|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dissemblance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
(a) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to culture.
(b) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to religion.
(c) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to spirit.
(d) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to individuality.
2. What human trait does Hegel say is not found in animals?
(a) Life being lived for itself.
(b) Organic consciousness.
(c) Organic behavior.
3. What does Hegel say is the highest moral function of an individual?
(a) To help other people fulfill their duty.
(b) To act correctly upon duty.
(c) To understand one's duty.
(d) To recognize the primal importance of duty.
4. What role does Hegel say society plays in how man determines his direction?
(a) Hegel says that society provides the foundation for freedom.
(b) Hegel says that society works against the direction of the heart.
(c) Hegel says that society inhibits men's freedom.
(d) Hegel says that society codifies desires with laws.
5. How does Hegel define ownership?
(a) Contractual relationship with mutual obligations.
(b) Total knowledge and possession.
(c) As being of objects only, never people.
(d) Close relationship with duties of protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say has to be his starting point for consciousness?
2. According to Hegel's philosophy, independent self-consciousness is both an aspect of concrete individuality and what else?
3. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
4. How does Hegel describe reason?
5. According to the translator, what does "the fact of the matter" refer to?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)