Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else must an individual conquer in order to manifest individuality according to Hegel?
2. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
3. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
4. What does Hegel recommend for people who conflict with their times and culture?
5. According to Hegel, what is it that prevents the development of consciousness from producing societal problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hegel, what effect does the awareness of death have on the self?
2. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
3. How does Hegel describe the Absolute Spirit?
4. How does Hegel define determinateness?
5. What is the "conceit of individuality" and what force counters it according to Hegel's philosophy?
6. What, in Hegel's view, is the purpose of life?
7. In what way does Hegel say that humans can continue to progress beyond Absolute Knowledge?
8. How does Hegel define force?
9. Why does Hegel describe consciousness as unhappy?
10. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
Is Hegel writing for everyman or for specific types of people who are interested in a certain kind of self-discovery? Is he defining an archetypal experience of the soul's maturation, or is he talking about the experience divines and mystics undergo as they search for and find enlightenment?
What is Hegel's relationship with art? What is his ideal artistic form, or is life itself an artistic form for the Absolute Spirit?
What are the laws that govern the self in its relation with itself and in its relation with external reality? Discuss the laws that apply to the self in its development. Is development itself one of the world's laws according to Hegel's philosophy?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)