|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel define Enlightenment?
(a) Insight directed against belief.
(b) Wisdom gained through experience.
(c) Mind visited by reason.
(d) History embodied in an individual.
2. How does Hegel define the self at the higher level of consciousness?
(a) As "that which is always in exile.
(b) As "that which is perceiving what is."
(c) As "that which finds itself in everything.
(d) As "that which sees things in the true light of spirit.
3. In Hegel's opinion, what does the universal law of heart lead to?
4. What do contradictory elements lead to according to Hegel?
(a) Dutiful actions.
5. How does Idealist philosophy describe the world?
(a) As the manifestation of human divinity.
(b) As the externalization of animist rituals.
(c) As full of attributes of consciousness.
(d) As the result of divine work.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
2. According to Hegel, what is there in common between tool making and the work of art?
3. How does Hegel describe each action?
4. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
5. What work marks the progress through Hegel's text and meanings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hegel mean by saying that every action is divisive?
2. According to Hegel, what effect does the awareness of death have on the self?
3. Define the German word Geist.
4. What is the contradiction that governs the self's relationship with morality, in Hegel's view?
5. What does Hegel say about the distribution of wealth?
6. In what way or under what conditions can self-consciousness itself be moral in Hegel's view?
7. How does Hegel describe the Absolute Spirit?
8. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
9. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
10. What is the effect of Insight on self-consciousness, in Hegel's philosophy?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)