|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, how can absolute freedom be expressed?
(a) Through negativity.
(b) Through an activity that proceeds from the self.
(c) Through self-fulling choices.
(d) It cannot be expressed.
2. What is the "beautiful soul's" relationship with morality according to Hegel?
(a) Morality is one of the beautiful soul's tools.
(b) Morality is the means by which the soul attains its beauty.
(c) Morality is effectively built-in to the beautiful soul
(d) Morality is the beautiful soul's duty.
3. Under what condition does Spirit mean Mind in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) When the Spirit existst in any particular detail.
(b) When the Mind has achieved a higher and special level of functioning.
(c) When the Spirit is embodied in a will.
(d) When the Mind begins the struggle for self-awareness.
4. According to Hegel's philosophy, what will lead people to the goal of Absolute self-conscious Spirit?
(a) A combination of history and science.
(b) Self-awareness in nations.
(c) Orthodox religion.
(d) Art and ritual.
5. What is freedom at the level of absolute freedom and terror caused by according to Hegel?
(a) Freedom at this level is caused by the unity of all things.
(b) Freedom at this level is caused by the absence of all distinctions.
(c) Freedom at this level is caused by the particular thingness of all things.
(d) Freedom at this level is caused by the inexorable nature of fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do contradictory elements lead to according to Hegel?
2. At the level of freedom and terror, what does self-consciousness have according to Hegel?
3. According to Hegel, what is science's relationship with philosophy?
4. In Hegel's opinion, what does the universal law of heart lead to?
5. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the self caught between in its early stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hegel, what effect does the awareness of death have on the self?
2. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
3. How does Hegel define duty?
4. Define the German word Geist.
5. What is the difference between "property" and "no property" in Hegel's view?
6. How does Hegel define self-estrangement?
7. How does Hegel describe the Absolute Spirit?
8. How do light and dark function in natural religion, in Hegel's view?
9. What does Hegel say about the distribution of wealth?
10. How does Hegel define Absolute Freedom?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)