|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Moral View of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
(a) Power and awareness.
(b) Access to the world-spirit.
(d) Authority and riches.
2. How does Hegel approach morality?
(a) As a reason for living.
(b) As a product of Spirit's development.
(c) As a form of consciousness in itself.
(d) As a consequence of self-consiousness.
3. According to the translator's note, Hegel's study of pleasure and necessity is really a study of what?
4. What is Hegel's feeling about communism?
(a) He likes the prospect of everyone being provided for.
(b) He dreads the inevitable bureaucratization.
(c) He warns against the prospect of militant radicals running the economy.
(d) He foresees problems with greed and workers' motivations.
5. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
(a) In spirituality.
(b) In self-knowledge.
(c) In History.
(d) In God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel describe Necessity?
2. What does Hegel say about the concept of absolute reality?
3. What does Insight cause people to find according to Hegel?
4. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
5. What is humanity's tendency according to Hegel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)