|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Spirit turns back on itself according to Hegel?
(a) It makes further progress.
(b) It unifies spirit and mind.
(c) It reconciles history and the present.
(d) It raises consciousness to a higher level.
2. How does Virtue manifest Reason in a society according to Hegel?
(a) Through works of art.
(b) Through public and private acts.
(c) Through work.
(d) Through public rituals.
3. According to Hegel, what is there in common between tool making and the work of art?
(a) Both kinds of creation turns the creator into a spiritual workman.
(b) Both kinds of creation transform the means of industrial production.
(c) Both kinds of creation return people to a state of primal existence.
(d) Both kinds of creation express the soul of a people.
4. In Hegel's philosophy, which aspect of mind can operate in ways that do not touch daily life in a cause-effect manner?
(a) Mind as self-awareness.
(b) Mind as individuality.
(c) Mind as such.
(d) Mind as Universal Spirit.
5. What does Hegel relate conscious activity to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel describe the community he found himself living in?
2. What does Hegel contrast darkness to?
3. What qualities exist in both "no property" and "property" according to Hegel?
4. What work marks the progress through Hegel's text and meanings?
5. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hegel define the artificer?
2. What does Hegel mean by saying that every action is divisive?
3. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
4. How does Hegel define duty?
5. How do light and dark function in natural religion, in Hegel's view?
6. How does Hegel define self-estrangement?
7. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
8. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
9. What does the statue represent in Hegel's view?
10. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the difference between conscience and the moral self-consciousness?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)