|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reason as Testing Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) An entity whose end is itself.
(b) A physiological apparatus for perception.
(c) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(d) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
2. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
(a) By living.
(b) By attaining reflection.
(c) By attaining consciousness.
(d) By reconciling its self with reality.
3. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
(a) Form and universals.
(b) Scientific self-certainty.
(c) Unique life.
4. What is Hegel's feeling about communism?
(a) He dreads the inevitable bureaucratization.
(b) He warns against the prospect of militant radicals running the economy.
(c) He likes the prospect of everyone being provided for.
(d) He foresees problems with greed and workers' motivations.
5. According to Hegel, what must an individual conquer in order to manifest consciousness and individuality?
(a) The individual must conquer the animal nature within themselves.
(b) The individual must conquer the part of themselves that runs counter to what society needs.
(c) The individual must conquer necessity and the inevitability of his responses.
(d) The individual must conquer the society itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does universality have its reality according to Hegel?
2. According to Hegel, what does an individual need to do to live wisely and virtuously?
3. According to Hegel, self-consciousness is aware of itself relative to what?
4. According to Hegel, what is it that prevents the development of consciousness from producing societal problems?
5. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)