Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which culture does Hegel credit with inspiring his insights?
(a) Egyptian religion.
(b) Syrian religion.
(c) Greek cults.
(d) Norse cults.
2. What does Hegel say is the Divine?
(a) The world.
(b) The spirit.
(c) The human.
(d) The self-consciousness.
3. What was Hegel's dread of death influenced by?
(a) Hegel's near-death experience.
(b) Hegel's father's death.
(c) An ongoing war.
(d) Hegel's accident on horseback.
4. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
(a) To act correctly upon duty.
(b) To understand one's duty.
(c) To help other people fulfill their duty.
(d) To recognize the primal importance of duty.
5. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
(a) The perfection of man's will.
(b) The inner divinity of man.
(c) The inevitable nature of self-consciousness.
(d) The divine nature of fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel call a kind of diffusing selfless Self?
2. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
3. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
4. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
5. In Hegel's philosophy, where is duty found?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)