|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Observation of the Relation of Self-Consciousness to Its Immediate Actuality- Physiognomy and Phrenology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Observation functions with regard to what in Hegel's philosophy?
(a) Past and present.
(b) Life and Death.
(c) Nature and Mind.
(d) History and Spirit.
2. How does Hegel describe observation?
(a) A contingent on subjectivity.
(b) As a reliable process.
(c) As a mobile army of metaphors.
(d) As necessarily flawed.
3. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
(b) Unique life.
(c) Scientific self-certainty.
(d) Form and universals.
4. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(b) A physiological apparatus for perception.
(c) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(d) An entity whose end is itself.
5. What is it that expresses both the individual and inner reality, in Hegel's view?
(a) Conflict within the self.
(d) Physical form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say is ultimately impossible for a human?
2. What is the result of force in Hegel's philosophy?
3. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
4. What does Hegel mean by "concrete"?
5. How does Hegel describe reason?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)