|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel describe force?
(a) Force is an eternal power in the world.
(b) Force is a human power to be used against nature.
(c) Force is impersonal, natural, and divine.
(d) Force is an attempt to transfer understanding.
2. What are the elements in Hegel's account?
(a) Earth, fire, water, air.
(b) The sun, moon and stars.
(c) The fundamental emotions, anger, desire, pity.
(d) The conditions of archaic existence.
3. What school of thought influenced Hegel's writing?
4. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
(a) The inner is also dependent on the outer.
(b) They are also complementary.
(c) They are also mutually dependent.
(d) The outer is also dependent on the inner.
5. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) An entity whose end is itself.
(b) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(c) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(d) A physiological apparatus for perception.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel describe reason?
2. What relation binds the object and the perceiver in Hegel's philosophy?
3. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
4. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
5. What does Hegel explain in the introduction of The Phenomenology of Mind?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)