|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in the Condition of Being Certain of Itself: Morality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
(a) In self-reflection.
(b) In the failure of the power of observation.
(c) In the fulfillment of self-consciousness.
(d) In the concrete reality of the self.
2. According to Hegel, what are the mind's two relations to reality?
(a) Spirit and heart.
(b) History and concepts.
(c) Thinking and biology.
(d) Reason and physiology.
3. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
(b) Access to the world-spirit.
(c) Power and awareness.
(d) Authority and riches.
4. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
(b) External reality.
(c) Inner truth.
(d) Historical consciousness.
5. What serves as a model for duties for individuals in Hegel's opinion?
(a) Duty to one's own education.
(b) Duty to the spirit.
(c) Duty within the family.
(d) Duty to the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the translator, what does "the fact of the matter" refer to?
2. What does Hegel include in the limitations of laws?
3. Whose work did Hegel write in the shadow of?
4. How does Hegel approach morality?
5. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)