|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Virtue & the Course of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were both phrenology and cranioscopy looking for?
(a) A link between form and individual traits.
(b) A link between man and ape.
(c) A link between man and God.
(d) A link between form and heredity.
2. How does Hegel describe the process of the World running its Course?
(b) Torturous and miserable.
(c) Sad and unpleasant.
3. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
(a) Stable sources of food and shelter.
(b) Stable self-certainty.
(c) Double consciousness.
(d) Transcendent self-awareness.
4. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
5. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, how does the truth of concrete individuals manifest?
2. What is the main obstacle to the individual submitting to the good and the true in Hegel's view?
3. What rejection does the uniqueness of a self require according to Hegel?
4. How do objects achieve identity according to Hegel?
5. How does Hegel classify desires?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)