|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is there in common between tool making and the work of art?
(a) Both kinds of creation turns the creator into a spiritual workman.
(b) Both kinds of creation transform the means of industrial production.
(c) Both kinds of creation express the soul of a people.
(d) Both kinds of creation return people to a state of primal existence.
2. In Hegel's opinion, what is superstition based on?
(a) Transcendent experience.
(b) Universal Mind.
(c) Spiritual intuition.
(d) Inadequate knowledge.
3. How does Virtue manifest Reason in a society according to Hegel?
(a) Through work.
(b) Through works of art.
(c) Through public rituals.
(d) Through public and private acts.
4. In Hegel's philosophy, enlightenment is superior to stages of development that are associated with what?
5. What was Hegel's dread of death influenced by?
(a) An ongoing war.
(b) Hegel's accident on horseback.
(c) Hegel's near-death experience.
(d) Hegel's father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Hegel use to describe the interrelation of Spirit with events?
2. What is the ultimate result of action according to Hegel?
3. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
4. What does Hegel equate with Spirit?
5. What does Insight cause people to find according to Hegel?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)