|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spirit in the Condition of Being Certain of Itself: Morality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According tio Hegel where do psychological laws originate?
(a) In self-reflection.
(b) In the failure of the power of observation.
(c) In the fulfillment of self-consciousness.
(d) In the concrete reality of the self.
2. According to Hegel, action turns the external world into an arena where what can come into being?
(a) Inner truth.
(c) External reality.
(d) Historical consciousness.
3. What does Hegel say about the concept of absolute reality?
(a) It is a consequence of self-consciousness.
(b) It can only be expressed in art and dreams.
(c) It is beyond the reach of consciousness.
(d) It is an empty notion.
4. Hegel writes that the divisive power of the mind allows the self to define itself relative to what?
(a) The family.
(b) The individual's past.
(c) The external universe.
(d) The self.
5. In Hegel's view, how are laws of thought connected?
(a) By science.
(b) By reason.
(c) By history.
(d) By logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what is "honest activity" related to?
2. Whose work did Hegel write in the shadow of?
3. How does Hegel approach morality?
4. What is the contradiction at the heart of absolute reality according to Hegel?
5. According to Hegel, what are the mind's two relations to reality?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)