|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of Nature as an Organic Whole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel define "irritability"?
(a) As a the consequence of reconciliation.
(b) As an organism's ability to act out.
(c) As a constant in conscious life.
(d) As a failure of reflection.
2. Which claim does Hegel make about the mind?
(a) That it can observe itself.
(b) That it can only see itself through Reason.
(c) That it is exempt from claims about observations.
(d) That it is the basis of all claims about reality.
3. According to Hegel, pon what does the reality of a notion depend?
(a) Reconciliation of self and reality.
(b) Reflective consciousness.
(d) External reality.
4. What rejection does the uniqueness of a self require according to Hegel?
(a) Rejection of the abstract.
(b) Rejection of the past.
(c) Rejection of the eternal.
(d) Rejection of the other.
5. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel classify desires?
2. What does Hegel say we have to see in order to understand the truth about a thing?
3. What are noumena according to Hegel?
4. What development does Hegel explain in "Perception, Thing and Deceptiveness"?
5. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)