|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did cranioscopy examine?
(a) The density of the skull.
(b) The evolution of the human skull.
(c) The simliarity of skull shapes within families.
(d) The form of the skull.
2. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
(a) "To know the self."
(b) "To fulfill the self."
(c) "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
(d) "To be myself."
3. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
(a) Humans and animals.
(b) The entire universe.
(c) All humans.
(d) All living things.
4. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
(a) In God.
(b) In spirituality.
(c) In self-knowledge.
(d) In History.
5. What does Hegel say accompanies the process of Virtue bringing good into the world?
(a) Struggle and suffering.
(b) Universalization of mind.
(c) Dialogue and reconciliation.
(d) Conformity and oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the translator, what does "the fact of the matter" refer to?
2. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
3. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
4. What does Hegel explain in the introduction of The Phenomenology of Mind?
5. According to Hegel, for what purpose are Unity, Difference and Relation all necessary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hegel define hedonism?
2. How does Hegel characterize the Course of the World, and what is the result of overcoming it?
3. Why does Hegel describe consciousness as unhappy?
4. How does Hegel define the relationship between the lord and the servant?
5. What does "concrete" mean in Hegel's terminology?
6. How does Hegel define force?
7. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
8. What obstacle is there, in Hegel's terminology, to an individual following the law of the heart?
9. How does Hegel define Reason?
10. What are the stages by which the conscious mind develops, in Hegel's terminology?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)