|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in Self-Estrangement- The Discipline of Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
(a) In the particular.
(b) In fate.
(c) In consciousness.
(d) In history.
2. What does Insight cause people to find according to Hegel?
(c) The universal mind.
3. What else does Reason require in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) The self-evidence of the self and the world.
(b) Doubt as to the nature of the self and the world.
(c) A degree of monomania.
(d) An acceptable myth describing the nature of self and world.
4. What qualities does Hegel describe as being necessary for organic entities?
(b) Capable of perception.
5. What does Hegel say we have to see in order to understand the truth about a thing?
(a) The notion that things continue to exist regardless of our presence or absence.
(b) The possibility of there being something more than the thing itself.
(c) The reality that perception is subjective and relative.
(d) The possibility that there can be more than one thing at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of an animal's mentality in Hegel's opinion?
2. According to Hegel, why is even a killer dissatisfied with the self-certainty that comes from killing another person?
3. How does Hegel classify desires?
4. What is the ultimate result of action according to Hegel?
5. What dictum does Hegel endorse?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)