|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Hegel use to describe the interrelation of Spirit with events?
(c) Spirit of the Times.
2. How does Virtue manifest Reason in a society according to Hegel?
(a) Through public and private acts.
(b) Through work.
(c) Through works of art.
(d) Through public rituals.
3. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
(a) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to individuality.
(b) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to religion.
(c) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to spirit.
(d) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to culture.
4. How does Hegel describe the fulfillment of duty?
(a) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is morality enacted.
(b) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is Spirit manifested.
(c) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the consequence of spiritual life.
(d) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the origin of individuality
5. What is it about art that reveals religion in Hegel's view?
(a) Balanced symmetries of form.
(b) Human work.
(c) Sacred inspiration.
(d) Devoted craftsmanship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
2. What does Hegel say has to be his starting point for consciousness?
3. How does Idealist philosophy describe the world?
4. At the level of freedom and terror, what does self-consciousness have according to Hegel?
5. Which religion comes first, in Hegel's philosophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
2. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
3. Define the German word Geist.
4. How does Hegel describe the Absolute Spirit?
5. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
6. In what way does Hegel say that humans can continue to progress beyond Absolute Knowledge?
7. What does Hegel mean by saying that every action is divisive?
8. According to Hegel's philosophy, what is the progression the self follows?
9. How is the Divine Being revealed, in Hegel's philosophy?
10. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)