|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dissemblance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation binds the object and the perceiver in Hegel's philosophy?
(c) The World-Spirit.
2. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
(a) Because no property is an absence that depends on the concept of property.
(b) Because property makes people think long term.
(c) Because property makes people think short term.
(d) Because property can function independently of 'no property' but 'no property' cannot function independently.
3. What else must an individual conquer in order to manifest individuality according to Hegel?
(a) Artistic form of individual expression.
(b) Histoical situatedness.
(c) The conceit of individuality.
(d) Organic consciousness.
4. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
(a) In history.
(b) In consciousness.
(c) In the particular.
(d) In fate.
5. How does Hegel look at ethics in the "Moral View of the World" chapter?
(a) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to religion.
(b) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to culture.
(c) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to spirit.
(d) Hegel looks at ethics with respect to individuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
2. In Hegel's philosophy, which aspect of mind can operate in ways that do not touch daily life in a cause-effect manner?
3. Which modern culture is the most representative descendant of Hegelian thinking?
4. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
5. At the level of freedom and terror, what does self-consciousness have according to Hegel?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)