|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hegel's opinion, what does the universal law of heart lead to?
2. Where does Hegel look for God in art?
(a) In the framework for art.
(b) In the mystical experience of art.
(c) In the underlying laws of art.
(d) In the social uses of art.
3. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
(a) The divine nature of fate.
(b) The inner divinity of man.
(c) The inevitable nature of self-consciousness.
(d) The perfection of man's will.
4. What happens when Spirit turns back on itself according to Hegel?
(a) It reconciles history and the present.
(b) It unifies spirit and mind.
(c) It raises consciousness to a higher level.
(d) It makes further progress.
5. According to Hegel, what is the relationship between spiritual life and the day-to-day world?
(a) They take place together.
(b) They are mutually exclusive.
(c) They are separate but complementary.
(d) They are interdependent but separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the mind that gains a reprieve from the fear of death according to Hegel?
2. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
3. What is Hegel's feeling about communism?
4. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the self caught between in its early stage?
5. In Hegel's view, what does the spark of the Absolute represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hegel, how is duty related to action?
2. What is the difference between "property" and "no property" in Hegel's view?
3. Define the German word Geist.
4. According to Hegel's philosophy, what is the individual's relationship with society, in terms of the development of ethical behavior?
5. How do light and dark function in natural religion, in Hegel's view?
6. How does Hegel define the artificer?
7. In what way does Hegel say that humans can continue to progress beyond Absolute Knowledge?
8. What is God's relationship with the work of art, in Hegel's view?
9. According to Hegel, what do artists and tool makers have in common?
10. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the difference between conscience and the moral self-consciousness?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)