|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reason as Testing Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
(a) They are opposites.
(b) They are opposites and coexisting ideas.
(c) They are mutually exclusive.
(d) They are complementary and interdependent.
2. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
(a) Instinctual reactions.
(b) Ideas that result in happiness.
(c) Universal truths.
(d) Rational actions.
3. According to Hegel's philosophy, independent self-consciousness is both an aspect of concrete individuality and what else?
(b) Thinghood insofar as the self is an object of knowledge.
(c) Scientific consciousness.
(d) Self-reflection as the process of expressing the self.
4. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(b) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
(c) An entity whose end is itself.
(d) A physiological apparatus for perception.
5. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
(a) By reconciling its self with reality.
(b) By living.
(c) By attaining reflection.
(d) By attaining consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
2. What does Hegel recommend for people who conflict with their times and culture?
3. According to Hegel, what is it that prevents the development of consciousness from producing societal problems?
4. What does Hegel mean by "concrete"?
5. How does Hegel define ownership?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)