|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is the relationship between spiritual life and the day-to-day world?
(a) They are separate but complementary.
(b) They are mutually exclusive.
(c) They take place together.
(d) They are interdependent but separate.
2. In Hegel's philosophy, in what way does the Spirit serve a two-fold function?
(a) It is acts at the same time that it reposes.
(b) It contains both the universal and eternal and the particular and contingent.
(c) It understands at the same time that it is beyond understanding, even to itself.
(d) It observes itself as object at the same time that it is subject.
3. How does Hegel describe the fulfillment of duty?
(a) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the origin of individuality
(b) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the consequence of spiritual life.
(c) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is Spirit manifested.
(d) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is morality enacted.
4. According to Hegel, what has Absolute Spirit developed into in the "beautiful soul"?
(a) The Absolute Spirit has become a functioning state of consciousness.
(b) The Absolute Spirit has disappeared as the beautiful soul manifests its own unique spirit.
(c) The Absolute Spirit has become a tool for discerning truth.
(d) The Absolute Spirit has become a part of nature.
5. Under what condition does Spirit mean Mind in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) When the Mind has achieved a higher and special level of functioning.
(b) When the Spirit is embodied in a will.
(c) When the Mind begins the struggle for self-awareness.
(d) When the Spirit existst in any particular detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work marks the progress through Hegel's text and meanings?
2. What does the "artificer" represent in Hegel's philosophy?
3. What is the father of science in Hegel's opinion?
4. What emerges after self-estrangement fades according to Hegel?
5. What does Spirit represent for the Mind according to Hegel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hegel define Absolute Freedom?
2. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
3. What does the statue represent in Hegel's view?
4. According to Hegel, how does the individual experience Absolute Knowledge?
5. What is enlightenment and what are its consequences according to Hegel?
6. How does Hegel define self-estrangement?
7. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the difference between conscience and the moral self-consciousness?
8. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
9. How does Hegel define duty?
10. According to Hegel, what does the law of heart do to an individual who follows it?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)