is life itself an artistic form for the Absolute Spirit?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)