|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dissemblance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
(a) Power and awareness.
(b) Authority and riches.
(c) Access to the world-spirit.
2. What happens when Spirit turns back on itself according to Hegel?
(a) It raises consciousness to a higher level.
(b) It unifies spirit and mind.
(c) It reconciles history and the present.
(d) It makes further progress.
3. What is the relationship between phrenology, physiognomy, and cranioscopy according to Hegel?
(a) They are all forms of self-measurement and self-reflection.
(b) They all represent sciences that have evolved closer to conciousness.
(c) They all address the problem of embodiment of self-consciousness.
(d) They are all evidence of different kinds of scientific thinking.
4. Which modern culture is the most representative descendant of Hegelian thinking?
5. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
(a) By attaining reflection.
(b) By living.
(c) By reconciling its self with reality.
(d) By attaining consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the self caught between in its early stage?
2. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
3. In Hegel's philosophy, which aspect of mind can operate in ways that do not touch daily life in a cause-effect manner?
4. What did cranioscopy examine?
5. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)