|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Virtue & the Course of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A new authority.
(b) A new understanding.
(c) A reassessment of relationships.
(d) A new law.
2. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
3. What is it that indicates something about a person's unique traits, in Hegel's account?
(a) The marks on a body.
(b) A person's heridity.
(c) What a person does to their body.
(d) The person's original body.
4. According to Hegel, how does the truth of concrete individuals manifest?
(a) It manifests in action.
(b) If manifests without any doubt.
(c) It manifests in every decision.
(d) It manifests in self-conflict.
5. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
(a) In self-reflection.
(b) In the failure of the power of observation.
(c) In the fulfillment of self-consciousness.
(d) In the concrete reality of the self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hegel writes that the divisive power of the mind allows the self to define itself relative to what?
2. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
3. What does Hegel recommend for people who conflict with their times and culture?
4. According to Hegel, what constitutes the Course of the World?
5. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)