|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in Self-Estrangement- The Discipline of Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, self-consciousness is aware of itself relative to what?
(a) Infant fulfillment and abstract promises.
(b) Objects and universals.
(c) Conscience and desire.
(d) Desire and loss.
2. What dictum does Hegel endorse?
(a) Do what you are afraid to do.
(b) Speak only when necessary.
(c) Love thy neighbor as thyself.
(d) Know thyself.
3. In Hegel's philosophy, what does the self want instead of the good and the true?
(a) To follow its own law.
(b) Freedom to follow its desires.
(c) To know truth in universal terms.
(d) The self wants to be dominated by more powerful forces.
4. What relation binds the object and the perceiver in Hegel's philosophy?
(b) The World-Spirit.
5. What does Hegel relate desire to?
(b) Primitive will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel classify desires?
2. Where does Hegel see the opportunity for good to be manifest through the actions of human beings?
3. What emerges after self-estrangement fades according to Hegel?
4. How does Hegel define ownership?
5. Why does Hegel say that the relationship with the bondsman is not fulfilling for the lord?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)