|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of Nature as an Organic Whole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, why is the self unhappy?
(a) Because it can imagine fulfillment but never know it completely.
(b) Because it can imagine eternity, but has to die.
(c) Because it can never contact its unconscious sources.
(d) Because it will always be torn between the present contingency and infant perfection.
2. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
(a) External reality.
(c) Reconciliation of self and reality.
(d) Reflective consciousness.
3. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
4. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) An entity whose end is itself.
(b) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(c) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(d) A physiological apparatus for perception.
5. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
(a) "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
(b) "To be myself."
(c) "To fulfill the self."
(d) "To know the self."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
2. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
3. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
4. How else do the inner and outer relate, besides being opposites according to Hegel?
5. How does Hegel describe observation?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)