|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revealed Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel describe the community he found himself living in?
(a) Historical consciousness.
(b) Eighteenth-century Germany.
(d) The ethical world.
2. What does Hegel focus on when he talks about the abstract work of art?
(a) The hymn.
(b) The abstract painting.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The sonata.
3. What does Hegel say self-consciousness can express as Absolute Spirit?
(a) The inner divinity of man.
(b) The inevitable nature of self-consciousness.
(c) The perfection of man's will.
(d) The divine nature of fate.
4. What is the ultimate result of action according to Hegel?
(a) Renewed conflict within the self.
(c) Ethical behavior.
(d) Reconciliation of the universal and the particular.
5. How is belief transformed into enlightenment according to Hegel?
(a) Everything is doubted and questioned.
(b) Everything is reaffirmed in its divine aspect.
(c) Everything is rejected as distraction from the divine.
(d) Everything is accepted as evidence of the divine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, why is even a killer dissatisfied with the self-certainty that comes from killing another person?
2. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the first stage in the development of the conscious mind?
3. What were both phrenology and cranioscopy looking for?
4. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
5. According to Hegel, how does the truth of concrete individuals manifest?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)