|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation as a Process of Reason: Observation of Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Hegel's treatise?
(a) To dispel superstition.
(b) To disprove the need for religion.
(c) To cultivate the scientific mind.
(d) To prove the existence and thoughts of God.
2. What field does Hegel defend in the Preface and Introduction?
3. According to Hegel, self-consciousness is aware of itself relative to what?
(a) Desire and loss.
(b) Infant fulfillment and abstract promises.
(c) Objects and universals.
(d) Conscience and desire.
4. Why does Hegel say that the relationship with the bondsman is not fulfilling for the lord?
(a) Because of a self-contained counter effect.
(b) Because of the nostalgia for pre-lapsarian consciousness.
(c) Because of the drive to power.
(d) Because of the imp of the perverse.
5. How does the double consciousness unify according to Hegel's philosophy?
(a) By transcending the physical.
(b) By embracing the divine.
(c) By submission of the body to the spirit.
(d) Through mediation and transformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hegel describe the self?
2. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
3. How does Hegel describe reason?
4. How does Hegel describe force?
5. What are noumena according to Hegel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)