|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Moral View of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the translator's note, Hegel's study of pleasure and necessity is really a study of what?
2. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
(a) In history.
(b) In consciousness.
(c) In fate.
(d) In the particular.
3. What happens to the mind that gains a reprieve from the fear of death according to Hegel?
(a) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death gains individuality.
(b) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death loses meaning.
(c) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death reconciles death with meaninglessness.
(d) The mind that is reprieved from fear of death loses absolute freedom.
4. According to Hegel, what are the mind's two relations to reality?
(a) Spirit and heart.
(b) Reason and physiology.
(c) Thinking and biology.
(d) History and concepts.
5. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
(a) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to individuality.
(b) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to culture.
(c) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to religion.
(d) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel see self-division in an entity?
2. What are noumena according to Hegel?
3. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
4. What is it that indicates something about a person's unique traits, in Hegel's account?
5. How does Hegel describe the process of the World running its Course?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)