|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in the Condition of Being Certain of Itself: Morality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What serves as a model for duties for individuals in Hegel's opinion?
(a) Duty to one's own education.
(b) Duty within the family.
(c) Duty to the community.
(d) Duty to the spirit.
2. In Hegel's view, how are laws of thought connected?
(a) By history.
(b) By logic.
(c) By science.
(d) By reason.
3. Whose work did Hegel write in the shadow of?
4. What does Hegel include in the limitations of laws?
(a) Limitations of mind.
(b) Limitations of self-consciousness.
(c) Limitations of observation.
(d) Limitations of reflection.
5. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
2. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
3. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
4. According to Hegel, what are the mind's two relations to reality?
5. According to Hegel, what is "honest activity" related to?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)