|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of the Relation of Self-Consciousness to Its Immediate Actuality- Physiognomy and Phrenology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do objects achieve identity according to Hegel?
(a) Through reflection.
(b) Through assertion.
(c) Through self awareness.
(d) Through determinateness.
2. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Past and present.
(b) History and Spirit.
(c) Nature and Mind.
(d) Life and Death.
3. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
(a) In spirituality.
(b) In God.
(c) In History.
(d) In self-knowledge.
4. According to Hegel, how does the truth of concrete individuals manifest?
(a) If manifests without any doubt.
(b) It manifests in every decision.
(c) It manifests in self-conflict.
(d) It manifests in action.
5. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
(a) They are all raw material for consciousness.
(b) They are all 'things'.
(c) They are all 'mind'.
(d) They are all 'objects of perception' to another person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel mean by "concrete"?
2. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
3. What else does Reason require in Hegel's philosophy?
4. How does Hegel describe reason?
5. How does Hegel describe observation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)