|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else reached similar conclusions to Hegel's, about the nature of Absolute self-consciousness?
(a) Eastern philosophers.
(b) Renaissance philosophers.
(c) Enlightenment philosophers.
(d) Pragmatist philosophers.
2. How does Virtue manifest Reason in a society according to Hegel?
(a) Through public rituals.
(b) Through public and private acts.
(c) Through works of art.
(d) Through work.
3. Which culture does Hegel credit with inspiring his insights?
(a) Egyptian religion.
(b) Greek cults.
(c) Norse cults.
(d) Syrian religion.
4. What does Hegel see in his ideal form of art?
(a) The Eternal bound within a moment's work.
(b) The Absolute within self-consciousness as a subject.
(c) The Divine manifested in an individual craftsman.
(d) The hymn in a still, perfect form.
5. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
(a) They are opposites.
(b) They are opposites and coexisting ideas.
(c) They are complementary and interdependent.
(d) They are mutually exclusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
2. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
3. What is Hegel searching for in his discussion of morality?
4. Under what condition does Spirit mean Mind in Hegel's philosophy?
5. What does the belief in the Underworld transform into according to Hegel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hegel account for self-conflict as an opportunity for the self?
2. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
3. How does Hegel define self-estrangement?
4. What is the difference between "property" and "no property" in Hegel's view?
5. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
6. How does Hegel define duty?
7. How does Hegel define the artificer?
8. How is the Divine Being revealed, in Hegel's philosophy?
9. According to Hegel, what does the law of heart do to an individual who follows it?
10. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)