|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are noumena according to Hegel?
2. How does Hegel define a law?
(a) The relation of any element to the process of becoming an organic being.
(b) Anything capable of being observed as a perception of another.
(c) Anything that appears with profound consistency.
(d) Anything that binds the freedom of an organic entity.
3. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
(a) As a constant in conscious life.
(b) As a failure of reflection.
(c) As an organism's ability to act out.
(d) As a the consequence of reconciliation.
4. According to Hegel, why is the self unhappy?
(a) Because it can never contact its unconscious sources.
(b) Because it can imagine eternity, but has to die.
(c) Because it can imagine fulfillment but never know it completely.
(d) Because it will always be torn between the present contingency and infant perfection.
5. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
(a) In God.
(b) In spirituality.
(c) In self-knowledge.
(d) In History.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
2. What is it that indicates something about a person's unique traits, in Hegel's account?
3. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
4. Which modern culture is the most representative descendant of Hegelian thinking?
5. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)