|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Moncharmin think was the ghost, in the end?
2. What happens if Christine turns the grasshopper?
3. What is Mauclair doing?
4. How long does Raoul think they’ve been searching?
5. Why can’t Raoul access the cellars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Persian tell Erik to do?
2. How does Erik discover Raoul is in the chamber?
3. How does Christine respond to the Persian’s conversation?
4. What happened to Philippe?
5. How do the managers decide to trick the ghost, in return?
6. What do the stage managers and other tech people talk about in this chapter?
7. What are some precautions that the managers take with their plan?
8. What is beneath the torture chamber?
9. What does Christine finally say she’ll do?
10. What did Erik say wasn’t his fault?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Opera House is a world of its own. Explore the basis of this society. How has it organized itself, and for what reasons?
Essay Topic 2
Women are often victims in “The Phantom of the Opera.” Is this a misogynistic work? In what ways might it be considered feminist? Are there indications that it may not be, as well?
Essay Topic 3
Raoul’s brother seems to be an important character, and yet dies during the book. Why does he die? Is this a heroic death? Do you think he would be proud of what happened to him?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)