|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revealed Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that expresses both the individual and inner reality, in Hegel's view?
(b) Conflict within the self.
(c) Physical form.
2. According to Hegel, how can absolute freedom be expressed?
(a) Through an activity that proceeds from the self.
(b) It cannot be expressed.
(c) Through self-fulling choices.
(d) Through negativity.
3. At the level of freedom and terror, what does self-consciousness have according to Hegel?
(a) Partial identification with the universal mind.
(b) Existential dread.
(c) Unity with the divine mind.
4. In Hegel's philosophy, in what way does the Spirit serve a two-fold function?
(a) It observes itself as object at the same time that it is subject.
(b) It understands at the same time that it is beyond understanding, even to itself.
(c) It contains both the universal and eternal and the particular and contingent.
(d) It is acts at the same time that it reposes.
5. How do objects achieve identity according to Hegel?
(a) Through assertion.
(b) Through reflection.
(c) Through determinateness.
(d) Through self awareness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the self caught between in its early stage?
2. How does Hegel describe reason?
3. According to Hegel, what has Absolute Spirit developed into in the "beautiful soul"?
4. In Hegel's philosophy, which aspect of mind can operate in ways that do not touch daily life in a cause-effect manner?
5. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)