|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, how can absolute freedom be expressed?
(a) It cannot be expressed.
(b) Through self-fulling choices.
(c) Through an activity that proceeds from the self.
(d) Through negativity.
2. What does Hegel prepare for his readers in the last chapter?
(a) A theory of science.
(b) A theory of art.
(c) A map of the terrain ahead.
(d) A history of consciousness.
3. What does Hegel contrast darkness to?
4. What does conceit cause according to Hegel?
(b) Impure motives and perversions.
(c) Bad faith.
5. What is the stage after the "beautiful soul" in Hegel's view?
(a) The Spirit is manfest in work.
(b) The mind attains enlightenment.
(c) The Spirit discovers its duty.
(d) The mind becomes the Absolute Spirit incarnate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spirit represent for the Mind according to Hegel?
2. At the level of freedom and terror, what does self-consciousness have according to Hegel?
3. What does Hegel see in his ideal form of art?
4. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
5. According to Hegel, what do people ultimately find as a result of Insight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Divine Being revealed, in Hegel's philosophy?
2. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
3. How does Hegel account for self-conflict as an opportunity for the self?
4. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
5. Define the German word Geist.
6. In what way does Hegel say that humans can continue to progress beyond Absolute Knowledge?
7. According to Hegel, what effect does the awareness of death have on the self?
8. What does Hegel mean by saying that every action is divisive?
9. What is enlightenment and what are its consequences according to Hegel?
10. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)