|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revealed Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hegel explain in the introduction of The Phenomenology of Mind?
(a) Where the work fits in the history of philosophy.
(b) Where the inspiration for the work came from.
(c) Why he was the only one who could have written this work.
(d) Why the work is necessary to his times and to humanity.
2. According to Hegel, what constitutes the Course of the World?
(a) The events of the world as external reality.
(b) The external reality that informs subjectivity.
(c) The heart and its desire and development.
(d) The inner events that motivate external reality.
3. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
(a) Unification of Spirit and Mind.
(b) A new occasion for self-awareness to be born.
(c) The death of all other possible actions.
(d) The need to mediate with self-consciousness.
4. According to Hegel, what is "honest activity" related to?
(b) The origins of action.
(d) The effects of action.
5. Hegel writes that the divisive power of the mind allows the self to define itself relative to what?
(a) The individual's past.
(b) The self.
(c) The family.
(d) The external universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of artwork does Hegel discuss as the foundation of revealed religion?
2. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
3. What were both phrenology and cranioscopy looking for?
4. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
5. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the first stage in the development of the conscious mind?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)