|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reason as Testing Laws.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hegel's philosophy, what is the relation between property and no property?
(a) They are complementary and interdependent.
(b) They are opposites and coexisting ideas.
(c) They are mutually exclusive.
(d) They are opposites.
2. According to Hegel, how does the animal fulfill its purpose?
(a) By attaining reflection.
(b) By reconciling its self with reality.
(c) By attaining consciousness.
(d) By living.
3. What is meant by Hegel's term "practical reason"?
(a) Instinctual reactions.
(b) Rational actions.
(c) Universal truths.
(d) Ideas that result in happiness.
4. What else must an individual conquer in order to manifest individuality according to Hegel?
(a) The conceit of individuality.
(b) Histoical situatedness.
(c) Organic consciousness.
(d) Artistic form of individual expression.
5. According to Hegel, what does an individual need to do to live wisely and virtuously?
(a) Conform to their culture.
(b) Express themselves in acts and words.
(c) Live their lives.
(d) Develop new ways of doing things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel say the meaning of life is for every individual?
2. According to Hegel, what must an individual conquer in order to manifest consciousness and individuality?
3. According to Hegel's philosophy, independent self-consciousness is both an aspect of concrete individuality and what else?
4. In what way could Hegel see a person, a table and a fruit as all identical?
5. Why does Hegel say that "property" is superior to "no property"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)