|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of Nature as an Organic Whole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, why is the self unhappy?
(a) Because it can imagine eternity, but has to die.
(b) Because it can imagine fulfillment but never know it completely.
(c) Because it can never contact its unconscious sources.
(d) Because it will always be torn between the present contingency and infant perfection.
2. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) An entity whose end is itself.
(b) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(c) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(d) A physiological apparatus for perception.
3. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Past and present.
(b) Life and Death.
(c) Nature and Mind.
(d) History and Spirit.
4. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
5. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A reassessment of relationships.
(b) A new authority.
(c) A new law.
(d) A new understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
2. How does the double consciousness unify according to Hegel's philosophy?
3. How does Hegel describe reason?
4. How does Hegel describe force?
5. How does Hegel describe notions?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)