|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Virtue & the Course of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does an individual need to do to live wisely and virtuously?
(a) Live their lives.
(b) Express themselves in acts and words.
(c) Conform to their culture.
(d) Develop new ways of doing things.
2. In Hegel's philosophy, what does the self want instead of the good and the true?
(a) To follow its own law.
(b) The self wants to be dominated by more powerful forces.
(c) To know truth in universal terms.
(d) Freedom to follow its desires.
3. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
(a) By living.
(b) By attaining reflection.
(c) By attaining consciousness.
(d) By reconciling its self with reality.
4. What does Hegel relate desire to?
(b) Primitive will.
5. How does Hegel describe Necessity?
(a) Hegel says that Necessity works against the law of the heart.
(b) Hegel says that Necessity crushes men's freedom with fate.
(c) Hegel says that Necessity gives man everything he needs.
(d) Hegel says that Necessity liberates man to make free will decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel include in the limitations of laws?
2. What are noumena according to Hegel?
3. According to Hegel, what constitutes the Course of the World?
4. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
5. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)