|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pleasure and Necessity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
(a) The outer is also dependent on the inner.
(b) They are also mutually dependent.
(c) The inner is also dependent on the outer.
(d) They are also complementary.
2. Hegel writes that the divisive power of the mind allows the self to define itself relative to what?
(a) The self.
(b) The external universe.
(c) The individual's past.
(d) The family.
3. What do both parts of a lordship/bondage relationship seek in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Self-certainty of consciousness.
(d) The elimination of the other.
4. Which modern culture is the most representative descendant of Hegelian thinking?
5. What causes the formation of laws according to Hegel?
(a) The education of the mind.
(b) The subordination of the mind.
(c) The movement of the mind.
(d) The existence of the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher influenced Hegel's use of categories?
2. What school of thought influenced Hegel's writing?
3. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
4. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
5. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)