|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of Nature as an Organic Whole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
(a) They are also mutually dependent.
(b) They are also complementary.
(c) The outer is also dependent on the inner.
(d) The inner is also dependent on the outer.
2. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
(a) "To be myself."
(b) "To fulfill the self."
(c) "To know the self."
(d) "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
3. What does consciousness rest on in Hegel's account?
4. What qualities does Hegel describe as being necessary for organic entities?
(b) Capable of perception.
5. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
(a) Form and universals.
(b) Scientific self-certainty.
(c) Unique life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
2. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
3. How does Hegel describe reason?
4. What are the elements in Hegel's account?
5. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)