Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture does Hegel credit with inspiring his insights?
2. What does Hegel say is the Divine?
3. What was Hegel's dread of death influenced by?
4. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
5. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
Describe and analyze Hegel's ideas concerning the characteristic tensions and conflicts as the individual is transformed from organic nature to Absolute Knowledge, and discuss the process by which the Spirit develops.
What is Hegel's relationship with art? What is his ideal artistic form, or is life itself an artistic form for the Absolute Spirit?
Hegel uses anatomical metaphors to express his theories, such as his comparison of Sensibility to the nervous system, or Reproduction to the intestinal system. What is the role of the body in Hegel's philosophy, and are his metaphors meant to invoke the body as a constant presence behind Hegel's discussion of Reason and the development of the self-consciousness, or are they merely explanatory metaphors?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)