|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revealed Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
(a) The need to mediate with self-consciousness.
(b) A new occasion for self-awareness to be born.
(c) Unification of Spirit and Mind.
(d) The death of all other possible actions.
2. What is freedom at the level of absolute freedom and terror caused by according to Hegel?
(a) Freedom at this level is caused by the particular thingness of all things.
(b) Freedom at this level is caused by the inexorable nature of fate.
(c) Freedom at this level is caused by the absence of all distinctions.
(d) Freedom at this level is caused by the unity of all things.
3. What do contradictory elements lead to according to Hegel?
(a) Dutiful actions.
4. What causes the formation of laws according to Hegel?
(a) The movement of the mind.
(b) The existence of the mind.
(c) The education of the mind.
(d) The subordination of the mind.
5. What does Hegel say has to be his starting point for consciousness?
(a) Hegel says that consciousness begins with self-awareness.
(b) Hegel says that he has to begin from a spiritual view of the world.
(c) Hegel says that consciousness begins with self-conflict.
(d) Hegel says that he has to begin from a moral view of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel see in his ideal form of art?
2. When does the complete spiritual being begin to function in the world according to Hegel?
3. In Hegel's philosophy, what does the self want instead of the good and the true?
4. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
5. What does Hegel say accompanies the process of Virtue bringing good into the world?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)