|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hegel recommend for people who conflict with their times and culture?
2. What causes the formation of laws according to Hegel?
(a) The education of the mind.
(b) The existence of the mind.
(c) The subordination of the mind.
(d) The movement of the mind.
3. How does the double consciousness unify according to Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Through mediation and transformation.
(b) By submission of the body to the spirit.
(c) By transcending the physical.
(d) By embracing the divine.
4. How does Hegel classify desires?
(a) Demonic consciousness.
(b) Material existence.
(c) Animal consciousness.
(d) The root of self-awareness.
5. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
(a) All humans.
(b) The entire universe.
(c) Humans and animals.
(d) All living things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel describe force?
2. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
3. What does Hegel explain in the introduction of The Phenomenology of Mind?
4. What is it that expresses both the individual and inner reality, in Hegel's view?
5. What does consciousness rest on in Hegel's account?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)