|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reason as Testing Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hegel define ownership?
(a) Contractual relationship with mutual obligations.
(b) Close relationship with duties of protection.
(c) As being of objects only, never people.
(d) Total knowledge and possession.
2. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
(a) Instinctual reactions.
(b) Rational actions.
(c) Ideas that result in happiness.
(d) Universal truths.
3. What is Hegel's feeling about communism?
(a) He warns against the prospect of militant radicals running the economy.
(b) He foresees problems with greed and workers' motivations.
(c) He likes the prospect of everyone being provided for.
(d) He dreads the inevitable bureaucratization.
4. In Hegel's terminology, what does the term "sensibility" pertain to?
(a) A physiological apparatus for perception.
(b) A mental construct that organizes sensations.
(c) An entity whose end is itself.
(d) A zeitgeist, a spirit of the times.
5. Which modern culture is the most representative descendant of Hegelian thinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the term "sensibility" apply according to Hegel?
2. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
3. What does Hegel mean by "concrete"?
4. According to Hegel, what does an individual need to do to live wisely and virtuously?
5. What is the reason of observation conjoined with, according to the translator?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)