|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in the Condition of Being Certain of Itself: Morality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
(a) Historical consciousness.
(b) External reality.
(c) Inner truth.
2. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
(a) The individual intuits the existence of life beyond himself but can never know anything except through direct perception.
(b) It is real but it is also a myth that is propagated in philosophy.
(c) The individual learns about existence from individual existence and also from external reality.
(d) Literacy and printing presses have made experiences transferable to people have not had the experience themselves.
3. According to the translator, what does "the fact of the matter" refer to?
(a) An assertion of the truth of something.
(b) Realities as they appear to subjectivity.
(c) An absolute reality.
(d) Conditions surrounding an event.
4. Hegel writes that the divisive power of the mind allows the self to define itself relative to what?
(a) The family.
(b) The individual's past.
(c) The external universe.
(d) The self.
5. In Hegel's view, how are laws of thought connected?
(a) By logic.
(b) By history.
(c) By science.
(d) By reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
2. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
3. What does Hegel say about the concept of absolute reality?
4. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
5. What causes the formation of laws according to Hegel?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)