|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of the Relation of Self-Consciousness to Its Immediate Actuality- Physiognomy and Phrenology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A new authority.
(b) A reassessment of relationships.
(c) A new law.
(d) A new understanding.
2. What is a pre-condition to Reason according to Hegel?
(a) Double consciousness.
(b) Transcendent self-awareness.
(c) Stable sources of food and shelter.
(d) Stable self-certainty.
3. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
(a) All humans.
(b) Humans and animals.
(c) All living things.
(d) The entire universe.
4. How does Hegel describe reason?
(a) As evidence of the divine.
(b) As uniquely human.
(c) As a stage of mind.
(d) As an evolutionary benefit.
5. What else does Reason require in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) A degree of monomania.
(b) An acceptable myth describing the nature of self and world.
(c) The self-evidence of the self and the world.
(d) Doubt as to the nature of the self and the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hegel locate the beginning of scientific knowledge?
2. What did cranioscopy examine?
3. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
4. What is it that expresses both the individual and inner reality, in Hegel's view?
5. How do objects achieve identity according to Hegel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)