|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emerges after self-estrangement fades according to Hegel?
(b) A new round of self-conflict.
2. What does Hegel contrast darkness to?
3. What does the conscience create according to Hegel?
(a) A rebirth and cultivation of Spirit.
(b) A manifestation of the Universal Mind.
(c) A concrete instance of the Mind.
(d) The sphere in which Mind can be perfected.
4. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
5. How does Hegel describe the fulfillment of duty?
(a) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the consequence of spiritual life.
(b) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is morality enacted.
(c) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is the origin of individuality
(d) Hegel says that the fulfillment of duty is Spirit manifested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "beautiful soul's" relationship with morality according to Hegel?
2. What is the stage after the "beautiful soul" in Hegel's view?
3. According to Hegel, what is the difficulty with self-consciousness manifesting morality?
4. How does Hegel define the self at the higher level of consciousness?
5. What is it about art that reveals religion in Hegel's view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the German word Geist.
2. How does Hegel define Absolute Freedom?
3. According to Hegel, what do artists and tool makers have in common?
4. In what way or under what conditions can self-consciousness itself be moral in Hegel's view?
5. In what way does Hegel say that humans can continue to progress beyond Absolute Knowledge?
6. According to Hegel, what effect does the awareness of death have on the self?
7. What is the two-fold function of Spirit, in Hegel's philosophy?
8. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
9. According to Hegel, what does the law of heart do to an individual who follows it?
10. According to Hegel's philosophy, what is the progression the self follows?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)