|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Persian want her to turn?
2. Who arrives to help find Christine?
3. What happened to Philippe?
4. What does Mauclair normally do?
5. What will happen if Christine refuses Erik?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Persian and Raoul get into the cellars?
2. What happened to Christine and Raoul?
3. What is the Persian afraid of when Raoul instructs Christine to turn the scorpion?
4. How does the ghost trick the managers about his payment?
5. What does Christine finally say she’ll do?
6. What is Raoul’s reaction to Mifroid’s statements?
7. How did Erik accomplish his tricks?
8. What makes Erik angry in this scene?
9. How does Christine respond to the Persian’s conversation?
10. How is the forest created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Erik spurns the conventions of his society in a variety of way. How is he a subversive character? Discuss his relationship with Christine as well as his hopes and dreams for the future.
Essay Topic 2
Christine’s father is one of the most important people in her life, though they are no longer together. Describe what happened to Christine’s father. What was he like, and what was his fate? How does he come into play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
There are several real-life elements from the book that are actually true. Research these real-life examples and compare and contrast them to the society in the book.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)