|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in Self-Estrangement- The Discipline of Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is "honest activity" related to?
(a) The origins of action.
(d) The effects of action.
2. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
(a) They are all 'objects of perception' to another person.
(b) They are all 'mind'.
(c) They are all raw material for consciousness.
(d) They are all 'things'.
3. According to Hegel, what do people ultimately find as a result of Insight?
4. How does Hegel describe the process of the World running its Course?
(a) Torturous and miserable.
(c) Sad and unpleasant.
5. What does consciousness rest on in Hegel's account?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does each action lead to?
2. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
3. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
4. How does Hegel describe the set of things that work against the "law of the heart"?
5. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)