|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dissemblance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A new law.
(b) A new understanding.
(c) A reassessment of relationships.
(d) A new authority.
2. What is humanity's tendency according to Hegel?
(a) To follow the heart.
(b) To create the will through work.
(c) To evolve toward the spirit.
(d) To be driven by desire.
3. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
(a) Literacy and printing presses have made experiences transferable to people have not had the experience themselves.
(b) It is real but it is also a myth that is propagated in philosophy.
(c) The individual learns about existence from individual existence and also from external reality.
(d) The individual intuits the existence of life beyond himself but can never know anything except through direct perception.
4. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Past and present.
(b) Nature and Mind.
(c) History and Spirit.
(d) Life and Death.
5. How does Hegel describe observation?
(a) As a mobile army of metaphors.
(b) As a reliable process.
(c) As necessarily flawed.
(d) A contingent on subjectivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
2. What is Hegel searching for in his discussion of morality?
3. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
4. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
5. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)