|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reason as Testing Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else must an individual conquer in order to manifest individuality according to Hegel?
(a) Organic consciousness.
(b) The conceit of individuality.
(c) Artistic form of individual expression.
(d) Histoical situatedness.
2. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
(a) Rational actions.
(b) Instinctual reactions.
(c) Universal truths.
(d) Ideas that result in happiness.
3. According to Hegel, what does an individual need to do to live wisely and virtuously?
(a) Express themselves in acts and words.
(b) Develop new ways of doing things.
(c) Live their lives.
(d) Conform to their culture.
4. What rejection does the uniqueness of a self require according to Hegel?
(a) Rejection of the other.
(b) Rejection of the abstract.
(c) Rejection of the past.
(d) Rejection of the eternal.
5. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
(a) "To know the self."
(b) "To fulfill the self."
(c) "To be myself."
(d) "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities exist in both "no property" and "property" according to Hegel?
2. According to Hegel's philosophy, independent self-consciousness is both an aspect of concrete individuality and what else?
3. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
4. What does "the concrete" have in Hegel's account?
5. How does Hegel describe reason?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)