|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in the Condition of Being Certain of Itself: Morality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the translator, what does "the fact of the matter" refer to?
(a) An assertion of the truth of something.
(b) Realities as they appear to subjectivity.
(c) An absolute reality.
(d) Conditions surrounding an event.
2. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
(a) In the fulfillment of self-consciousness.
(b) In the concrete reality of the self.
(c) In the failure of the power of observation.
(d) In self-reflection.
3. What is the center of moral life according to Hegel?
4. What does Hegel say about the concept of absolute reality?
(a) It is beyond the reach of consciousness.
(b) It is a consequence of self-consciousness.
(c) It can only be expressed in art and dreams.
(d) It is an empty notion.
5. What does a man gain by doing good work in Hegel's view?
(a) Power and awareness.
(c) Authority and riches.
(d) Access to the world-spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hegel include in the limitations of laws?
2. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
3. What serves as a model for duties for individuals in Hegel's opinion?
4. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
5. According to Hegel, what is the avenue through which reality and that which exists in consciousness can come into existence?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)