|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the secret to Box Five?
2. What does Raoul first do to find Christine?
3. What happened to Erik’s house?
4. What is one way in which the managers have been acting strange?
5. Where is the entrance to Erik’s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Philippe?
2. What do the stage managers and other tech people talk about in this chapter?
3. What does Mifroid tell Raoul happened to Christine?
4. What is Raoul’s reaction to Mifroid’s statements?
5. What does Erik ask of Christine and Raoul?
6. What is beneath the torture chamber?
7. What happened to Christine and Raoul?
8. What did Erik say wasn’t his fault?
9. What makes Erik angry in this scene?
10. What does Mifroid think of Raoul’s statements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, Christine believes in the Angel of Music. What is the significance of this in the context of Erik’s actions? Give concrete and specific examples to illustrate her reactions and explore their significance.
Essay Topic 2
Christine seems to be trapped throughout the book. What choices were available to her? To what extent are her misfortunes her own fault?
Essay Topic 3
Raoul’s brother seems to be an important character, and yet dies during the book. Why does he die? Is this a heroic death? Do you think he would be proud of what happened to him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)