|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of Nature as an Organic Whole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both parts of a lordship/bondage relationship seek in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Self-certainty of consciousness.
(c) The elimination of the other.
2. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
(a) In History.
(b) In God.
(c) In self-knowledge.
(d) In spirituality.
3. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
(a) External reality.
(c) Reflective consciousness.
(d) Reconciliation of self and reality.
4. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
(a) "To be myself."
(b) "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
(c) "To know the self."
(d) "To fulfill the self."
5. How does Hegel describe force?
(a) Force is a human power to be used against nature.
(b) Force is an attempt to transfer understanding.
(c) Force is impersonal, natural, and divine.
(d) Force is an eternal power in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
2. According to Hegel, why is even a killer dissatisfied with the self-certainty that comes from killing another person?
3. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
4. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
5. How does Hegel define a law?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)