Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture does Hegel credit with inspiring his insights?
2. What does Hegel say is the Divine?
3. What was Hegel's dread of death influenced by?
4. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
5. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
Essay Topic 1
According to Hegel, in what ways are internal reality and external reality correlated? Analyze the distinction between internal and external reality and describe the correlations that unify them at each stage of Spirit's development? Are they ever completely unified? Are they ever completely separate?
Essay Topic 2
Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit" describes the process by which an individual progresses from raw nature to manifested spirit. How is "Phenomenology of Spirit" also an allegory of the rite of passage into adulthood?
Essay Topic 3
What is Hegel's relationship with art? What is his ideal artistic form, or is life itself an artistic form for the Absolute Spirit?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)