|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Virtue & the Course of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both parts of a lordship/bondage relationship seek in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) The elimination of the other.
(b) Self-certainty of consciousness.
2. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(b) A physiological apparatus for perception.
(c) An entity whose end is itself.
(d) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
3. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
(a) They are all raw material for consciousness.
(b) They are all 'objects of perception' to another person.
(c) They are all 'mind'.
(d) They are all 'things'.
4. What did cranioscopy examine?
(a) The form of the skull.
(b) The density of the skull.
(c) The evolution of the human skull.
(d) The simliarity of skull shapes within families.
5. How does Hegel describe the set of things that work against the "law of the heart"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do objects achieve identity according to Hegel?
2. What rejection does the uniqueness of a self require according to Hegel?
3. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
4. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the first stage in the development of the conscious mind?
5. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)