|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Virtue & the Course of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main obstacle to the individual submitting to the good and the true in Hegel's view?
(b) The conceit of individuality.
(c) The universalization of the mind.
(d) The illusion of free will.
2. What is the relationship between phrenology, physiognomy, and cranioscopy according to Hegel?
(a) They all represent sciences that have evolved closer to conciousness.
(b) They all address the problem of embodiment of self-consciousness.
(c) They are all forms of self-measurement and self-reflection.
(d) They are all evidence of different kinds of scientific thinking.
3. What role does Hegel say society plays in how man determines his direction?
(a) Hegel says that society works against the direction of the heart.
(b) Hegel says that society inhibits men's freedom.
(c) Hegel says that society codifies desires with laws.
(d) Hegel says that society provides the foundation for freedom.
4. Which philosopher influenced Hegel's use of categories?
5. According to Hegel, for what purpose are Unity, Difference and Relation all necessary?
(a) For the evolution of man.
(b) For the development of self-reflection.
(c) For the reconciliation of man with himself.
(d) For the development of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
2. What does Hegel say is the goal of individual self-consciousness?
3. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
4. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
5. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)