|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
(a) Reflective consciousness.
(c) External reality.
(d) Reconciliation of self and reality.
2. What did cranioscopy examine?
(a) The simliarity of skull shapes within families.
(b) The evolution of the human skull.
(c) The density of the skull.
(d) The form of the skull.
3. Which philosopher influenced Hegel's use of categories?
4. According to the translator's note, Hegel's study of pleasure and necessity is really a study of what?
5. Why does Hegel say that the relationship with the bondsman is not fulfilling for the lord?
(a) Because of a self-contained counter effect.
(b) Because of the imp of the perverse.
(c) Because of the drive to power.
(d) Because of the nostalgia for pre-lapsarian consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
2. What were both phrenology and cranioscopy looking for?
3. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
4. According to Hegel, why is even a killer dissatisfied with the self-certainty that comes from killing another person?
5. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)