|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation as a Process of Reason: Observation of Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation binds the object and the perceiver in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) The World-Spirit.
2. What are noumena according to Hegel?
3. What development does Hegel explain in "Perception, Thing and Deceptiveness"?
(a) The development of religious consciousness.
(b) The development of the scientific consciousness.
(c) The development of the natural consciousness.
(d) The development of historical consciousness.
4. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A reassessment of relationships.
(b) A new understanding.
(c) A new authority.
(d) A new law.
5. How does Hegel describe the self?
(a) As the sum of material sensations.
(b) As physical and divine.
(c) As both free and abstract.
(d) As bounded but sublime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say we have to see in order to understand the truth about a thing?
2. Why does Hegel say that the relationship with the bondsman is not fulfilling for the lord?
3. What is the purpose of Hegel's treatise?
4. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
5. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)