|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mind that gains a reprieve from the fear of death according to Hegel?
(a) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death reconciles death with meaninglessness.
(b) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death loses meaning.
(c) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death loses absolute freedom.
(d) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death gains individuality.
2. What does Hegel relate conscious activity to?
3. Where does Hegel look for God in art?
(a) In the framework for art.
(b) In the mystical experience of art.
(c) In the underlying laws of art.
(d) In the social uses of art.
4. What does Hegel include in the religion of art?
(b) Ancient Greek revelries of Bacchus.
(c) National culture.
5. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
2. How does Hegel see self-division in an entity?
3. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
4. According to Hegel, what is the relationship between spiritual life and the day-to-day world?
5. What does Hegel contrast darkness to?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)