|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Moral View of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Hegel say society plays in how man determines his direction?
(a) Hegel says that society inhibits men's freedom.
(b) Hegel says that society works against the direction of the heart.
(c) Hegel says that society provides the foundation for freedom.
(d) Hegel says that society codifies desires with laws.
2. What else must an individual conquer in order to manifest individuality according to Hegel?
(a) The conceit of individuality.
(b) Organic consciousness.
(c) Artistic form of individual expression.
(d) Histoical situatedness.
3. What rejection does the uniqueness of a self require according to Hegel?
(a) Rejection of the other.
(b) Rejection of the eternal.
(c) Rejection of the abstract.
(d) Rejection of the past.
4. What does Hegel say accompanies the process of Virtue bringing good into the world?
(a) Universalization of mind.
(b) Conformity and oppression.
(c) Struggle and suffering.
(d) Dialogue and reconciliation.
5. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
(a) Knowledge and science.
(b) Self-consciousness and reflection.
(c) Scientific knowledge.
(d) Self reconciliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say we have to see in order to understand the truth about a thing?
2. What is it that expresses both the individual and inner reality, in Hegel's view?
3. What do both parts of a lordship/bondage relationship seek in Hegel's philosophy?
4. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
5. What does Hegel explain in the introduction of The Phenomenology of Mind?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)