|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher influenced Hegel's use of categories?
2. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
(a) Form and universals.
(b) Unique life.
(c) Scientific self-certainty.
3. Why does Hegel say that the relationship with the bondsman is not fulfilling for the lord?
(a) Because of the drive to power.
(b) Because of a self-contained counter effect.
(c) Because of the nostalgia for pre-lapsarian consciousness.
(d) Because of the imp of the perverse.
4. How does Hegel describe observation?
(a) As a mobile army of metaphors.
(b) As a reliable process.
(c) A contingent on subjectivity.
(d) As necessarily flawed.
5. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
(a) Reconciliation of self and reality.
(c) External reality.
(d) Reflective consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say we have to see in order to understand the truth about a thing?
2. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
3. How does the double consciousness unify according to Hegel's philosophy?
4. What causes the formation of laws according to Hegel?
5. According to Hegel, what are the mind's two relations to reality?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)